Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:16 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 07:18 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
I wonder if this story is exaggerated. Who stays up for 16 hours talking on a phone? I'm thinking it was on and off for that time frame. In any event, I would've been pissed and told the women to ST*U, too.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:27 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,431 times
That's why when I travel, I always have a valium. From the loud kids on airplanes to the cell phone users, someone may have to be sedated and if it is me, so be it. That said, I did get a free round trip ticket to anywhere in the US and Canada due to an obnoxious fellow plane passenger.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
why does it always seem that the people who are the least likely to considerate and respectful are the first to complain that they've been 'disrespected'?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 AM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Cops kick cellphone blabbermouth off train - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com

It's about time. People no longer have common decency to respect the people that are around them in public. I have been known to tell people to take their cell phones elsewhere while in line at the post office, in a library or movie theater. I wish that people had more common sense.
What a piece of work ... 16 hours of that uncouth, rude loudmouth? They shouldn't have waited for the train to stop before throwing her off And of course ... she's the one that feels "disrespected".

This whole cell phone thing has gotten way out of control .... people blabbering on at such high volumes ... people driving down the road at half the speed limit totally immersed in conversation .... mindless drones texting everywhere .... I've had to say "hey ... you ... out of the way" twice in the last month just in the grocery store to numskulls standing/blocking an area of products ... head down ... texting away, totally oblivious to my presence right in front of them.

Now, the bad news .... cell phone etiquette is probably #37 on the list of annoying things people do.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
It's a shame the Police don't have a device that could zap them through their phone.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 AM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Okay, so now it is the fault of cell phone charging systems.
No ... it was simply the answer to the question "what type of cell phone has a 16 hour talk time" ...

But if you wanted to "read" between the lines of my response, it could also be seen as a polite, subtle suggestion that one might ought to read the subject article of a post before choosing to discus the topic.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No ... it was simply the answer to the question "what type of cell phone has a 16 hour talk time" ...

But if you wanted to "read" between the lines of my response, it could also be seen as a polite, subtle suggestion that one might ought to read the subject article of a post before choosing to discus the topic.
There was only one line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
If you read the article ....

Beard's rudeness wasn't accommodated by some unknown super phone, but by Amtrak's handy cellphone charging stations.
In other words, it was the charging stations provided by Amtrak that "accommodated" the rudeness. I'm not blaming you, but the article for assuming such rudeness wouldn't exist without chargers.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:51 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Disrespect is a word that is often over used by those who do not even know the meaning of respect.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
She should have been shown the door much sooner...

This is one of the reasons why I tend to fly more often, instead of taking Amtrak; and if I do take the train, I always ask if there's a "quiet car".
I have taken Amtrak on four cross-country trips ( pre-cell phone days), but I refuse to do this again. I just can't put up with the cell-phone nonsense any more.

Plane travel has its problems at times, but at least you can enjoy the SILENCE while flying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies