Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 01:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

It used to be Republicans who accused Democrats of playing the "victim card", but now, it's Republicans who constantly vent about being victims of the media, society, culture, political correctness - and some even carp about being treated unfairly on this forum.

Rather than blaming everyone else for their frustrations, I think they need to start accepting some personal responsibility for their failures. If one of their ideas or philosophies isn't popular, it isn't because of political correctness, the media, or bias. It's because most Americans simply don't agree with them.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:19 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It used to be Republicans who accused Democrats of playing the "victim card", but now, it's Republicans who constantly vent about being victims of the media, society, culture, political correctness - and some even carp about being treated unfairly on this forum.

Rather than blaming everyone else for their frustrations, I think they need to start accepting some personality responsibility for their failures. If one of their ideas or philosophies isn't popular, it isn't because of political correctness, the media, or bias. It's because most Americans simply don't agree with them.
I think its because it is easier than taking responsibility for their numerous failures and shortcomings.

It's also something pre-teen children do.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:19 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Maybe they want a share of the victim freebies that Democrats have been hoarding all these years.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:20 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Do you not think that many Democrats also act like victims?

Do you think that all Republicans act like victims?

You do realize that there are some ideas and philosophies that the Democratic Party has that the majority of Americans do not agree with, right?

Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You don't think that many Democrats act like victims as well?
Isn't that a prerequisite for being a Democrat? If you're not a minority, a union member or 100% reliant on the government can you even become a Democrat these days?

Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:

Rather than blaming everyone else for their frustrations, I think they need to start accepting some personality responsibility for their failures. If one of their ideas or philosophies isn't popular, it isn't because of political correctness, the media, or bias. It's because most Americans simply don't agree with them.
Why do so many ignorant Democrats buy into the belief that the crap their party is spewing is any better?

If you buy into the nonsense professed by either mainstream party you are little more than a sheep that is anxious to make it's way to the front of the line for it's much overdue shearing.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:23 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,385,515 times
It's one way of getting what you want. Tantrums aren't bad either.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
No one complains about media bias like Republicans, and no one complains about political correctness like Republicans. They've captured the market on those two things.

Quote:
Do you think that all Republicans act like victims?
Nope. That's why I say "so many Republicans". I know that many don't complain, but many do, and it's not the Republicanism that I grew up with. There's a much more immature and bratty state of mind than there used to be.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:26 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Nope. That's why I say "so many Republicans". I know that many don't complain, but many do, and it's not the Republicanism that I grew up with. There's a much more immature and bratty state of mind than there used to be.
I see the same immaturity and "brattiness" from Democrats. Democrats like to accuse Republicans of being heartless. They LOVE to accuse Republicans of being uneducated and suggest that they know everything and Republicans are stupid.

Keep in mind that there are many ideas the Democratic Party has that the majority of Americans do not agree with.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Maybe they want a share of the victim freebies that Democrats have been hoarding all these years.
Quote:
The comments above are the political equivalent of, "But Mom, he did it first!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies