Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times

Advertisements

^^^^^

I missed it, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Where do you see people "finding excuses" for her abusers? Did I miss something?
By agreeing with those who made her, the underage VICTIM, write an apology letter puts you on his side. He took advantage of a young girl. He KNEW better but did it anyway. A Father, A husband, AN ADULT. Gross. Totally his fault, even IF she pursued him, he KNEW it was wrong. Anyone who blames her for this is a misogynistic PIG. She may be a **** or an angel, doesnt matter... He was the adult- a grown MAN. No excuse. Wrong wrong wrong. I'd cut his balls off if it was my daughter.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
I know Gays who have great grandchildren and loving large families. They are excellent members of society and deserve the same rights. How is this taking away from heteros marriage?? It's not. Watch:

YouTube - ‪Zach Wahls Speaks About Family‬‏

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
They see the heterosexual family as the basis of a sound society and that government has a legitimate interest in promoting what benefits society as a whole.

Heterosexual families grow into large, extended families with mothers, fathers, children, grandchildren, cousins, aunts and uncles and form an important part of the foundation of a strong society and nation.

They see the push for same-sex marriage as being more about the financial perks and bennies than about "equality" i.e. gays want to share in the financial benefits.

They see no need to change something that has served civilization well for millennia.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:53 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Gays believe that they should have the right to marry someone of their own sex and that the law should be changed to accommodate them.

(I can't believe I had to spell it out for someone--the answer is as obvious as a fly on your nose.)
It appears you have the government and the church all mixed together. I don't want the government making those decisions for people nor do I need the Taliban to do it

Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
By agreeing with those who made her, the underage VICTIM, write an apology letter puts you on his side. He took advantage of a young girl. He KNEW better but did it anyway. A Father, A husband, AN ADULT. Gross. Totally his fault, even IF she pursued him, he KNEW it was wrong. Anyone who blames her for this is a misogynistic PIG. She may be a **** or an angel, doesnt matter... He was the adult- a grown MAN. No excuse. Wrong wrong wrong. I'd cut his balls off if it was my daughter.
My question was meant as where have people on this board made excuses, not the church. I've seen everyone appalled, I've yet to see someone side with the church or the rapist.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It appears you have the government and the church all mixed together. I don't want the government making those decisions for people nor do I need the Taliban to do it
If you think I was mixing the church into my answer, you are totally wrong.

As for the government making "those decisions"......they already do. They are the final arbiter in who is "married" and who is not,

Old 05-23-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I know Gays who have great grandchildren and loving large families. They are excellent members of society and deserve the same rights. How is this taking away from heteros marriage?? It's not. Watch:

YouTube - ‪Zach Wahls Speaks About Family‬‏

I have no problem with gay people raising children and I never said I did. You asked for "concrete reasons" why some people oppose gay marriage other than for religious reasons. I gave you some of their reasons. End of discussion.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:44 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Default Man guilty of raping teen church member

"Their church had forced her to apologize to congregation; pastor helped move her away"

Man guilty of raping teen church member - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Old 05-27-2011, 06:46 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Do this a couple thousand more times and this pastor's in line for being Pope.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:49 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Gotta love those Christians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies