Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:58 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,790,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
That's exactly what it is. Nobody owns anything.
i didn't know that was anarcho-communism but i'm not hiding the fact that i do indeed agree that, ultimately, no one owns anything.

that's because you can either take what you own from the earth or, to provide energy for yourself, take it from another species by force. so in that respect the energy you use to produce anything is not yours. it ultimately comes from the sun which i assume you're not claiming ownership of?

but that's another discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
i didn't know that was anarcho-communism but i'm not hiding the fact that i do indeed agree that, ultimately, no one owns anything.

that's because you can either take what you own from the earth or, to provide energy for yourself, take it from another species by force. so in that respect the energy you use to produce anything is not yours. it ultimately comes from the sun which i assume you're not claiming ownership of?

but that's another discussion.
Then why are you using the protecting environment thing to get your point across?
If you got your anarcho-communist society you'd still be polluting. Even cavemen polluted.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:11 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,683,913 times
you're right, I dont' own the clothes on my back or the computer I'm typing on get real

Old 05-24-2011, 03:37 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,206,000 times
Quote:
alright fine, you're not a righty. show me where you answered?
//www.city-data.com/forum/19289289-post39.html

Quote:
and btw, how is industrialization, not wrecking the environment, on the one hand, and, simultaneously, imposing laws that require participation in the monetary system to "protect the environment" from lower tech living models?

Some say I'm free to pursue this living model but it seems the modern world is imposing restrictions from two directions at once.
Industrialization is not bad, initiating force on others would be.

Requirement of participation is force.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
you're right, I dont' own the clothes on my back or the computer I'm typing on get real

no, why don't you explain to me how you did the work to buy those things without using force to get them?

you're going to say you worked for them but you had to kill another species to appropriate their energy so you could do the work in order to get paid so you could buy that stuff. are you claiming the species was a willing participant in the transaction?

so really, how do you own anything? it's just a transference of energy.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/19289289-post39.html

Industrialization is not bad, initiating force on others would be.

Requirement of participation is force.
i'm glad you agree.

Why are people forced to participate in Capitalism?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Again, read my first post, you are not talking about capitalism. (the allocation of capital by private as opposed to government means)

We own the fruits of our labor and creation, natural resources we owe society for their use.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Again, read my first post, you are not talking about capitalism. (the allocation of capital by private as opposed to government means)

We own the fruits of our labor and creation, natural resources we owe society for their use.
So I don't have any issue with you as long as you agree that, no matter which option is chosen, neither side has a right to wreck and poison the environment.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
So I don't have any issue with you as long as you agree that, no matter which option is chosen, neither side has a right to wreck and poison the environment.
Poison is force. I am for the non-aggression principle. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:59 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,276,677 times
Quote:
and btw, how is industrialization, not wrecking the environment, on the one hand, and, simultaneously, imposing laws that require participation in the monetary system to "protect the environment" from lower tech living models? Industrialization gave many a better standard of living, paved the way for medical cures, cleaner drinking water, better clothes and as you know the filters in America are amazing compared to the dirt elsewhere.
Ted Kaczynski living is OK for you, not my thing. You are welcome to go for it.

Some say I'm free to pursue this living model but it seems the modern world is imposing restrictions from two directions at once. No they are not, you can go to places in the world where there are almost no people or are no people, just a matter of whether or not you have the big ones to follow up on what you pontificate about.
Get er' done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies