Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the free market?
Yes, people should be able to buy and sell sex on the free market 144 90.57%
No, I'm a conservative, but I don't believe in the free market 15 9.43%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 01:36 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
If you believe in the free market, why shouldn't men be able to buy sex? There is obviously a demand for it, why shouldn't the free market be able to address that demand in a responsible fashion? No pimps, no unsafe sex, no trafficking, no underage, etc.

This free market system already works in NV. Why is it banned in all states but NV?

What do conservatives feel about the ban of free market sex trade?
Legalizing prostitution does not eliminate these problems. Even in countries where it is legal, there are big problems with underage and trafficking -- problems that often overlap. Just because it's legal doesn't mean the underworld won't still have its hand in it. While I don't intend any of this to necessarily be a defense of the status quo, it's important to have a realistic picture of both sides of the issue before debating the costs and benefits of each position. Believing legalization will magically eliminate underage prostitution and human trafficking is unrealistic.

As others have intoned, this is not really a partisan issue. For better or worse, there is nearly unanimous agreement on this issue across the American political spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 01:40 AM

1,081 posts, read 915,909 times
You don't pay them for the sex. You pay them to go away afterwards.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:52 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,189,754 times
How many women declare "Not without at least dinner first"? aren't engaging in legal prostitution?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:06 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Reid wants to make prostitution illegal in Nevada, which is one of the reasons he's disliked there.

His victory in November was the fault of the GOP primary voters for picking a nutjob who is one of the few NV political figures even less popular than Reid.
I am one of those primary voters. Angle is not a nut job. Reid's campaign did a good job of brainwashing the voters that she is. Because the people fell for it I am rooting for the economy not to recover here, at least in the next 6 years. I want to see (continued) suffering beyond belief..that's what Nevadan's deserve for voting for Harry Reid.

As for prostitution I am a conservative who believes it should be regulated and legalized everywhere in the U.S. My twist is that I think it will make men more civilized. If every man is able to have regular sex without going through the hoops to impress women it will make men more docile. They won't have to be an alpha or a bad boy any longer. It would shake up the sexual marketplace like nothing we have ever seen.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,195 times
LOL, don't we already!

Seriously though, so long as it is two consenting adults who cares? There are a number of men that unless they win the lottery they have exactly zero chance of getting a date let alone getting laid. Why prevent them from seeking out a professional?

Personally, I'd be grossed out but if it is your only option who am I to say you can't do it?

Even the most overweight, homely, poor and unpleasant woman can find someone to sleep with. It is not the same for men. So long as everyone is being safe and everyone is willing I say it's none of our business.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
OP is a moron

Being against prostitution doesn't mean being against the free market. It could be, oh I don't know, being against human trafficking, particularly minors. It's a pretty big problem in the Netherlands which has a rich history of legal prostitution:

Prostitution in the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

e: If human trafficking could be controlled then yeah I'd be for the legalization of prostitution.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:31 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
LOL, don't we already!

Seriously though, so long as it is two consenting adults who cares? There are a number of men that unless they win the lottery they have exactly zero chance of getting a date let alone getting laid. Why prevent them from seeking out a professional?

Personally, I'd be grossed out but if it is your only option who am I to say you can't do it?

Even the most overweight, homely, poor and unpleasant woman can find someone to sleep with. It is not the same for men. So long as everyone is being safe and everyone is willing I say it's none of our business.
I think this is why most women would be against the idea. It takes away their power to be the judge of which men are worthy or not of having sex.

I would actually prefer the days where things fell into place and just about everyone married young. But we are far from those days and sadly could be beyond the point of no return. Female hypergamy has been a huge trend in recent decades. With marriage reduced to a subculture we have a situation where some men have sex with hundreds of different partners for years on end while other men have no women interested in them. We have an unhealthy quasi-polygamous culture. Legalized prostitution would eaze the situation.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:40 AM

1,081 posts, read 915,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
How about trading orgasms on the futures sexchange in Chicago?
Better be quiet. They might start taxing them.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:43 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I think this is why most women would be against the idea. It takes away their power to be the judge of which men are worthy or not of having sex.

I would actually prefer the days where things fell into place and just about everyone married young. But we are far from those days and sadly could be beyond the point of no return. Female hypergamy has been a huge trend in recent decades. With marriage reduced to a subculture we have a situation where some men have sex with hundreds of different partners for years on end while other men have no women interested in them. We have an unhealthy quasi-polygamous culture. Legalized prostitution would eaze the situation.

I would agree with you that this is the #1 reason women are against prostitution, especially the far left, ultra feminist types. They might not admit it, even to themselves but I believe it to be true.

I can get why a conservative or religious woman would be against it but what other reason would a liberal feminist type have provided that all parties involved we consenting adults operating is safe conditions?

Control of the nookie.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 AM

859 posts, read 2,828,506 times
Hate to be the one that points this out but we as guys know that those of us with wife's and girlfriends and even FWB's are paying for sex everyday. We buy breakfast, groceries, movies, dinner, vacations, cars, cloths, jewelry etc etc. We're paying for it alright. They should legalize prostitution and ban marriage. We'd be better off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies