Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

That is supposed to make it all better, a partial state-wide waiver???

We know it's a partial waiver, we can read you know. The point is that Pelosi and Reid pushed this 0bamaCare down our throats, using every dirty trick in the book, and now they want waivers for their cronies to ignore it's detrimental and destructive effects!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 10:01 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
I only read two of your links, the Las Vegas Sun and the al Times but found many things in them that don't seem to be what you wanted us to see. Actually I know that they both know that favoritism has been showed from the HHS all along. Why was Nevada the first of the five states that NYT listed as asking to be exempted to get it done?

To add to what I said about Nevada is there any answer in Demdom concerning how many states would have to have help for their insurance companies if people were allowed to buy outside their state? It appears to me that the Republicans may well have been right asking for the crossing of state lines to buy health insurance. Really something has a smell of rotten fish here.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I only read two of your links, the Las Vegas Sun and the al Times but found many things in them that don't seem to be what you wanted us to see. Actually I know that they both know that favoritism has been showed from the HHS all along. Why was Nevada the first of the five states that NYT listed as asking to be exempted to get it done?

To add to what I said about Nevada is there any answer in Demdom concerning how many states would have to have help for their insurance companies if people were allowed to buy outside their state? It appears to me that the Republicans may well have been right asking for the crossing of state lines to buy health insurance. Really something has a smell of rotten fish here.
Cronyism, and pay-to-play, baby, its the new excepted norm by democrats in the era of 0bama.

Even if 100% of all unions and only blue states were given 0bamaCare waivers, the 0bama sycophants would not see anything nefarious or illegal going on.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
It is really exciting to have a prog finally get into the thread and with such an enlightened reply at that!!! Is that the best you could find with all the good posts you could have replied to?
You're going on ignore. I'm tired of your little barbs and personal attacks.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

My point was that the MSM is covering this issue, and covering both sides.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Two of the people who pushed 0bamaCare, with bribes, kickbacks, exclusions, secret, closed door meetings, and rammed it down the throats of the nation................ and they get compliance waivers from the same legislation?????

Of the 204 new Obamacare waivers President Barack Obama’s administration approved in April, 38 are for fancy eateries, hip nightclubs and decadent hotels in House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s Northern California district.That’s in addition to the 27 new waivers for health care or drug companies and the 31 new union waivers Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services approved.

Pelosi’s district secured almost 20 percent of the latest issuance of waivers nationwide, and the companies that won them didn’t have much in common with companies throughout the rest of the country that have received Obamacare waivers.

Nancy Pelosi's district Claims 20% of All Waivers

The Health and Human Services Department announced late Friday that Nevada had secured a statewide waiver from certain implementation requirements of the Obama administration's health care law, because forcing them through, the department found, "may lead to the destabilization of the individual market."

ENTIRE State of Nevada Scores Obamacare Waiver - Obamacare Waivers - Fox Nation

I guess everyone gets something, 0bama got 31 new union waivers. I think 0bama, Pelosi and Reid are competing to see which of their constituents gets the most waivers FROM 0bamaCare.

The hypocrisy of liberalism. I guess if Obamacare was so great, Pelosi and Reid would be granting NO WAIVERS for thier constituents. Given thier behavior, it shows quite clearly that they beleive personally that Obamacare is not an effective means of delivering healthcare in the US.

Watch what people do, not what they say. Do liberals ever practice what they preach?

Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
If 0bamaCare is supposed to reduce insurance and medical costs, why do we need thousands of waivers? And why are so many going to Pelosi, Reid and 0bama's union buddies and campaign donors? Are these waivers a way for democrats to drum up campaign donations???

Wielding Waivers as Weapons

On May 13, the Obama administration announced the approval of 204 new waivers from compliance with the PPAA (Obamacare). That brings to 1,372 the number of waivers HHS has granted in the 14 months since the law's passage.

How many people have applied and been denied a waiver, and for what reason? For that matter, why are 20% of the waivers in one congressional district?? I smell foul play here.

But while the identities of those who have received waivers have been disclosed, the administration has so far declined to reveal the names of those whose waiver requests were denied. Nor has HHS explained its criteria.

There are rumblings of suspicion that HHS has shown favoritism -- labor unions have received some 26 percent of waivers while comprising only 12 percent of workers.

A lot of power, to decide our fate, is being accorded to unelected bureaucrats in the executive branch. Think of the power the Health and Human Services Secretarty has been given:

In at least 700 separate instances, the legislation says that the Secretary of Health and Human Services "shall have discretion" to make rules implementing the law's often vague requirements.

These executives branch departments have turned into a fourth branch of government, and they have the power to write laws and regulations and enforce them. With 0bamaCare, the HHS has also been given the power to tax and punish anyone the HHS deems worthy of her scorn.

I don't care if you like universal health care or not, this 0bamaCare legislation very poorly written, gives too much power to unelected people, and is going to ruin this country.
EXCELLENT POST!!! IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!!! WHY AREN'T THEY BEING ASKED DAILY BY THE MEDIA???

We Need Ron Paul in 2112!!! The only REAL CANDIDATE!

Old 05-19-2011, 12:52 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Two of the people who pushed 0bamaCare, with bribes, kickbacks, exclusions, secret, closed door meetings, and rammed it down the throats of the nation................ and they get compliance waivers from the same legislation?????

Of the 204 new Obamacare waivers President Barack Obama’s administration approved in April, 38 are for fancy eateries, hip nightclubs and decadent hotels in House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s Northern California district.That’s in addition to the 27 new waivers for health care or drug companies and the 31 new union waivers Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services approved.

Pelosi’s district secured almost 20 percent of the latest issuance of waivers nationwide, and the companies that won them didn’t have much in common with companies throughout the rest of the country that have received Obamacare waivers.

Nancy Pelosi's district Claims 20% of All Waivers

The Health and Human Services Department announced late Friday that Nevada had secured a statewide waiver from certain implementation requirements of the Obama administration's health care law, because forcing them through, the department found, "may lead to the destabilization of the individual market."

ENTIRE State of Nevada Scores Obamacare Waiver - Obamacare Waivers - Fox Nation

I guess everyone gets something, 0bama got 31 new union waivers. I think 0bama, Pelosi and Reid are competing to see which of their constituents gets the most waivers FROM 0bamaCare.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:09 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My point was that the MSM is covering this issue, and covering both sides.
Your links were two months old, and did not mention Pelosi and Reid's particularly offensive allocation of waivers.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Your links were two months old, and did not mention Pelosi and Reid's particularly offensive allocation of waivers.
Of course not, it is called diversion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies