Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Don't cut it.
and a poll from kaiser health???

talk about a questionable poll

Kaiser Permanente is an integrated managed care consortium, based in Oakland, California, United States, founded in 1945 by industrialist Henry J. Kaiser and physician Sidney Garfield. Kaiser Permanente is made up of three distinct groups of entities: the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and its regional operating subsidiaries; Kaiser Foundation Hospitals; and the autonomous regional Permanente Medical Groups. As of 2006, Kaiser Permanente operates in nine states and the District of Columbia, and is the largest managed care organization, and the largest medicaid receiver in the United States.

HealthConnect
Deployed across all eight Kaiser regions over six years and at a cost of more than $6 billion dollars, it is currently the largest civilian electronic medical record system(part of the obama electronic medical records program(big brother in medicine)), serving more than 8.6 million Kaiser Permanente members, implemented at a cost exceeding a half million dollars per physician.

are you sure you want to use a poll conducted by them????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
You do realize that the 90 year old your refering to would be on medicare NOT medicaid...big diff.
You do realize that Medicare does not pay for LTC? You also realize that a significant number of elderly in LTC facilities have already used up all their own cash reserves and are on reliant upon Medicaid to pay for their care? Or maybe you don't realize this.

Yes, there is a big difference between Medicaid and Medicare, perhaps you should refresh yourself on those differences instead of smacking yourself in the head and making yourself look like an idiot.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:30 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,225,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and a poll from kaiser health???

talk about a questionable poll

Kaiser Permanente is an integrated managed care consortium, based in Oakland, California, United States, founded in 1945 by industrialist Henry J. Kaiser and physician Sidney Garfield. Kaiser Permanente is made up of three distinct groups of entities: the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and its regional operating subsidiaries; Kaiser Foundation Hospitals; and the autonomous regional Permanente Medical Groups. As of 2006, Kaiser Permanente operates in nine states and the District of Columbia, and is the largest managed care organization, and the largest medicaid receiver in the United States.

HealthConnect
Deployed across all eight Kaiser regions over six years and at a cost of more than $6 billion dollars, it is currently the largest civilian electronic medical record system(part of the obama electronic medical records program(big brother in medicine)), serving more than 8.6 million Kaiser Permanente members, implemented at a cost exceeding a half million dollars per physician.

are you sure you want to use a poll conducted by them????

"KHN [Kaiser Health News] is a major program of the Kaiser Family Foundation"

"The Kaiser Family Foundation is not associated with Kaiser Permanente"

About Kaiser Family Foundation - Kaiser Family Foundation

Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Those who oppose cuts to Medicaid are likely the ones on Medicaid or have a direct family member on it. The recipient class is getting bigger than the donor class... not good for longterm stability and sustainability.
On the contrary, I believe that many on Medicare who believe Medicaid going away wouldn't affect them and may actually be a good idea, are being delusional. Nearly 62% of Medicaid spending is on Medicare enrollees.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
On the contrary, I believe that many on Medicare who believe Medicaid going away wouldn't affect them and may actually be a good idea, are being delusional. Nearly 62% of Medicaid spending is on Medicare enrollees.
So? People CAN be (and often times are) on both Medicare and Medicaid. What is your point?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
So? People CAN be (and often times are) on both Medicare and Medicaid. What is your point?
My point is in my previous post.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:19 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,128,782 times
Quote:
end medicaid NOW

end welfare , and make it workfare

reform medicare( for seniors) so it will last

end ss as we know it, starrt a 'manditory' savings for people (since liberals think that people cant do for thems selves, have the same (or higher) percenatge that is for SS going into a matched 401k.............no more pyramid scheme
Why would I trust those thieves on wall street with the other half of my 401 that they didn't **** away not including the 2.2 trillion in tax welfare bailout for those scumbags? I have no faith in a Wall Street that has more interests in Red China than it does the US. Leave my SS alone.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Why would I trust those thieves on wall street with the other half of my 401 that they didn't **** away not including the 2.2 trillion in tax welfare bailout for those scumbags? I have no faith in a Wall Street that has more interests in Red China than it does the US. Leave my SS alone.
uhm most have made up and exceeded the losses

2. a 401k doent have to be with the wallstreet..it can be in the bond or muni market
3. the government isnt going to have any money..it spent to ss trust fund..and is 14 trillion in debt..what happens when the creditors that we owe call the iou's ??

4. I want to be incontroll of MY money..not some cronie from the government

Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,128,782 times
Quote:
uhm most have made up and exceeded the losses

2. a 401k doent have to be with the wallstreet..it can be in the bond or muni market
3. the government isnt going to have any money..it spent to ss trust fund..and is 14 trillion in debt..what happens when the creditors that we owe call the iou's ??

4. I want to be incontroll of MY money..not some cronie from the government
I've paid into SS sense 1971. I've lost most of my 401k, not to mention an equity loss on property over a quarter million, so I'm pretty damn angry.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:49 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,740 times
Quote:
the gop doesnt plan on cutting ss, or medicare, for TODAT'S seniors or the people over 50 today...

but the programs sure do need to be reformed or else no-one will be able to have them in a couple of years

the gop plan is a smart plan

why dont the 'more intelligent' liberals come up with a plan to make ss/medicare more sustainable...

why cant the liberals figure out that you cant spend if you dont have
Wow, what a horrible post. Yes, it doesn't cut for today's seniors. That tells you something. If the plan were good for seniors, it would take effect more quickly. It's not.

The 'more intelligent' liberals did come up with plans for it. I don't recall the 'less intelligent' conservatives wanting to participate in the healthcare reform bill lest their bear the outrage of the 8th grade education trailer part tea party types.

Incidentally, please name a single conservative administration that didn't run a debt. The mantra in the Bush years when the conservatives had full control of the three pillars of government was debt is ok as long as the economy is growing. They spent freely. Were they liberals too? I seem to recall Reagan running plenty of deficits as well.

It's absolute BS to say that it's a 'liberal' problem. Wow, partisans just can't get anything straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies