Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a man who identifies himself as "heterosexual" rapes another man is he really a homosex
yes 95 57.93%
no 69 42.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Tried to give your post some credit, it just didn't work out.

No one's hysterical, guess that's your feminine snipe for the day , and in terms of me being "uncomfortable" another dunderhead moment for you!!!...page after page of discussion simply show you to be clueless!!

You are the second dunderhead woman to come into the discussion with the feminine "right" to tell men you know more about them then they do..

Just to set the record straight for the next dunderhead..this thread is NOT ABOUT RAPE..it's about if a man commits a homosexual rape does it make him GAY.

Where did I ever state whythe diagnosis was in the psychiatric manual??..oh I remember. I never did,... just more shrilling on your part!!!

The rest of your post isn't worth the trouble, if you have an agenda, go blow your trumpet elsewhere!!!..this thread is about men raping men and the label that attaches.

Start a thread based on your misguided crusade and I'll post there until then at least try to stick with the issue.

For me this thread has run it's course, go try to educate the other men that that also believe another man trying to rape them, labels the rapists as gay!!!

After much political pressure, a committee of the APA met behind closed doors in 1973 and voted to remove homosexuality as a mental disorder from the DSM-II. Opponents of this effort were given 15 minutes to protest this change, according to Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, in Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth. Satinover writes that after this vote was taken, the decision was to be voted on by the entire APA membership. However, prior to this the National Gay Task Force purchased the APA's mailing list and sent out a letter to the APA members urging them to vote to remove homosexuality as a disorder. No APA member was informed that the mailing had been funded by this homosexual activist group.

Dr. Socarides, writing in Sexual Politics and Scientific Logic: The Issue of Homosexuality states:

"To declare a condition a 'non-condition,' a group of practitioners had removed it from our list of serious psychosexual disorders. The action was all the more remarkable when one considers that it involved an out-of-hand and peremptory disregard and dismissal not only of hundreds of psychiatric and psychoanalytic research papers and reports, but also a number of other serious studies by groups of psychiatrists, psychologists, and educators over the past seventy years…"

LOL! You know the first website that came up in a google search with the.... "info" you posted? Jesus-is-savior.com.

I have presented information about male rape from the National Centre for Victims of Crime. Is that all "shrilling" by "female dunderheads" too?

Keep going, you're making yourself look more and more foolish with every post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Lets put itthis way, I have known men who have spent years in prison raping other men and in some cases being raped by them but once they were released and women were available they never turned back to men. Now I ask, are the still considered to be gay?
Well they're not straight if they willingly have sexual intercourse with the same sex. I would consider them bisexual.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
here are some quotes from
Destructive Trends in Mental Health The Well Intentioned Path to Harm
by Rogers H. Wright, and Nicholas A. Cummings.
(these guys are not rightwingers they actually agree with the position but disagree with the process (which was heavily lobbied by gay groups))
You make it obvious that you haven't read the whole book.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:21 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
(these guys are not rightwingers they actually agree with the position but disagree with the process (which was heavily lobbied by gay groups))
You make it obvious that you haven't read the whole book.
what I meant by agree with the position is that they agree with part of the position (much less then a right winger would that some Homosexuals can't be changed while other can.) (there also politically more to the left on these issues)
as a right winger to me this quote is somewhat akin to what the APA. My point of saying what I did was where not talking about a right winger who thinks all homosexuality can be cured if only the homosexual wants it to.
Quote:
"For instance, with male clients, we found that men who were quite feminine from an early age were not good candidates for change and we didn’t pursue that. Instead, in many cases, we helped clients develop happier and saner gay lives.”

Old 05-27-2011, 12:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Glad to see that most folk that answered this poll have enough common sense to realize that some guy trying to sodomize you, is not a heterosexual guy.

If most of us are in the "wrong" because we consider a sodomite to be homosexual and the act a homosexual one, count me in the "wrong" crowd.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:19 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Glad to see that most folk that answered this poll have enough common sense to realize that some guy trying to sodomize you, is not a heterosexual guy.

If most of us are in the "wrong" because we consider a sodomite to be homosexual and the act a homosexual one, count me in the "wrong" crowd.
"Sodomy" just means anal intercourse. It gives no information as to whether or not the act is consensual, and that makes a huge difference. Do you think raping someone and having sex with someone are the same thing?

Old 05-27-2011, 12:48 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
"Sodomy" just means anal intercourse. It gives no information as to whether or not the act is consensual, and that makes a huge difference. Do you think raping someone and having sex with someone are the same thing?
Do you think a man with his penis in another man's behind is not a homosexual act, whether forced or consensual??...further, what exactly are you talking about, "it gives no information...".

The thread is plainly titled "is a man who rapes another man gay"

Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
A sex act with someone who's got the same sex organs as you have is a homosexual act.

Sure it's rape, but it's also rape committed on someone of the same sex.

You can't pour a jug of neutral on this mess and make the fact disappear that it's same sex behavior.

If he raped a canine, he'd be guilty of bestiality. He'd have to attain some level of sexual arousal to commit the crime of bestiality.
Apple meet orange.

Rape is not necessarily about who you are having sex with, it is about power. Obviously some people here want to focus on homosexual sex like they always do. I'm not here to accommodate these anonymous poster's identity issues or coddle them through some sort of homosexual panic however.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Do you think a man with his penis in another man's behind is not a homosexual act,
And we have a hint of understanding.

Can a straight man commit a homosexual act?
Can a homosexual man commit a straight act?
Can an evil man commit a good act?
Can a good man commit an evil act?

Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
And we have a hint of understanding.

Can a straight man commit a homosexual act?
Can a homosexual man commit a straight act?
Can an evil man commit a good act?
Can a good man commit an evil act?
Yes to all four.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies