Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:56 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He must be checking the couch cushions is all I can think of.

Obama: US to provide new aid to Jordan | The Associated Press | World | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/world/2011/05/obama-us-provide-new-aid-jordan?category=18 - broken link)
"A White House transcript on Wednesday of Obama's comments after his meeting with Jordan's king quoted the U.S. president as saying the funding would be channeled through the Overseas Private Investment Corp.

Obama said the funds would "leverage ultimately about $1 billion for economic development in Jordan."

And food of course..has anyone told him of the flooding of US croplands ?
Obama to Unveil New Aid Plan for Mideast - WSJ.com
"The president also pledged 50,000 metric tons of wheat."
How about this: before we raise taxes on the rich, we end this crap, and then talk about raising taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 09:17 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,548,960 times
He finds money for every other Country, but comes up empty handed for the country he is supposed to represent. Wake up folks, the writing is on the wall.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
He finds money for every other Country, but comes up empty handed for the country he is supposed to represent. Wake up folks, the writing is on the wall.
So you were for the stimulus and would support another?

I don't agree with giving more money to other countries, however, I do understand that what comes from this fund has absolutely nothing to do with money distributed in this country, which is doled out, I will remind everyone, only with Congressional approval.

Before people start blaming the President for not distributing money here at home, might be good to remember who is it that is advocating all of the reductions in domestic spending.

Don't tell me this is yet another case of 'be careful what you wish (vote) for'?

I sure wish you all would make up your minds.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:50 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,695,890 times
This is on top of the $1 billion in forgiven debt to Egypt to help them with job creation. What about economic development here?

Old 05-19-2011, 09:58 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
This is on top of the $1 billion in forgiven debt to Egypt to help them with job creation. What about economic development here?
What about it? The newly minted 2010 House, which is where all spending must originate, doesn't think it important that more money is spent here on job training or small business loans or anything else that would help our economy.

Again, I may be confused, but, I thought that was what people wanted when they voted the 'budget-cutters' into office.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:38 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,448,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He must be checking the couch cushions is all I can think of.

Obama: US to provide new aid to Jordan | The Associated Press | World | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/world/2011/05/obama-us-provide-new-aid-jordan?category=18 - broken link)
"A White House transcript on Wednesday of Obama's comments after his meeting with Jordan's king quoted the U.S. president as saying the funding would be channeled through the Overseas Private Investment Corp.

Obama said the funds would "leverage ultimately about $1 billion for economic development in Jordan."

And food of course..has anyone told him of the flooding of US croplands ?
Obama to Unveil New Aid Plan for Mideast - WSJ.com
"The president also pledged 50,000 metric tons of wheat."
He didn't find it. Ben Bernanke is PRINTING it which means that you and I are paying for via inflation (rising costs of food and gas).

I WISH he would limit it to checking couch cushions. There are only so many of those. Ben Bernanke could print an infinite amount of money which means inflation could become nightmarish to put it nicely! Our Government is STEALING FROM US everyone. Write your congressman and senators and tell them to STOP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies