Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I did post it awhile back and it is coming to light now with the states.

Modern American life.......not for the people over 70-80-90 they do not all adapt themselves to modern technology and should not be forced to.

If you are not aware of anyone not having a DL or state issued ID you are only fooling yourself.
Everyone needs ID. Plain and simple. How does anyone cash checks or get direct deposit without ID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh boy, are you purposely being dense to squeeze this issue into your agenda box? When you register to vote you have to show your PHOTO ID in MOST places. That is step 1. Just becuase you are registered does NOT mean it is YOU that is showing up at the polls to vote. Why is it that Liberals and Progressives like to try and deny that voter registration fraud is the first step in actual voter fraud and not showing ID is how they do it? Why???
Why is it that certain cons like to accuse everyone else of having an "agenda"? My "agenda" is making it simple for people to vote. That doesn't mean I support fraud. I do not, however, support turning polling places into little police states.

Quote:
Everyone needs ID. Plain and simple. How does anyone cash checks or get direct deposit without ID?
To get direct deposit, you give your employer a voided check. You don't need ID at an ATM.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
This does affect our seniors as well as plenty of US citizens, not everyone has a drivers license or state issued ID card, what is everyone supposed to do? run out and buy an ID card, all the seniors that don't have them, this is just some more trouble the GOP is causing, they clearly don't want people to vote, this concerns all voters no matter what party. So anyone out there I'd let your parents know and children who can vote to go get a state issued ID card to vote, I'm all for proving citizenship, it isn't just about the illegals. I wrote this in the past, now down the road your parents will not be able to vote unless they have the state issued ID card.
again & again

Voting rights advocates note that there are large numbers of people who do not have the state-issued photo ID the bill requires. According to a recent University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study, those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one under the new Voter ID bill include:
* 23 percent of Wisconsinites over the age of 65.
* 17 percent of white men and women.
* 55 percent of African American males and 49 percent of African American women.
* 46 percent of Hispanic men and 53 percent of Hispanic women.
* 78 percent of African American males age 18-24 and 66 percent of African American women age 18-24.

What would this add up to with the whole country?

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Wisconsin voter ID bill slammed as vote suppression » peoplesworld

http://fairelectionsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-voter-id-update-wi-fl-rachel.html
When Jimmy Carter endorsed a Voter ID requirement in 2005 I guess he was a covert Republican.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why is it that certain cons like to accuse everyone else of having an "agenda"? My "agenda" is making it simple for people to vote. That doesn't mean I support fraud. I do not, however, support turning polling places into little police states.

To get direct deposit, you give your employer a voided check. You don't need ID at an ATM.
You are regurgitating your partisan talking points is all you are doing. Anyone who opposes this is only for one reason only. FRAUD!

Also, in order to have a voided check you need a checking account. How do you get one of those again? Oh, that's right, you need a FREAKING PHOTO ID!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
You are regurgitating your partisan talking points is all you are doing. Anyone who opposes this is only for one reason only. FRAUD!

Also, in order to have a voided check you need a checking account. How do you get one of those again? Oh, that's right, you need a FREAKING PHOTO ID!
Our esteemed authority on everything, pghquest, says you've needed a photo ID since 2001 to get a checking account. I've had my account since 1982, long before that was required.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
This does affect our seniors as well as plenty of US citizens, not everyone has a drivers license or state issued ID card, what is everyone supposed to do? run out and buy an ID card, all the seniors that don't have them, this is just some more trouble the GOP is causing, they clearly don't want people to vote, this concerns all voters no matter what party. So anyone out there I'd let your parents know and children who can vote to go get a state issued ID card to vote, I'm all for proving citizenship, it isn't just about the illegals. I wrote this in the past, now down the road your parents will not be able to vote unless they have the state issued ID card.
again & again

Voting rights advocates note that there are large numbers of people who do not have the state-issued photo ID the bill requires. According to a recent University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study, those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one under the new Voter ID bill include:
* 23 percent of Wisconsinites over the age of 65.
* 17 percent of white men and women.
* 55 percent of African American males and 49 percent of African American women.
* 46 percent of Hispanic men and 53 percent of Hispanic women.
* 78 percent of African American males age 18-24 and 66 percent of African American women age 18-24.

What would this add up to with the whole country?

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Wisconsin voter ID bill slammed as vote suppression » peoplesworld

http://fairelectionsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-voter-id-update-wi-fl-rachel.html
Every time I vote on Saturday because I hate long lines, and every time they ask me for my ID.

BTW, how did senior citizens cash their SS checks w/o an ID card? You cannot even get a video rental membership, open a bank or checking account, get a job, rent an apartment, sign a contract for cable TV or telephone company etc.... w/o an ID card.

So you are telling me, all those people, you listed as statistics above, don't cash checks, have a job, rent videos, rent an apartment, own a cell phone, watch cable TV or have a bank account?

Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Our esteemed authority on everything, pghquest, says you've needed a photo ID since 2001 to get a checking account. I've had my account since 1982, long before that was required.
So you need an ID card to open an account now? Guess what, this is what we call progress, things change; now you need an ID card to vote too. I thought the left were fond of referring to themselves as progressives.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Actually it wasnt my authority, it was the authority of the Patriot Act.

I'm just not sure what your situation has to do with the topic. Does the fact that you've had a checking account since 1982 exempt you from the voter laws the rest of americans need to follow?

Old 05-23-2011, 08:56 AM

BTW, in the old days, before we had our modern Driver's Licenses, people used to just hop in a car and drive, and we had a lot of unqualified people driving around, causing accidents. Sort of like the terrible accident of the 2008 election, we had so many unqualified people voting for 0bama and the democrats.

Do we really need any more proof that a photo ID is needed in order to vote?

Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
It's been required way before 2001. Maybe not a photo ID in all instances, but a LEGAL STATE issued ID. If you go to a bank and try to cash a check written to you, you will need to show a PHOTO ID. So you must have one. Even if you try and withdraw cash from your account, you need a PHOTO ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies