Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:17 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Yes. When will they realize it is not their money to give!

Not Yours To Give - Colonel Davy Crockett (http://www.juntosociety.com/patriotism/inytg.html - broken link)

This is a wonderful story. Too bad so few people understand the principle of charity.

Democrats think taking your money and giving to somebody else is charity. They love spending other people's money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 01:18 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A charitable contribution by rich conservatives is a contradiction in terms. The only things they contribute to are things that support increased greed.

Considering of who robbed the American worker of his wages and benefits excusing conservatives and libertarians is a major whopper. Who took the workers compensation? The corporations and politicians that have systematically destroyed unions, off shored their work and destroyed their savings with stock and housing bubbles. The goal is to destroy any economic or political power of anyone but the connected wealthy.

To understand the unending economic warfare you have to know who your enemy is and why they are winning. The workers are not winning but the rich very much are.
I thought you were better than mindless T-Shirt slogan rhetoric?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
A charitable contribution by rich conservatives is a contradiction in terms. The only things they contribute to are things that support increased greed.

So, when I contribute to a soup kitchen, that's greed?

When I work in a soup kitchen, that's greed?

When I give to the American Cancer Society, that's greed?

When I donate products to the Goodwill, that's greed?

I guess I don't quite understand your definition of greed.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Typical conservative denial of reality. The wealth redistribution of capitalism (funelling upwards to a few rich people) is going on right now. There has been no "Marxist redistribution of wealth" for the past 30 years. Data on wealth distribution shows that.

Thats fine if your definition of morality is the Prince John system of taxation where workers become increasingly productive, only to remain poor.

The problem is, it won't work for America in the long run.
um, the funnelling upwards to a few rich exists regardless of the economic policies of a country.. Look at the French, and their IMF leader, who was staying in $3,000 a night hotel rooms..

the ONLY method that works in the long run is capitalism.. Why do you deny realities that other systems continue to fail while we continue to prosper?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:24 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:

Considering of who robbed the American worker of his wages and benefits excusing conservatives and libertarians is a major whopper. Who took the workers compensation? The corporations and politicians that have systematically destroyed unions, off shored their work and destroyed their savings with stock and housing bubbles. The goal is to destroy any economic or political power of anyone but the connected wealthy.

To understand the unending economic warfare you have to know who your enemy is and why they are winning. The workers are not winning but the rich very much are.
Lies, lies, lies. Until you look into the heart of every conservative, and KNOW that they only give charity to support greed, you are LYING.

My most liberals friends are also the most stingy. They ONLY give to charities if it makes their business look good. And they make a HUGE fanfair when giving. Anecdotal, but true all the same.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
So when the richest americans, got together and all agreed to donate hundreds of billions to non profits and charities, they were doing it out of greed? Explain how giving money away = greedy because I'm interested in this new accounting method that can make me rich (being the fact that I'm very very greedy , simply by giving everything away)

Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I guess I don't quite understand your definition of greed.
There is actually a report somewhere which says conservatives donate more time, and money, and because it makes us happier, we do it to make ourself feel better, not someone else, which equates to greed..

Old 05-23-2011, 02:11 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
And the liberals are warm hearted & really care about the little guy? Oh please...the only thing the libs care about is expanding their own power and how to best manipulate
the poor, the minorities and the downright ignorant into voting for them.

Class and race warfare are tools of the left - hate & envy not compassion. Reinforcing dependency on government instead of encouraging independence & entrepreneurship is what benefits the left most - self interest not compassion.

Leftist policies have almost always been done for the ultimate benefit of the party, not the people.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:16 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

Libertarians believe that good people will help others without compulsion.
That's the whole problem with Libertarianism and why it wouldn't work. People overall are naturally greedy and only concerned about themselves. To think that if you yanked the entire safety net out from under this country that kind-hearted people would step in and donate money to charities and help the unemployed, the sick, the handicapped, etc. is simply laughable!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:21 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
They are in many ways, in particular they fact that they couldn't give two shyts for their fellow countrymen.
Please prove that BS?

There is no compassion in disabling a person from finding work appealing.

There is also no compassion or brains involved on putting a country so massively in debt that we may not eventually be even able to care for the truly disabled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies