Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Perhaps I did. Do you have a link?

(The MB does not run Egypt, btw.)
Only a matter of time........... Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood poised to prosper in post-Mubarak new era | World news | The Guardian

There are threads on Obama's promises of $billions to Egypt, Tunisia and Jordan late yesterday here on CD. Use the Search function.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 02:43 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
It is the end of Obama IMO.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:45 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not at all, I think it's time to face the fact the US will not be the catalyst for peace in the region, time we take care of the homefront.
So are you in favor of withdrawing all the $$$$$ support to the ME?

Old 05-19-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Only a matter of time........... Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood poised to prosper in post-Mubarak new era | World news | The Guardian

There are threads on Obama's promises of $billions to Egypt, Tunisia and Jordan late yesterday here on CD. Use the Search function.
Here's a couple I found:

First Read - Obama announces economic aid to Jordan

Obama to offer debt relief to Egypt in Mideast speech - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110519/wl_nm/us_obama_mideast_aid - broken link)

Old 05-19-2011, 02:49 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Jews and Arabs with guns = death.
I suggest Obama and the united states just let them do what they enjoy doing it appears peace is something they will never understand.

Let them figure it out not more weapons, food and money its time they defended themselves and do what any sovereign nation should do it protect it's self from aggressors.
Civil war, full on war whatever, stop wasting our money and arming the enemy.
You know so little . Its shocking that people want to show off ignorance .
Look at the waterway , do we need it ? Who is guarding it ? Just for starters.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hopefully Congress will put the kibosh on that plan.
You mean Congress still has a say in these things? I thought Obama uses the Easy Pass lane.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Did our policy in the 50 preceding years accomplish a lot?
Yes our planes fly over and our ship refuel , safely in only one port, Israel.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
IDK. He seems to be working at lightening speed to make his Czar like decisions to destroy everything familiar to America in his path. Hopefully, Israel will dodge him.
I think the Obama family should vacation in wonderful Palestine .

Old 05-19-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
I think the Obama family should vacation in wonderful Palestine .
Followed by a Somalian Coastal Cruise & Mexican Border Town Tour.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Allen West thinks Obama's backing of Palestine could signal the beginning of the end for Israel. Is this possible? What are we doing? I find myself cringing when I hear Obama say, "The United States thinks/wants/backs..." This doesn't sound like my country anymore.

Allen West on Obama Backing Palestine: ‘Could Be the Beginning of the End’ for Israel | The Blaze

Anybody sincerely think Obama's plan is really a feasible one? Anyone care to share what is in their crystal ball? I fear for Israel.
Based on beliefs, I would be inclined to say we (America) is done as a nation. If Israel truly gets divided, God will split this nation in half just like it. I guarantee it. It's going to happen by way of the New Madrid fault line. I urge anyone to read up on visions and dreams of the New Madrid fault line erupting and splitting the U.S. in half. MANY people have had this same dream. And I'm telling you. When Israel gets divided, we will too. We have a covenant with Israel that was NEVER suppose to be broken. We were suppose to stand by them because God said he will bless the nations that bless Israel and curse the ones that curse Israel. So be prepared. Start stocking up on food, canned food, and water. There's about to be a major earthquake to strike that will most likely kill loads of people like we have never seen before. I just hope and pray anyone who doesn't know the Lord repents and turns to him before then. Lots of people are going to be entering into eternity soon. And I'm not excluding myself because I live in Texas. Many places are going to be judged. Make sure you have the Lord on your side because you never know when your time is going to be up. God bless.

BTW, I'm a conservative republican that has never had anything against Obama. I respected him as my president and never spoke disrespectfully about him. I actually supported his family and supported his intentions for the country. But I always thought he was a talker and not enough of a do-er. Anyway, I have to say, based on my beliefs and the God that watches over me, I cannot support him anymore. I cannot support a president that supports the dividing of Israel. That's where I completely draw the line. I always backed out talking out against Obama for fear of backlash from the black community. I'm african-american and most others I know are die-hard Obama supporters. I have already been called a "sell-out" at 15 years old a few years ago before he got in Office by my harcore Obama fan democrat mother. But now, I'm just speechless about this recent decision. I'm done with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies