Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 01:35 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times

Advertisements

Tea party favorites for president include Herman Cain and Allen West, both 100% black vs Obama at 50/50. Also Marco Rubio is of Cuban parents.

After reading post after post after post from the left, as well as story after story after story by the mainstream media either blatantly calling the tea party racist or heavily implying it, why is it that they are more than happy to support blacks and hispanics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 01:57 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
I will give them credit they have learned that going after only one demographic will never work. It's safe to say those days are over.

They still need to reach for the college voters, to some they just seem like a bunch of paranoid angry seniors who can't use spell check.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:59 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
I don't think the tea party movement is racist. I think it's misguided, but not racist.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:00 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Tea party favorites for president include Herman Cain and Allen West, both 100% black vs Obama at 50/50. Also Marco Rubio is of Cuban parents.

After reading post after post after post from the left, as well as story after story after story by the mainstream media either blatantly calling the tea party racist or heavily implying it, why is it that they are more than happy to support blacks and hispanics?
the tea party as a whole cant be labeled as racist. people who do that are lazy and will just throw a generalization to portray what they want to portray.

having said that, i don't like we, us and them. never have liked those words.

when some in the movement say we need to take our country back from them, and the same people who are saying that are 99 percent white, and its directed towards a black man in obama, you see the definition of We(white) vs. them(black) in the minds of some tea party members, which is where some elements of racism reside in the tea party.

granted, most of the us and them talk is democrat and republican babble, there have been instances of people using the us vs. them to create a movement based on race.

one of the guys who claimed to have founded the tea party, be an original member or whatever, the one who got fired for his comments, is one who played the race card in the we vs. them crap.

i dont think there are any more racists in the tea party than in the general population.

and i dont think there are any fewer racists in the tea party than in the general population.

that logic would explain why a majority would back a black candidate, as race isn't a determining factor to most of the country.

so why would it be any more or less in the tea party?

Old 05-21-2011, 02:25 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I will give them credit they have learned that going after only one demographic will never work. It's safe to say those days are over.

They still need to reach for the college voters, to some they just seem like a bunch of paranoid angry seniors who can't use spell check.
College kids don't vote. Why should candidates waste their time trying to reach them.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:28 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,406 times
Allen West and Herman Cain are not Black. They are just very tanned White men from the Mediterranean. So the Tea Party is still racist, lol.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:09 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post

Exactly. I'm so sick of being labeled a racist. So far, my fave is Herman Cain! It should be interesting to see how all this plays out if a 100% black conservative man goes up against a 50% black liberal idiot.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:12 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Maybe we are so dumb we don't know that they are not white? Just a guess. lol

Old 05-21-2011, 03:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
I thought tea Partiers supported Ron Paul?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Maybe we are so dumb we don't know that they are not white? Just a guess. lol

Just a mediterrean tan hey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies