Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 02:07 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times

Advertisements

To my knowledge and from what I've seen, homosexuals more likely than blacks to whine about discrimination, if not more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Wow!

I just sampled some of the posts because I didn't have the stomach to read them all. So forgive me if I'm beating a dead rainbow colored unicorn here.

It is shocking that so many people just don't get it.

I'm gay. Always have been. Always will be. And there ain't no amount of praying or hormone-therapy or shock-therapy or whatever-therapy you hateful people dream up to make money with that will ever change that because that is who I am!

Black people are black because they were born black and there ain't nothin' that will ever change that. Ain't no praying or therapy gonna make someone who is black not be black.

Why is that so difficult to grasp?

Perhaps its the poisoning influence of religion on rational thought?

Maybe anti-gay people just aren't that educated and haven't been exposed to that big scarey world out there beyond the borders of Alabama or South Carolina or anywhere outside the US?

Who knows?

I don't care. *shrug* I just know that your uninformed, "amusing" opinion will have no effect on me as I continue to fight for the same [MOD CUT] rights that you enjoy.

And I will win.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-22-2011 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 05-22-2011, 04:21 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
the **** do they owe the jews anything?
who said they did but don't prove their not anti semites when they do (so called) good thing for the Jewish people by showing things they did that only have a selfish motivation.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
that's funny because gays and their supporters are usually the most anti semtic of all (leave aside the self hating jews who coincidentally are also in both categories)
Wow.

What complete nonsense.

Paranoia much?

Last edited by Ceist; 05-22-2011 at 05:59 AM..

Old 05-22-2011, 06:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why on Earth are so many conservative Christians so oblivious to the meaning of their Bible verses?
Because most of them never actually study the Bible or the cultures and languages in which the texts were written?
Because they are not encouraged to question or think for themselves?
Because they swallow the cherry-picked out-of-context verses in tracts from anti-gay websites or from their anti-gay ministers as it supports their own prejudices?
Because they choose to remain willfully ignorant about homosexuality because it suits their own prejudices?
Because they only think of gay people in negative stereotypes- because it suits their own prejudices?
Because they are closet gays but have been taught to hate homosexuality?
Because they are far more obsessed with the idea of "gay sex" than gay people are?
Because they don't see gay people as real people?
Because they think gays and lesbians are icky?

Last edited by Ceist; 05-22-2011 at 06:15 AM..

Old 05-22-2011, 06:08 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
I wrote about it here.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:13 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
My point is that black people underwent way worse treatment than gays ever have in this country. The examples that you listed of treatment towards gays applies to fat people, skinny people, ugly people, slow people, etc. But black Americans underwent waaaaaay worse treatment. Gay people could hide in the closet and no one would ever know that they were gay. You can't exactly hide the fact that you are black.
But that's just in this country. Gays underwent the Holocaust, along with Jews and Jehovah's Witnesses and gypsies and other groups. Gays are gang-raped and killed by government officials today in countries like Iran and Uganda just for being gay. And they aren't being loud about it. They are searched for and hunted down in their homes. You can't exactly hide the fact you're gay when police are raiding your bedroom.

It's true that the gay rights movement in the U.S. might seem mild compared to the civil rights movement in the 60's, but the global gay rights movement is absolutely comparable to other movements in terms of what gays have gone through and continue to go through today simply for being gay.

Even if it is a sin in the Bible or Qur'an or whatever, it doesn't justify invading people's homes, raping, or killing them.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
What complete nonsense.

Paranoia much?
for example most anti Semitic black political leaders (not politicians who are pandering for either the jewish or gay votes)
Al Sharpton, Lenora Fulani, Charles Barron (though a politician doesn't pander), Cynthia McKinney (though a politician doesn't pander), Jessie Jackson ext. (heck even the president Obama would fit in to this category)
Obama Once Supported Same-Sex Marriage 'Unequivocally'
the opposite is not true
Niger Innis, Roy Innis, Alan Keyes ext.

are or are not the leaders and major activists in the anti circumcision movement gay

why are there so many groups like QuAIA, why are cities like Seattle, SF, Portland, hot beds for both New Antisemitism and gay rights movements?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Gays are gang-raped by government officials today in countries like Iran and Uganda just for being gay.
wouldn't that be gay on gay violence.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:38 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Wow!

I just sampled some of the posts because I didn't have the stomach to read them all. So forgive me if I'm beating a dead rainbow colored unicorn here.

It is shocking that so many people just don't get it.

I'm gay. Always have been. Always will be. And there ain't no amount of praying or hormone-therapy or shock-therapy or whatever-therapy you hateful people dream up to make money with that will ever change that because that is who I am!

Black people are black because they were born black and there ain't nothin' that will ever change that. Ain't no praying or therapy gonna make someone who is black not be black.

Why is that so difficult to grasp?

Perhaps its the poisoning influence of religion on rational thought?

Maybe anti-gay people just aren't that educated and haven't been exposed to that big scarey world out there beyond the borders of Alabama or South Carolina or anywhere outside the US?

Who knows?

I don't care. *shrug* I just know that your uninformed, "amusing" opinion will have no effect on me as I continue to fight for the same [MOD CUT] rights that you enjoy.

And I will win.
we will let God deside who will win not for anyone else to deside!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies