Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:31 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
1997? Well, there you have it. Fourteen years ago, one incident in one rogue church was unearthed and is now being prosecuted. Yeah, real similar to sanctioned, religious laws that call for stonings, amputations, death etc. in similar situations. Guess you proved how the Christian religion is the same as the Muslim Religion.

BTW, hope the girl/woman has been able to move forward and justice will prevail.
Oh it's not just one case.

There have been many. Many which will never see the light of a court date.

Are all Christians like this? Of course not.

But sterotypes and broad generalizations are always valid when Christians are holding the brush.

Interesting how they protest when someone else is brushing the canvas.

Last edited by NMyTree; 05-20-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Broud? Wasn't he the rapist character in Clan of the Cave Bear?
I read that book.. but can't remember the characters other than Ayla

Old 05-20-2011, 11:33 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,272,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Oh it's not just one case.

There have been many. Many which will never see the light of a court date.

Are all Christians like this? Of course not.

But sterotypes and broad generalizations are always valid when Christians are holdign the brush.

Interesting how they protest when someone else is brushing the canvas.
Care to give some links? Or are we just supposed to have "faith" that your word is correct?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 AM

8,514 posts, read 4,492,508 times
I'm disgusted with the girl's parents. Where were they?
Apparently their "faith" was more important than their own daughter. Most parents would have a hard time not ripping the rapist apart.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:37 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
1997? Well, there you have it. Fourteen years ago, one incident in one rogue church was unearthed and is now being prosecuted. Yeah, real similar to sanctioned, religious laws that call for stonings, amputations, death etc. in similar situations. Guess you proved how the Christian religion is the same as the Muslim Religion.

BTW, hope the girl/woman has been able to move forward and justice will prevail.

I know, the Christaphobes find the religious equivalent of a four leaf clover and then proclaim Christianity as bad as Islam. Moral equivalence! Never mind that Islam calls for lashing, stoning, humiliating, and murdering the rape victim as a matter of religious law.

One thing is not like the other . . . can you find the difference?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:38 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Teen girl was raped, impregnated by fellow church-member & then forced to apologize: prosecution

So here you have it, Christians behaving like Muslims. Back in 1997, this girl gets raped (at the very least it's Statutory Rape) by a 38 year old married man, then, this wonderful group of loving, rational religious people; this congregation condemn the 15 year old girl and force her to read a wriiten apology for having sex with a 38 year old married man.

Now, I have always stated that Muslims are much more barbaric, vicious and delusional than Christians. But Christians aren't exactly out of the woods. Christians still have a long way to go before they can proudly proclaim to be mofre civilized, rational and humane than Muslims.
We don't know if it was consensual or not, thats what the now 52 year old man is saying.

HOWEVER......

For having sex with a 15 year old girl when he was 30's is indefensible.

All Christians should stand up and wholeheartedly speak up against this kind of abuse.

15 year olds can't legally consent in New Hampshire.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We don't know if it was consensual or not, thats what the now 52 year old man is saying..
Hence the reason I inculded this in my post...

" (at the very least it's Statutory Rape) "

Get it?

Old 05-20-2011, 12:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Hence the reason I inculded this in my post...

" (at the very least it's Statutory Rape) "

Get it?
Oh I agree, hence in my post

"15 year olds can't consent"

Old 05-20-2011, 12:48 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
The only thing that surprises me about this story is that it happened in NH. That kind of sick behavior is pretty common among Southern "christians".

That is a very biased statement and a reflection of a sick mind.

I doubt that you have any evidence that this is "common behavior among Southern Christians."

Old 05-20-2011, 01:00 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
now how many of you who say "OMG THATS SUCH A BROAD BRUSH" also paint Muslims with the "most of 'em are trouble" brush?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies