Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:31 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
Yeah, it's all fun and games until the zombies penetrate the CDC and the electrical grid goes down...
Next thing you know they'll be posting here in the May 21st and birther threads...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 03:05 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Next thing you know they'll be posting here in the May 21st and birther threads...
Interesting you should mention May 21st. Timing coincidental? Or mocking?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:06 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh for heaven sakes, I wasnt in outrage, I was simply using the same redderick the CDC was using. It was fine for them to use, but you are attacking me for doing the exact same thing.. histerical
You know full well that you were using this to attack the Obama administration for supposedly wasting tax dollars to post this. If you had been using the same redderick as the cdc then it would have been obvious. As casper said, you jumped the gun without realising it was tongue and cheek and now you simply look foolish for no admitting it and for trying to back away from your original post.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
playing with stereotypes is dangerous, there is ALWAYS exceptions to any rule. I have 9 acres of firewood and a spring feed pond with 700,000 gallon... I live on the grid but I'm prepared if it is gone.

The ones that would be in trouble would be the wealthy, right left and in the middle, their money would be worthless and they don't have a clue what to do when the fuel ran out.
Fail, huge fail in blanket stereotyping "the wealthy". Those likely to suffer the most will be those in megalopolises where population far exceeds resources and who have never had to plan for anything. About 10 years ago I watched all but 3 people evacuate my neighborhood during an ice storm. One who did not probably should have and I had to show her how to survive in her own home without power x 10 days.

Good for you for having your resources and plan in place. Have a back-up plan incase bugging-in is not an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Speaking of drink water, what would most people use to treat drinking water from questionable sources?
There are a number of high quality water filters out there which will filter sediment and viruses and are actively used in 3rd world and emergency situations.

Vestergaard Frandsen : LifeStraw®

The Lifesaver Bottle

Platypus® GravityWorks™ Filter

Additionally, it never hurts to boil water once it has been filtered as an added precaution.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 05-21-2011 at 04:00 PM..

Old 05-21-2011, 04:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
^^I would add, the water from your hot water tank should be just fine. After all, don't you frequently draw a cup of hot water and then microwave it? I'd be hesitant to use the water from my toilet tank, as it may be contaminated. I agree with the boiling; hopefully you'll have power or a camping stove.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^I would add, the water from your hot water tank should be just fine. After all, don't you frequently draw a cup of hot water and then microwave it? I'd be hesitant to use the water from my toilet tank, as it may be contaminated. I agree with the boiling; hopefully you'll have power or a camping stove.
I already covered the water heater in post #26.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I already covered the water heater in post #26.
I'm aware of that. I was just trying to reassure those who thought it wasn't a clean source of water.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:57 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh for heaven sakes, I wasnt in outrage, I was simply using the same redderick the CDC was using. It was fine for them to use, but you are attacking me for doing the exact same thing.. histerical

Um.. no. I really didnt think that zombies were coming.. nor did I really think the CDC was warning people that they were coming for real. If I thought either were true I'd be posting..

ZOMBIES ARE COMING.. GRAB YOUR GUNS... Not your water..

Why do liberals always need everything explained to them like they are 8...
Did you just type "redderick?" Really?

Old 05-21-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Did you just type "redderick?" Really?
Did you just play liberal elitist spelling/grammar police? Really?

Old 05-21-2011, 06:04 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
No need to worry. Zombies usually head first for the thrift stores for cheap, tattered, ill-fitting clothing (just like in all the movies). So it's a good idea to avoid thrift shops, especially when you see customers moaning and walking slow with arms outstretched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies