Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,826,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The lefties also can't stand the fact that O'Reilly trounces everybody on MSNBC & CNN every night as well.

That story was indeed referring only to ratings for NYC radio stations, but the format continues to thrive nationwide, and there's no end in sight, especially with a Presidential election less than 18 months away.

Radio continues to reach over 90% of the nation's population every day according to Arbitron, and that number has barely moved for decades, since satellite radio is an also-ran insofar as weekly listeners are concerned.

The lefties cannot stand that Limbaugh, Hannity & Beck dominate the radio landscape to go along with their equally humungous stranglehold on cable news channels.
I really don't know why the Left continues to beat their heads against the wall in their war on right-leaning voices in the media......oh wait, of course I do!

They want to silence all voices that present a different view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM

11 posts, read 31,442 times
Rush makes news not because he tells the "truth", but because he puts things out of proportion. Giving "Truth" would make him a news reporter. How exciting is NPR or PBS? He is brainwashing his listeners who don't question what they hear to hate everything that the left does, even contradicting himself to do so. I don't understand how presenting Obama as an anti-american trying to destroy the nation really helps our country. The last time I heard of him in the news, it was slamming the assault on bin Laden. Another time, it was wanting Obama to fail. I'm not against opposing opinion, I'm against pointless destructive criticism. What has he contributed?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:42 AM

17,386 posts, read 11,910,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No doubt. Limbaugh uses planted/bogus callers and I don't think has ever had a real debate with anyone.
You have proof of this, I'm sure.

You're right about not having had a real debate, though. Most lefties can't debate at all, so they resort to name calling and personal attacks.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,428,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The lefties also can't stand the fact that O'Reilly trounces everybody on MSNBC & CNN every night as well.
I know MSNBC is always reporting about something that was on FOX. They sometimes show clips from FOX and when they do, it's the entire screen....FOX colors/logo and the ticker that runs across the bottom. It's not about the left vs. the right....that's the way they make it look to cater to their audience. What it's really about is ratings....they're competitors...I guess it's they're way of convincing their viewers that there's no reason for them to ever switch over to FOX occasionally.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,407,431 times
Lightbulb Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months

Maybe Limpbag's spew has gotten to be too strident for 30% of his audience.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,144,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where did he start? With ONE.

There is no denying the wildly successful enterprise that is RUSH.

He IS #1 in the country. NAME those that beat him.
Rush is #1! Rush is #1! Rush is #1! Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!
Also, he is the distinguished founder of the prestigious Limbaugh Institute For Advanced Conservative Studies. Do you have a degree yet?

Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,544,163 times
Look, he's been preaching self-sufficiency and ambition for 20-plus years, as opposed to the multi-decade long liberal playbook of telling minorities that 'they're victims' and 'you had lots of bad breaks when you were growing up that made your life tough' when you were growing up.

Asians have been victimized horrendously as well going back to those really punitive condtions which our government initiated in the early 1940s, but you don't hear THEM whining with a 'woe-is-me' attitude nonstop, do you?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,044,716 times
Quote:
Regardless of the outcome of this current controversy, history will remember Rush Limbaugh as the man who murdered conservatism, the man who made the American right cheap and chintzy and sleazy and scummy, the man who destroyed what William F. Buckley, Russell Kirk, Whittaker Chambers and so many other men and women worked so hard to build.
D.R. Tucker: Rush Limbaugh and the Era of Ignorance « Climate Denial Crock of the Week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies