Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What's so fascinating about that kind of prediction? Are people simply bored? Or is it wishful thinking?
I think it's just conservative paranoia talking. I have a conservative friend in L.A. who regularly talks about "civil unrest" as one of his biggest concerns. It's just the way they are - always in a mild state of panic and fear that the world around them is about to collapse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 07:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The beginning of the end was in 2004. I saw that our country was about to make a fundamental change away from freedom and economic sanity. It all started when this man was touted as a "future president" after this speech in July 2004...

I began selling the next day.
At the time I had no idea who Obama was. He came out of the woodwork.

At the time I could trace this back to Clinton, and his for free money program to many states, but not NH. This began before Obama, but then Obama hasn't done much other than be the greatest gun salesman of the decade. I can't fault him for that one thing, just everything else.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think it's just conservative paranoia talking. I have a conservative friend in L.A. who regularly talks about "civil unrest" as one of his biggest concerns. It's just the way they are - always in a mild state of panic and fear that the world around them is about to collapse.
We have already had some mild civil unrest but you are so bent on making the gay marriage issue the center of the universe you been missing the signs. What do you call a congress member getting shot in the face? or how about all the protest by unions over collective bargaining? So far they have been mostly peaceful but they could escalate very easily in violence when both sides are very passionate about their positions.
Our country is like a powder keg of dynamite that only needs a spark and there is nothing wrong to be in fear or to prepare. I was wondering if any of the gay publications that you frequent covered the disaster in Japan? Well there was this very interesting photo I want to share with you in description. They showed a man pushing a shopping cart at a food store and what did the shelves look like? Here's a cookie, if you guessed they were bare
See AIM,there is a lot more important issues going on then gay marriage how about life and death? Your freind should be concerned, just think if there is no food on the shelves in LA ? you are so naive you do not think there would be civil unrest,give me a break.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So do you think the IMF and EU countries will bail out the PIG countries yet again and take losses on their first loans ?

Do you think Greece collapsing will be isolated ? Similar to the subprime which Bernanke said "was isolated to the real estate market" ?

Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I can't really remember exactly how it went, but it ran along the lines of Alan Greenspan, in Feb of 2004, opening his pie-hole about Adjustable Rate Mortgages being the better deal .. in other words, it was the Fed that tipped me off to all of the B.S. that was to come.
I can buy most any answer. 04 was a little bit back and a lot of BS has gone by the boards since then.

I was interested in that cottage to the point I was pre-approved for the loan, and had 1/2 of the asking price in cash. Of course that was do-able.

That $165,000 figure was not. The place did sell for $135,000, but today stands rotting and empty. At the time it needed a D-8 dozer more than anything else, but I am pretty good at fixer uping.

Someone lost their shirt and probably some money and I might guess their credit rating on that shack. In NH atleast, every single dwelling went to a like increase in phony value as well.
It was as if a white pine board was worth it's weight in gold

Today cheap junk seems to be headed that way too, and anything reall is very costly. I work in stainless steel, Brass, bronze, and number 1 alloy.

All of that has increased 3 fold from 2 years ago.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I do not care as I do not have financial investments large enough that I cannot afford to lose them. I expect the damage done by a general default will be limited to the European New (criminal) Money and the recent speculators.

BTY - Why do "Austerity programs" generally mean abandoning the poor and pensioners while protecting the speculators? Just askin'.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Europe will collapse as surely as the world ended on Saturday

What's so fascinating about that kind of prediction? Are people simply bored? Or is it wishful thinking?
I don't know if Euro will fall or not, but you might want to check on the recent weathers of grain belt areas in the world, since either the most of them are under water, or in a drought.

To grow stuff and get it to market it takes both fuel and metal, and it takes fuel to get metal.

It seems to me fall or no fall a lot of people are about to go hungery.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not care as I do not have financial investments large enough that I cannot afford to lose them. I expect the damage done by a general default will be limited to the European New (criminal) Money and the recent speculators.

BTY - Why do "Austerity programs" generally mean abandoning the poor and pensioners while protecting the speculators? Just askin'.
Austerity programs means the government cuts its spending.
The speculators have their own money and aren't affected by cuts in government programs. The poor, on the otherhand, practically live off the government programs so are affected the most.

The poor cannot depend on the government to clothe them, feed them and house them if the government has no money.

That's just the facts. And here in the US over 60% of Americans ARE receiving some type of government payout.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
HT - then tax the profits from the speculators and feed and house the poor. They deserve it more than the theives anyway.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The beginning of the end was in 2004. I saw that our country was about to make a fundamental change away from freedom and economic sanity. It all started when this man was touted as a "future president" after this speech in July 2004...

I began selling the next day.
Sorry to hear you sold too early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies