Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I call hockeypucks on that one. A goof by Bush would show up on TV daily for a week, delivered in detail by smirking newscasters, then the take of all the late-night comedians would be played over and over. Obama is a media creation and they are going to protect him just as hard as they can.
Every hear perception is reality?

You perceive it one way, so it then becomes your reality.

People from both political aisles make that mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
OP, so how did you know about all this if not through the media you accuse of?
Quote:
How do you find out about Obama's goof-ups, if not for the media?
Funny how they just can't get that....makes ya wonder if THEY know what year it is...

Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Obama signs the royal guest book yesterday "May 24, 2008." My 96 year old mom does not even make that kind of mistake. If this were Bush they would be calling him the "R" word and doing skits on Saterday Night Live. Maybe South Park will pick it up.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:50 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Speaking of Soldiers deaths...where is the daily death count that we heard EVERYSINGLE day while Bush was in the office.....it has amazingly disappeared since obama has been in office?

Old 05-25-2011, 07:51 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I actually saw it on the news this morning. I think they were just letting the Tornado coverage slow a bit.

One thing Fox News has done is changed news into a media outlet, an entertainment entity instead of the news. People aren't to concerned about someone signing 2008, and people aren't to concerned about the President giving a toast at the wrong time.

Yeah, he looked silly, woo hoo. He hasn't lied about weapons of mass destruction, knowingly outed a CIA agent for political reasons, and completely destroyed the economy.
It wasn't Bush that outed the CIA agent that was already outed.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Obama signs the royal guest book yesterday "May 24, 2008." My 96 year old mom does not even make that kind of mistake. If this were Bush they would be calling him the "R" word and doing skits on Saterday Night Live. Maybe South Park will pick it up.
Good for her! I find myself making mistakes like that occasionally.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:31 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
OP, so how did you know about all this if not through the media you accuse of?
The media mentions (in passing) the adorable way Obama might, y'know, occasionally kinda make a little, teeny-weenie faux pas.

But Bush was just an idiot who made mistakes constantly and was a moron who couldn't tie his shoes without Cheney's help (all this according to the New York liberal mass media headquarters that tell progressives how to think).

The portrayal of Bush was that of an arrogant, little monkey man who couldn't find his butt with either hand.

Obama?

Our Lord and Savior whose gas smells like Lilacs; a man who can give blind children sight with a mere touch to the forehead.

Anyone who doesn't see this is a fool or in denial.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The media mentions (in passing) the adorable way Obama might, y'know, occasionally kinda make a little, teeny-weenie faux pas.

But Bush was just an idiot who made mistakes constantly and was a moron who couldn't tie his shoes without Cheney's help (all this according to the New York liberal mass media headquarters that tell progressives how to think).

The portrayal of Bush was that of an arrogant, little monkey man who couldn't find his butt with either hand.

Obama?

Our Lord and Savior whose gas smells like Lilacs; a man who can give blind children sight with a mere touch to the forehead.

Anyone who doesn't see this is a fool or in denial.

Re-read the post about perception above.

My perception is that MY regular news stations which include ABC, CBS, and NBC did NOT portray Bush as an idiot or a little monkey. Saturday Night Live is a different matter but I don't consider them the media. Left-wing journalism and news shows, yes, chiding. Bill Maher, yes, ruthless. Regular news, nope, they were very impartial, if they reported those blunders at all.

I find the same with Obama. Right-wing news orgs are ALL over the blunders, regular 6:00PM broadcast news, NOPE.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
So you got the information from the media, only to turn around and whine about media hiding it from you. How typical!

Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times

YouTube - ‪Chris Mathews: My Job Is To Make Obama Presidency Successful‬‏

THIS IS WHY!

I'll give it to him, at least he was honest about his sickening bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies