Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,019,830 times

Advertisements

Yep, offering the Muslim Brotherhood currently running Egypt debt relief. Unflipping believable!

Apparently Obama hasn't noticed the US is already way in debt and is getting no relief.

Obama to offer debt relief to Egypt in Mideast speech | Reuters

Quote:
Senior advisers to Obama, previewing parts of his speech, said Wednesday the United States would offer debt relief totaling roughly $1 billion "over a few years" to Egypt through a debt swap mechanism that would invest the money to boost youth employment and support entrepreneurs.

Washington would also loan or guarantee loans up to a total of $1 billion through the Overseas Private Investment Corp (OPIC) for Egypt to finance infrastructure development and boost jobs, the officials told reporters on a conference call.

Several billion dollars in additional financing would come from multilateral development banks as well.
Spendthrift-in-Chief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,482,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yep, offering the Muslim Brotherhood currently running Egypt debt relief. Unflipping believable!

Apparently Obama hasn't noticed the US is already way in debt and is getting no relief.

Obama to offer debt relief to Egypt in Mideast speech | Reuters

Spendthrift-in-Chief
He may like the fact that they are against Christians.

Anti-Christian violence sparks fears of rising Salafi influenceAnti-Christian violence sparks fears of rising Salafi influence - EGYPT - FRANCE 24

Obama Should Condemn Anti-Christian Violence in Egypthttp://frontpagemag.com/2011/05/13/obama-should-condemn-anti-christian-violence-in-egypt/

In the aftermath of a Christmas season filled with anti-Christian violence in Nigeria, Iraq, and Egypt, Christian leaders around the world have called for prayers for those undergoing persecution, and have also called upon the governments that have thus far proven impotent to stop such attacks to step up to their responsibility to protect their citizens. Though Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak tried to claim in the aftermath of the detonation of a car bomb outside a church in Alexandria that “all Egypt is the target” of such jihadist terrorism, such claims ring hollow with the Coptic Church, which has suffered widespread persecution, especially when there are claims that Egyptian security forces (which are supposed to prevent such violence) withdrew from protecting the church shortly before the bomb was detonated.
The bombing in Alexandria was not the end of jihadist terrorism; now an Egyptian police officer has gone on an anti-Christian shooting spree.
Anti-Christian Violence Continues in Egypt (http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-mainmenu-26/africa-mainmenu-27/5898-anti-christian-violence-continues-in-egypt - broken link)

Old 05-19-2011, 11:14 AM

Oh and Thanks for posting this!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:15 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,709,488 times
Oops. I didn't see this thread before I posted mine.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:20 AM

48,502 posts, read 97,039,291 times
I think he is seeing that egypt is not coming out as many liberals expected and is sweeting the pot so to speak. I really doubt it will work as Idealogy and the power it provides those groups is too strong.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 AM

28,984 posts, read 30,380,533 times
This guy is making it on my top ten list....!!!! grrrrrrr

they just had a show on TV the other night, showing how much Egypt hates us...

Now maybe they'll feel better about us, right?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:23 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,709,488 times
Obama should be fixing our own economy first before relieving $1 billion dollars in debt AND providing another billion in loan.

I didn't vote for him and he will not get my vote in 2012 either.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 AM

45,766 posts, read 27,396,478 times
Transcript of speech here.

Text of the President’s Middle East Speech

Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think he is seeing that egypt is not coming out as many liberals expected and is sweeting the pot so to speak. I really doubt it will work as Idealogy and the power it provides those groups is too strong.
We have no money

But this is the Rich Liberals solution throw others people money at the problem and it will go away!
Screw the fact that they are killing Christians. Now if they were killing any other religion there would be a problem.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,285,750 times
This is freaky.

And what did I hear about us giving Jordon $800 Million to help unemployment plus a bunch of Wheat? Anybody hear about this?

Why? Did the W.H. forget that the U.S. has 1 in 6 people on food stamps? Unemployment skyhigh? Flooding? Tornadoes? Unprotected Borders? And we've just punched through the debt ceiling?

I don't think we'd see these kind of choices with Ron Paul as President!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies