Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 10:40 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I don't think anyone on C-D has suggested the removal of Israel...
because there is NO basis or reason to even consider that direction of thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 10:42 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
because there is NO basis or reason to even consider that direction of thought
post + username

Old 05-21-2011, 10:44 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I don't think anyone on C-D has suggested the removal of Israel...
I wouldn't mind if it "disappeared". At least this part of the Middle East would then cease being in the news like it has been for every day of the last half century. I for one am sick of hearing about it. I don't care about their problems. Israel could pack up and move someplace else where its neighbors would be nicer. The world is a big place. Then they could visit their holy sites on vacation just like everyone else.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:35 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I wouldn't mind if it "disappeared". At least this part of the Middle East would then cease being in the news like it has been for every day of the last half century. I for one am sick of hearing about it. I don't care about their problems. Israel could pack up and move someplace else where its neighbors would be nicer. The world is a big place. Then they could visit their holy sites on vacation just like everyone else.
"Disappearing" nations in order to assure peace of mind in other countries. That's the way to solve a dilemma.

(The only problem is, there might be other people out there in the world who'd like it if the United States "disappeared." I'm sure they're thoroughly sick of hearing about us! Even right here inside "our" borders, I'll bet you could find a couple of Native Americans who wouldn't mind at all if everyone else picked up and went somewhere else. We could visit the Grand Canyon or the Washington Monument as tourists too.)

Old 05-21-2011, 04:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So????? The point here is what exactly?
Casper
I think the point is to show that the majority of the American people ARE concerned with the safety of Israel in spite of all the propaganda that tells a different "fairy tale".

These pro-Palestinian (anti-Jew) folks actually believe that the UN will wave a magic wand and grant the "right of return" to Arabs and sanction Jews and Israel. These same folks never have a word to say about all the Arab countries that keep the poor Palestinians in camps that make Gaza look like a garden spot.

"Never Again" means something to most folks - it's dead serious in the tiny country of Israel that has been fighting for it's life on an almost daily basis since before it was even Mandated and formed.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:42 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
When one of the top selling books in the Palestinian areas is Mein Kampf, there will be problems.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:46 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
WTF is wrong with the other 29%?

That is the question.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:50 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Wow, you just don't even know the basics in order to have an intelligent conversation about this topic, do you?

Whenever Muslims have controlled holy sites, they have refused to allow Jews to visit them. And that's just referring to the holy sites the Muslims have not viciously desecrated or destroyed outright.

If you're sick of hearing about it, go play a video game or check your Facebook page to see if you have any friends. No one says you have to watch the news (and I suspect you don't actually watch the news anyway because if you did, you'd know the basics about the history of the region). So this sounds a tad like "phony outrage" to me.

As for Israel packing up and moving somewhere else, how about you just go home to a different house on your way back from work at the end of the day? I'm sure the spouse there is better looking and the kids smarter anyway. Who cares if they aren't really YOUR spouse and kids and house, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies