Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Looks like a couple of home made Claymore mines on the porch might be a solution. At least the survivors wouldn't bunch up so much.

This, and many other police departments, need some proper training on serving warrents. Demanding papers and kicking in doors is straight out of Nazi Germany. Better we have drugs and terorists than this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 01:59 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Looks like a couple of home made Claymore mines on the porch might be a solution. At least the survivors wouldn't bunch up so much.

This, and many other police departments, need some proper training on serving warrents. Demanding papers and kicking in doors is straight out of Nazi Germany. Better we have drugs and terorists than this.
I was thinking: cannon behind the front door, floor that drops into a spiked pit when they step on it. Might slow them down a bit.

I understand drug use per capita is higher now than when any drug could be bought over the counter...

Old 05-20-2011, 02:23 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The big dirty secret here is the reason why there's so many "home invasions" in Tucson is because of the Mexican drug mafia that Arizona's trying to control with more aggressive anti-illegal measures. And the white gay liberals scream 'racism' without understanding at all what a war zone Arizona has turned into because of the cartel and the government refusing to protect its own border.
Excellent points, Renault.

I have a feeling there is much more to this story than the "lopsided" media has been reporting up until now.

Since when have SWAT Teams chosen to storm the homes of innocent law abiding citizens? Also, why was this peace loving citizen armed to the teeth?

It is now being confirmed the SWAT Team was armed with proper search / arrest warrants for Jose Guerena.

I find it extremely disturbing and disgusting so many on here are quick to slam the very individuals who put their lives on the line on a daily basis to protect us.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:28 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
I am at a loss for words.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:35 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Impossible. I'm reliably informed that the armed citizenry of the US is a guarantee against government officials kicking in your door in the middle of the night.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:42 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Since when have SWAT Teams chosen to storm the homes of innocent law abiding citizens?

Here you go: Kathryn Johnston shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Also, why was this peace loving citizen armed to the teeth?

Because it's his right.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:46 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes, but my point: he was probably dead when he hit the floor, with sixty gunshot wounds. There was nothing to work on.
I would have thought so too but his wife says she still heard him moaning as they took her out of the house. So, he was alive for at least some time after the shooting.
I can't understand why police are allowed to keep paramedics out for even 1 minute once the area has been cleared (a process they do very quickly as they sweep each room of the house). I think they wanted him dead so that he couldn't tell his side of the story in court. They already changed their story once saying first that he fired and then correcting it once someone noticed the safety was still on on his gun.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:51 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
I hope every drug warrior (and there are plenty on C-D) reads this. This Marine was one of the millions of victims of the "war" on drugs. It's time we end that stupid, expensive, Un-Consititutional "war."

Old 05-20-2011, 02:51 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Something isn't right here. When police raid a house, they announce themselves before breaking the door down. Why was this guy holding a weapon aimed at them? Don't you think that is what caused him to be shot? Usually aiming a weapon at police will net that result.
Ever hear of a no-knock warrant? I'm guessing this was one. As to why he was holding a weapon aimed at the people who didn't knock, but broke the door down and swarmed into his house unexpectedly, I can't imagine.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:30 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

I find it extremely disturbing and disgusting so many on here are quick to slam the very individuals who put their lives on the line on a daily basis to protect us.
Yeah, they protected his life real well that night. I have no respect for murderers even if they are badged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies