Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 07:00 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
You're post is filled with irony, that is apparently lost on you.
Oops! You got me there, Sophiasmommy ... but to quote the poet Walt Whitman: "Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself!"

Old 05-22-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You're living in a fantasy world. Anyone with a brain can see that men don't go with men and women with women. You, and your homosexual brethren refuse to grow up.
Now all you pro-homosexual types throw your inevitable tantrum and call me names to prove my point.
Hard to believe in this day and age there is such ignorance and intolerance. I would expect a comment like that from a 9 year old.

I guess some people are so steeped in their personal prejudice and bigotry that no matter how many sociological, anthropological, ethnographical, psychological, historical, literary, and host of other empirical scientific research is produced over the past 100 years, they will still cling to their hatred.

No arguing with bigots.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
for example most anti Semitic black political leaders (not politicians who are pandering for either the jewish or gay votes)
Al Sharpton, Lenora Fulani, Charles Barron (though a politician doesn't pander), Cynthia McKinney (though a politician doesn't pander), Jessie Jackson ext. (heck even the president Obama would fit in to this category)
Obama Once Supported Same-Sex Marriage 'Unequivocally'
the opposite is not true
Niger Innis, Roy Innis, Alan Keyes ext.

Not one of the above mentioned individuals you mentioned are themselves members of the Lesbian/Gay Community. You are referencing several African Americans ... are you then suggesting the African American Community is also anti-semitic?

What a bunch of nonsense.

are or are not the leaders and major activists in the anti circumcision movement gay

Oh really? CITE YOUR SOURCES! What LGBT organization has come out against circumcism? And besides ... since when is being critical of the surgical procedure known as circumcision is proof a person is an anti-semite?

why are there so many groups like QuAIA, why are cities like Seattle, SF, Portland, hot beds for both New Antisemitism and gay rights movements?

Seattle, Portland and San Francisco are hotbeds of anti-semitism???
Again, CITE YOUR SOURCES. I haven't seen any such information on the bullitins of the Anti-Defamation League of the B'nai B'rith.
It saddens me that someone who supposedly describes himself as a Jew has gone against the entire mainstream of the American Jewish community, which has been supportive of the struggle of gay/people against discrimination and prejudice.

If necessary, I can cite not dozens, but literally hundreds of articles and statements noted from Jewish organizations such as the B'nai B'rith, the Jewish War Veterans, Hadassah, Women's American ORT, Hillel, etc. that have come out strongly in favor of gay rights.

I can also cite articles documenting the ties between the Jewish community and the LGBT community in such Jewish publications as The Forward, the South Florida Shofar, the Philadelphia Jewish Exponent, etc.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:50 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Whenever homosexuals are being discriminated against, a great number of these people would often play the race card comparing their problems to blacks. Why is that?

Of course when they face anti-gay attitudes from any race, they always put their blame on blacks.
First, I'm glad you kept your diatribe short. Beyond that, I don't understand your first sentence, that being Whenever homosexuals are being discriminated against, a great number of these people would often play the race card comparing their problems to blacks. It sounds like you are implying that gays are playing the race card. I'm not sure how that works. And the last sentence also has me baffled, your last sentence being Of course when they face anti-gay attitudes from any race, they always put their blame on blacks.

I'll tell you what I'll do, I will answer some question that might have something to do with what you were trying to say... Okay, gays are discriminated against. Particularly those who are openly gay. And I'm not talking about folks who dress in some wacko way, or who make sexually gay innuendos. I'm talking about guys, and women, who introduce same-sex partners to friends and co-workers, or perhaps simply admit to being gay rather than live a lie. Often these people are discriminated against on the job, or in their neighborhoods. Occasionally the discrimination is overtly hostile and even at times violent. And of course gays cannot marry in most areas. This is very similar discrimination to what blacks went through before the Civil Rights Revolution. And of course not all things are yet hunky-dory for blacks even today. But at least few people will openly tell a "black" joke in public. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for "gay" jokes. So, bottom line, gays are trying to get the same social respect that blacks have sought, and mostly achieved, including the right to marry.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:50 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
we will let God deside who will win not for anyone else to deside!!!
It's spelled "decide," and who's "we" here?

Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Not one of the above mentioned individuals you mentioned are themselves members of the Lesbian/Gay Community. You are referencing several African Americans ... are you then suggesting the African American Community is also anti-semitic?

What a bunch of nonsense.
no I'm referring to those members of the African American Community who most likley to actively support gay marriage are the same ones who are a bunch of anti semites.
Most of the african americans who oppose gay marriage (over 50%) aren't next time read the post (those are African American leaders who are clearly not Anti Semitic and also don't support gay marriage)
Quote:
the opposite is not true
Niger Innis, Roy Innis, Alan Keyes ext.

Quote:
Oh really? CITE YOUR SOURCES! What LGBT organization has come out against circumcism?

both the person who tried to ban circumcision (with no religious exemptions) in Mass and SF are gay.
they march in the pride parade
Gay Rights Advocates March Against Male Genital Mutilation

Quote:
And besides since when is being critical of the surgical procedure known as circumcision is proof a person is an anti-semite?
considering circumcision is one of the most important commandments to Judaism trying to ban it would be very high on the anti Semite chain.

Quote:
Again, CITE YOUR SOURCES. I haven't seen any such information on the bullitins of the Anti-Defamation League of the B'nai B'rith.
Local News | Israel 'war crimes' bus ads: Group loses billboards, too | Seattle Times Newspaper
Bay Area debate flares over 'new anti-Semitism' - SFGate

for more on Democratic (most of which support gay rights) anti semtisim
Anti-Semitism and the financial crisis - Brainiac - The Boston Globe

Quote:
It saddens me that someone who supposedly describes himself as a Jew has gone against the entire mainstream of the American Jewish community, which has been supportive of the struggle of gay/people against discrimination and prejudice.
it saddens me you (or your ancestors) threw away a God given tradition for liberalism. The Torah is very clear gay relations carries a death sentence. You either believe in Judaism or you don't.
Quote:
entire mainstream of the American Jewish community
I guess these aren't part of the mainstream of the American Jewish community (we're growing and your shrinking)
Aguda, O.U. oppose N.Y. same-sex marriage bill | JTA - Jewish & Israel News
the mainstream NY Jewish community (it's now probly over 50%) against gay marriage

according to a poll that's says NY state is 58% in favor of gay marriage jews are only 56% in favor of gay marriage.
(question 19)
http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/h...0Crosstabs.pdf

there are other polls that show it's 50 50
Poll: NY Is Actually Pretty Split On Gay Marriage: Gothamist
also Orthodox Jews and Russian Jews are always underestimated in polls

Quote:
If necessary, I can cite not dozens, but literally hundreds of articles and statements noted from Jewish organizations such as the B'nai B'rith, the Jewish War Veterans, Hadassah, Women's American ORT, Hillel, etc. that have come out strongly in favor of gay rights.
which doesn't prove that Gays aren't anti semetic it could also be (and is) that American non religious Jews don't care about jews or Judaism (which is not a new phenomenon look up half those organizations Holocaust records where they actively opposed those who tried to save jewish lives (like the Vaad Hatzalah, the Peter Bergson group, the rabbis march on Washington))

Quote:
I can also cite articles documenting the ties between the Jewish community and the LGBT community in such Jewish publications as The Forward, the South Florida Shofar, the Philadelphia Jewish Exponent, etc.
ties that help the gay community and hurt the Jewish one doesn't prove that gays (50%+ and 90%+ of activists) aren't a bunch of anti semites.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Yes, but it also reiterated in the New Testament.

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even [1] their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also [2] the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense [penalty] of their error which was meet [due]" (Rom. 1:26-27).
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (NIV, 1st Corinthians 6:9-11)
Male prostitutes? They were down and dirty back in the day.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:41 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,705 times
I thought it was Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve. IF homosexualism is a normal thing then WHY didn't we have a Steve in the deal ?

Just so you's know I'm NOT gay and all you homo lovers can flame on [my fireproof britches are on me]

Old 05-22-2011, 03:32 PM

315 posts, read 366,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Oops! You got me there, Sophiasmommy ... but to quote the poet Walt Whitman: "Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself!"
Who was, fyi, also pretty gay.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:40 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Whenever homosexuals are being discriminated against, a great number of these people would often play the race card comparing their problems to blacks. Why is that?

Of course when they face anti-gay attitudes from any race, they always put their blame on blacks.
Because they were both born that way and are discriminated against for something they cannot control.

The question is... why black people sometimes cannot see the similarities.

I would never wish to have been born black nor born gay because of all the struggles they are faced with. It is a lot more work and a lot harder for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies