Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:03 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,917,756 times

Advertisements

There is nothing special about the 1967 borders. In 1967, Israel was at the 1967 borders and the Arab states still attacked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,534,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
If Israel is part of the "Holy Land," then I'm sure GOD Himself can defend it just fine, even without American funding (3 billion/year).

Let's leave it in God's Hands!

Blessings,
brian
It is in Gods hand already:
IS 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
IS 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
IS 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
IS 60:4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
IS 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
IS 60:9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
IS 60:10 And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favor have I had mercy on thee.
IS 60:11 Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.
IS 60:12 For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:08 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,856,806 times
Eretz Israel forever!

Old 09-26-2017, 04:32 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,698,537 times
Israel's current territory includes land won in a war. They are not going to give up some of it (Golan Heights (for protection), East Jerusalem (for religious reasons)) under any circumstances. Just the same way that many countries on the planet won land in a war that they are not giving up. Get over it.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:51 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,436,590 times
Israel is a theocracy....not really in favor of such.

That being said, Israel is in violation of the Camp David Accords and UN resolutions by their occupation and resettlement of areas reserved for the Palestinians. The West Bank.

Usually when a State is in violation of treaties and UN resolutions, sanctions follow...why is Israel exempt?

It seems that even the least criticism of Israel is immediately met by screams of 'antisemitism'--as though Israel is exempt from the normal rules that govern nations and their conduct.

Perhaps Israel should be held to the same standards as any other nation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement

Old 09-26-2017, 05:00 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,563,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
Israel's current territory includes land won in a war. They are not going to give up some of it (Golan Heights (for protection), East Jerusalem (for religious reasons)) under any circumstances. Just the same way that many countries on the planet won land in a war that they are not giving up. Get over it.
You dug up a thread no one had posted to in six years, and they need to get over it? Oh, my...

Old 09-26-2017, 05:00 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Israel is a theocracy....not really in favor of such.

That being said, Israel is in violation of the Camp David Accords and UN resolutions by their occupation and resettlement of areas reserved for the Palestinians. The West Bank.

Usually when a State is in violation of treaties and UN resolutions, sanctions follow...why is Israel exempt?

It seems that even the least criticism of Israel is immediately met by screams of 'antisemitism'--as though Israel is exempt from the normal rules that govern nations and their conduct.

Perhaps Israel should be held to the same standards as any other nation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement
What treaty is Israel in violation of? Name other states that have had UN resolutions placed against them over the past 50 years and have been forced to abide by them. Name other states who won wars and were told to to give in to anything the loser wanted. Name other states where their people were all evicted from in a previous war then in a following war they re-settled back into the towns they once lived in and were called occupiers. Thus the same standards as who???

Old 09-26-2017, 05:08 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Camp David Accords? The UN was the first to reject it. Israel, Egypt and Jordan followed it the best they could, but the PLO through numerous wrenches into it.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:37 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Israel isn't "occupying" anything illegally. Territory won through armed conflict does not need to be returned. That is International Law.

Articles: Israel: The Inconvenient Truth of Occupation

Articles: The Truth About 'The Occupation' and 'The Settlements'

Old 09-26-2017, 05:40 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,698,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You dug up a thread no one had posted to in six years, and they need to get over it? Oh, my...
Forgive me, I did not notice the date. It popped up at the bottom of my page as I was going through topic posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies