Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyogelvie View Post
that's an awful BROAD brush your painting with!
About as broad as a brush as people who say all muslims are terrorists for violent or "stone people".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 01:10 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That is a very biased statement and a reflection of a sick mind.

I doubt that you have any evidence that this is "common behavior among Southern Christians."
15 years in the ass backwards south is all the evidence I need! I see nasty, hypocritical "christians" on a daily basis here. It's a way of life for most, unfortunately. I'm actually hard pressed to even think of more than one of my friends who truly lives what she believes.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:43 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyogelvie View Post
I read that book.. but can't remember the characters other than Ayla
Okay, going way off topic here, but have you read any of the other six books in the series?

To bring it back to the topic of rape, in that book it wasn't looked at as 'wrong' for either party because they didn't think sex had anything to do with pregnancy. (babies were 'gift' to the woman from the gods.) And in the Clan, all females were the 'property' of all the males. So, though Broud had a mate, it was perfectly 'acceptable' for him to 'take' any female for himself, especially after he became leader of the Clan. And, of course, Ayla was eventually ejected from the Clan because Broud simply hated her. The second book tells of her life alone for several years.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:45 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
now how many of you who say "OMG THATS SUCH A BROAD BRUSH" also paint Muslims with the "most of 'em are trouble" brush?
Guilty

not the American mulsims as much as the middle eastern muslims...

Old 05-20-2011, 01:50 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
15 years in the ass backwards south is all the evidence I need! I see nasty, hypocritical "christians" on a daily basis here. It's a way of life for most, unfortunately. I'm actually hard pressed to even think of more than one of my friends who truly lives what she believes.
I know exactly what you mean. These people prefer the Old Testament to the teachings of Christ, and the OT calls for stoning rape victims...no different than the Qu'ran. The message of love, acceptance and compassion that Jesus taught is ignored in favor of narrow-minded and violent passages from the OT. Jesus said, "In the end days there will be those who say, 'Lord, didn't I do this in your name, and didn't I do that in your name?' and I will say, 'Get thee hence; I know thee not.'" Maybe some of the good Christians who victimized this woman yet again will get a surprise when they die.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:17 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
now how many of you who say "OMG THATS SUCH A BROAD BRUSH" also paint Muslims with the "most of 'em are trouble" brush?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
About as broad as a brush as people who say all muslims are terrorists for violent or "stone people".
Well, let's look at the differences.
Christians immediately and unequivocally condemn this action. No one here has offered support for it. No one is citing scripture that supports it. Muslims have ample examples of their prophet doing the same beheadings and killings that Muslims do today and they use those examples to support what they do. Lastly, as others have pointed out, the girl is still alive. She'd he a head shorter in Muslim countries --either that or in prison. Many women in Saudi Arabia are in prison because they were raped and dared to report it without the required 4 witnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Jesus said, "In the end days there will be those who say, 'Lord, didn't I do this in your name, and didn't I do that in your name?' and I will say, 'Get thee hence; I know thee not.'" Maybe some of the good Christians who victimized this woman yet again will get a surprise when they die.
I think line relfects exactly Muslim mentality today. They believe they are doing what God (Allah) wants them to. They expect Jesus (whom they consider to be a prophet and not Son of God) to return and "break the cross" and kill all of the Christians and Jews who do not become Muslims.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
"Christians don't respect the rights of women! It's time to declare a war on Christian nations!" That would be the response if this story was about Muslims.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
"Christians don't respect the rights of women! It's time to declare a war on Christian nations!" That would be the response if this story was about Muslims.

Now, ain't that the truth?

Old 05-20-2011, 03:38 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
There are good people everywhere; there are evil people everywhere--both inside and outside of religious institutions. That there are many more, in sheer numbers and on a percentage basis, who practice evil--and on a larger scale--in the name of Allah that those who practice evil under cover of Christianity is hardly arguable.

We hear frequently about female teachers who have sex with their very willing teenage male students (who are almost never harmed by it and who will remember it fondly when they are in their middle years) but only rarely do we hear about the opposite, and much more common, combination--male teacher and female student which is virtually always far more devastating than the former. Yet, let just one episode of abuse occur that involves a Christian authority figure and a young girl, and it is seized upon as evidence that Christianity is riddled with evil-doers.

I call it the "fart just one time" syndrome.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:45 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
I can't base too much on that story, it happened a long time ago each side had their own story of what happened, if the guy did it then I hope he gets what he deserves, i don't see how Christians are all to blame for a few peoples actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies