Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:27 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,596,095 times

Advertisements

Liberals please stop stop stop trying to say hes not.......liberal....

This is pure liberal elitism at its finest...DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,596,095 times
Obama knows NOTHING OF BUSINESS...tell me how many pay rolls he had to meet LOLOL lord..

The most inexperience Pres. in HISTORY and you people try and make it not so.....Remember "Lips stick on a pig"....Well right back at you OBAMA,you know nothing of business and that is why this country is doomed if he's re-elected!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:52 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,403,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post

Obama is no liberal. If anything he's center right at best..

Progressives/liberals don't raid medical marijuana dispensaries at a rate greater than Bush..

Quote:
Obama administration has attacked medical-marijuana providers on several fronts. Since January 2010, it has staged more than 90 raids on dispensaries and growers, according to figures collected by the patient-advocacy group Americans for Safe Access. That represents a pace double the Bush administration's, says ASA spokesperson Kris Hermes.
What's Up With Obama's Cynical Approach to Medical Marijuana? | Drugs | AlterNet

He's nothing but a con artist and phoney. I don't know who's worst...the Republicans who continue to call Obama a liberal when he's obviously not. Or the Democrats who have compromised their principles as they hypocritically continue to defend Obama's Bush like polices and lies..

Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,240,144 times
It's funny when Conservatives call Obama the most liberal POTUS in history yet also point out where is actual upset liberals?

Which is it?

Liberals have been calling Obama right of center for two years now. This is nothing new to us.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:56 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,405,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
It's funny when Conservatives call Obama the most liberal POTUS in history yet also point out where is actual upset liberals?

Which is it?

Liberals have been calling Obama right of center for two years now. This is nothing new to us.
But Obama calls himself a Progressive. Which is it?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:01 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,235,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post

I hate to break it to you, but I think folks that ARE Liberal know who's Liberal a LOT better than Wingnuts do - and THOSE folks will tell you outright that Obama is NOT a Liberal.

The fact is - despite the GOP attempts to paint him as such - Obama is NOT a Liberal. He is and always has been a Left-leaning Centrist much like Clinton was. In fact, Liberals are a bit unhappy with Obama because he HAS NOT pushed their agenda. For example:

Liberals want a single-payer health care system - Obama didn't push for that.
Liberals want assault weapons banned - Obama didn't push for that.
Liberals want out of Afghanistan - Obama RAMPED up Afganistan.
Liberals want Cap and Trade - Obama's not pushing Cap and Trade.

In politics one side ALWAYS tries to paint the Presidential candidate on the other side as "far extreme" in an effort to scare voters into voting for "their" guy. The Democrats do it and the GOP does too. That's why it's ONLY folks like YOURSELF (ie on the "other" side) that consider him a Liberal. REAL Liberals don't consider him to be a Liberal at all - just as REAL Conservatives didn't consider GW Bush to be a Conservative.

Obama is not, and never was a "Liberal" - that's part of why I like him. He's a Left-leaning Centrist - same as me (and Bill Clinton).

NationalJournal.com - Liberals Unhappy With Obama's Business Outreach - Monday, February 7, 2011

Obama appeals to unhappy, impatient liberals: 'Keep up the fight' in November | cleveland.com

Liberals frustrated with President Obama; angry their issues took back seat to health care reform - New York Daily News

Obama's Battle With the Liberal Wing of the Democratic Party - US News and World Report

As you can see, TRUE Liberals are not thrilled with Obama. He's DEFINITELY preferred to the GOP alternatives, but he's not really "one of them".

Ken

Old 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,240,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
But Obama calls himself a Progressive. Which is it?
So? The vast majority of progressives disagree with him. The point of the OP was shouldn't progressives be outraged at Obama's policy positions? The answer is yes we are, we feel is is right of center.

So whats the point of (rightly) call Obama out for being right wing, then turn around and call him the biggest lib ever? Which is it?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,270,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Obama is Clinton revisited...
Not necessarily a bad thing and it's sure as hell better than George W. Bush Jr. revisited.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,405,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I hate to break it to you, but I think folks that ARE Liberal know who's Liberal a LOT better than Wingnuts do - and THOSE folks will tell you outright that Obama is NOT a Liberal.

The fact is - despite the GOP attempts to paint him as such - Obama is NOT a Liberal. He is and always has been a Left-leaning Centrist much like Clinton was. In fact, Liberals are a bit unhappy with Obama because he HAS NOT pushed their agenda. For example:

Liberals want a single-payer health care system - Obama didn't push for that.
Liberals want assault weapons banned - Obama didn't push for that.
Liberals want out of Afghanistan - Obama RAMPED up Afganistan.
Liberals want Cap and Trade - Obama's not pushing Cap and Trade.

In politics one side ALWAYS tries to paint the Presidential candidate on the other side as "far extreme" in an effort to scare voters into voting for "their" guy. The Democrats do it and the GOP does too. That's why it's ONLY folks like YOURSELF (ie on the "other" side) that consider him a Liberal. REAL Liberals don't consider him to be a Liberal at all - just as REAL Conservatives didn't consider GW Bush to be a Conservative.

Obama is not, and never was a "Liberal" - that's part of why I like him. He's a Left-leaning Centrist - same as me (and Bill Clinton).

NationalJournal.com - Liberals Unhappy With Obama's Business Outreach - Monday, February 7, 2011

Obama appeals to unhappy, impatient liberals: 'Keep up the fight' in November | cleveland.com

Liberals frustrated with President Obama; angry their issues took back seat to health care reform - New York Daily News

Obama's Battle With the Liberal Wing of the Democratic Party - US News and World Report

As you can see, TRUE Liberals are not thrilled with Obama. He's DEFINITELY preferred to the GOP alternatives, but he's not really "one of them".

Ken
I'll tell you what he is, just like Clinton was. A Progressive. He even says so himself. Now I'll tell you what he's not. He's not KING! He can't just enact anything he wants if the people don't want it. Only 20% in this country identify as Liberals. If he was to do everything that Liberals wanted, he would have to be Dictator or King.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,235,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Not necessarily a bad thing and it's sure as hell better than George W. Bush Jr. revisited.
I agree 100%.
Clinton was a VERY good President.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies