Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:54 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I consider myself a member of the Tea Party but I think Ron Paul is a racist. I will never support him.
No way you are in the Tea Party. Another republican jumping on the bandwagon and posing as a Tea Party member. You make an idiotic statement like that about The Godfather of the Tea Party and expect credibility?

The head of the Austin Chapter of the NAACP disagrees with you. But I guess he's an uncle Tom according to you right?
"Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment."

"Knowing Ron Paul and having talked to him, I think he's a very fair guy I just think that a lot of folks do not understand the Libertarian platform," he added.

Asked directly if Ron Paul was a racist, Linder responded "No I don't," adding that he had heard Ron Paul speak out about police repression of black communities and mandatory minimum sentences on many occasions.

Dr. Paul has also publicly praised Martin Luther King as his hero on many occasions spanning back 20 years.

"I've read Ron Paul's whole philosophy, I also understand what he's saying from a political standpoint and why people are attacking him," said Linder.

Find me one person in Congress who agrees with YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 07:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I thought tea Partiers supported Ron Paul?
They do Trlhiker. Many republican try to misrepresent that fact because they are afraid of Ron Paul which is strange since he represents the old school republican values. Do you blame the repubs for being mad at him since he exposed them for frauds in the last debates?

Many Republicans do not believe in lowering the debt and smaller government even when they claim otherwise. Did you look at the republican budget? An increase over last year and they insult our intelligence and try to play it off as a budget cut.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:03 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Tea party favorites for president include Herman Cain and Allen West, both 100% black vs Obama at 50/50. Also Marco Rubio is of Cuban parents.

After reading post after post after post from the left, as well as story after story after story by the mainstream media either blatantly calling the tea party racist or heavily implying it, why is it that they are more than happy to support blacks and hispanics?
The Tea Party isn't racist. They go for people with character. The left doesn't like that so they cry racist. Because that is the best they can do. They have no way to even come close to proving that. I'd rather have Herman Cain then Obummer any day. At least he knows what he's doing. He seems to be the best candidate out there, at least for now. Rubio would also be great.
Color of ones skin does not define character. You either have it, or you don't. Obama doesn't have it.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:55 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times
Herman Cain himself is a racist, but given his beliefs, I don't necessarily say that in a bad way. Those who have listened to him know what I mean.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:11 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I consider myself a member of the Tea Party but I think Ron Paul is a racist. I will never support him.
Why do you feel that Ron Paul is racist? I've never heard him say anything remotely racist. I think that he's probably the least likely candidate in Washington to pass legislation that favors a particular race.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:21 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
Herman Cain himself is a racist, but given his beliefs, I don't necessarily say that in a bad way. Those who have listened to him know what I mean.
Now Herman Cain is a racist?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:24 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Tea party favorites for president include Herman Cain and Allen West, both 100% black vs Obama at 50/50. Also Marco Rubio is of Cuban parents.

After reading post after post after post from the left, as well as story after story after story by the mainstream media either blatantly calling the tea party racist or heavily implying it, why is it that they are more than happy to support blacks and hispanics?
Racism is more pronounced in the way you treat people you *don't* like, than it is in the way you treat people you *do* like. You can support Rubio or Harman Cain as much as you wish, but if you post up a picture of Obama shining Sarah Palin's shoes, or wave a sign with Obama as a witch doctor, or write a blog post about how the NAACP prefers to be slaves, then you have some issues to work out - not that every tea partier is like that.

And yes, that also applies to white liberals - I saw that video of people talking about how they want to lynch Thomas. And it goes for people of every race.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
There's a HUGE difference between the Ron Paul "tea party" and today's tea party.
The current Tea Party movement is pseudo-libertarian.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:06 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Now Herman Cain is a racist?
You should have quoted my full message.

Quote:
Quote:
Following a number of comments made by Cain regarding his attitudes toward Muslim people, he was asked in March 2011 if he would feel comfortable appointing a Muslim to his administration or as a Judge. Cain said "No, I will not ... There's this creeping attempt, there's this attempt, to gradually ease Shariah Law, and the Muslim faith into our government. It does not belong in our government" and he went on to cite court cases in Oklahoma and New Jersey as evidence. This led to criticisms of "bigotry" and "muslim bashing" from CAIR, whose spokesperson stated "It would be laughable if it weren't having such a negative impact on the lives of Muslim Americans".
I might agree 100% with what he says in stating his beliefs there. But substitute the word Muslim for Christian, and it is what it is.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Don't forget that way back when Bush ran for office, he was not the conservatives' candidate. Alan Keyes was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies