Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:42 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Speaking of Soldiers deaths...where is the daily death count that we heard EVERYSINGLE day while Bush was in the office.....it has amazingly disappeared since obama has been in office?
The deaths (with a count) are still published in the New York Times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 02:50 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Prove that it was "Breaking News" when Bush made a mistake? I betcha can't. It was simply reported on, the same as with President Obama.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Isn't there a moment of silence on one of the Sunday AM political shows for the war dead, with names? I haven't watched one of those shows for a while.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:46 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The deaths (with a count) are still published in the New York Times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgcrush View Post
Iraq Body Count is still a website, and still counting. Did you lose your internet after Bush left?
Never said that.....

When Bush was President, every morning Katie (AKA the perky one, nicked named by Rush) would come on and say, "there has been (insert number here) Soldiers killed as of this date", does she still do that....and please don't bring up, well Katie is no longer there....

It was a daily thing on the state controlled media....ensuring everyone knew that Bush's war was killing Soldiers, now that obama has taken over....that same daily fact has disappeared from the state controlled daily media shows......

Orgcrush, did you loose you TV after obama took control?

Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
They won't show it because people would have the feeling that the Country is failing and that they are watching "Funiest home videos" and this is too embarrasing....and most of all...people hate to admit they voted for the wrong guy and it shows that others who didn't vote for him, were right.

Slowly it seems that some tv hosts like for example on the Today show...are not so much in love with him anymore...

Old 05-25-2011, 05:48 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
It wasn't Bush that outed the CIA agent that was already outed.
It was the Bush administration. Good enough.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
The liberal press has gutted what little credibility they had by convering up for Obama's nonstop string of blunders, regarding the thrashing he gets every time he crosses the oceans, to a nonstop string of legislative disasters, from cash for clunkers to ObamaCare, to the Dodd-Frank disaster to....well, you get the idea.

They've been covering for his incompetence since day one, and are getting destroyed credibility-wise in the process.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Never said that.....

When Bush was President, every morning Katie (AKA the perky one, nicked named by Rush) would come on and say, "there has been (insert number here) Soldiers killed as of this date", does she still do that....and please don't bring up, well Katie is no longer there....

It was a daily thing on the state controlled media....ensuring everyone knew that Bush's war was killing Soldiers, now that obama has taken over....that same daily fact has disappeared from the state controlled daily media shows......

Orgcrush, did you loose you TV after obama took control?
The media I get my news from has not stopped publishing the deaths of soldiers in war zones. I rarely watched Katie Couric, so I can't speak to what CBS news was doing. Wouldn't the New York Times be categorized as part of the "State Controlled Media".

BTW: I think people who use "cute" nicknames actually weaken their arguments.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:53 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The media I get my news from has not stopped publishing the deaths of soldiers in war zones. I rarely watched Katie Couric, so I can't speak to what CBS news was doing. Wouldn't the New York Times be categorized as part of the "State Controlled Media".

BTW: I think people who use "cute" nicknames actually weaken their arguments.
Nicknames like "The perky one" are ment to do 1 thing, and as you can see it worked on you.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:56 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Everyone makes mistakes, especially if they are human. Wow. Obama made mistakes stop the presses.

I'd say the biggest diff with Bush was he was such a moron he made us look so bad He was Dan Quayle realized. collect all the "the US constitution is just a GD piece of paper", The where are those WMD's, the where they can practice their love for women moments and I bet Obamas slip ups will pale in comparison.... I doubt it would even make a funny book... face it morons are where the Quayleisms and Bushisms come to light. Hard to make a case when the president actually has an above average IQ....but easy when its below.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies