Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 06:45 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
A thousand times this. Although if we start with the younger generation in a few decades, we won't need one for the adults.
If THIS doesn't sound like FASCISM, I don't know what does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:03 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Good for you. You punched somebody senseless. Great, violence begetting violence.

Nobody is saying that violence will end. However once you have accepted violence for one group of people, that translates to a whole host of social problems and a fragmented society.

Just simply letting the matter "sort itself out" is why people in the minority often have challenges that go beyond the playground. The bullies grow up, vote, have jobs, some of them become successful. Hence things like Jim Crow, Prop 8, and the fact that the Lilly Leadbetter Act was met with some resistance.

The thing is that society simply cannot function in such a fragmented way. Cohesion is only achieved via education about different types of people.
Often times violence ends any more violence. Politians use that all the time. Now I won't stop you from coddling the violent offenders all you want, and will even wish you good luck on that idea.

But in my life fighting back harder than the bullies can dish it out, almost always stops the violence.

A problem society has is this thing called Paroll. That's fine to a point for non-violent offenders, but not for the violent amoungst us.

When that type is caught and released much like a trout, I think the entire membership of the paroll board should be tried and jailed from the judge who signs off, to the lowest social worker, and as if they commited the act(s) of violence the x con should.

I am not a very soft mannered person, since for all my life I have needed to fight back. Perhaps my one saving grace is I don't take choices, as so many of mine have been.

I even offer violent offenders a choice, to leave and live, or to stay and suffer lethal force.

Naw I didn't punch bigger than me Johnny senceless, I punched him once, broke his nose, knocked out 2 front teeth. That wasn't sencelss a bit, infact I think it knocked some sence in his head. At the time my left leg was in a cast from breaking my leg skiing. Sometimes a real sharp rap on the noggin can wake some people right up.

Now the guy I beat senceless when I was 14 years old, was a man my drunk mother dated.

Before I did, I allowed him to punch all the holes in the kitchen, dinning, room, living room, and cellar stairway he wanted. Then I even allowed him to beat my mother, but when he began to take out the rage on my little brother I ended it with my own rage.

That still ammuses me, looking back. That man had a 3 on the tree Plymouth wagon, in which I dragged him into. Then I drove that car some miles to a new neighborhood where a old stonewall had been opened. I drove that car right up on the end of the wall in such a way that when the car stopped no wheels were touching the ground anymore.

I hopped out and hitch a ride back home.

When the man showed up a little later still weaving from being drunk, his face bloodied assumably from the accident, the cops accused me of doing all of this. I just said; Hey I am a 14 year old kid, and can't drive a standard shift car. End of problem.

In some ways I am gratefull for having that man in my life, since I am expert at fixing holed sheet rock, and wall papering.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:08 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Some of us do not wish to accept certain lifestyles as normal; that's "intolerant," "ignorant," etc.
Some of you do not wish to accept religion, for example, as acceptable; that's "commendable," "open-minded," etc.

Funny how things change to suit a certain mindset.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:12 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Some of us do not wish to accept certain lifestyles as normal; that's "intolerant," "ignorant," etc.
Some of you do not wish to accept religion as acceptable; that's "commendable," "open-minded," etc.

Yes, it is funny. Laws cannot be based solely on religious beliefs. That is the law.

There is no such law prohibiting good people from teaching other people how to be good, as long as it is not based solely on religion, because that is against the law.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
Yes, it is funny. Laws cannot be based solely on religious beliefs. That is the law.

There is no such law prohibiting good people from teaching other people how to be good, as long as it is not based solely on religion, because that is against the law.
You know, I bet Hitler also thought he was doing "good" when he used the German Children/Schools to promote his Nazi plan.

The Road to He!! is paved with "good" intentions.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Some of you do not wish to accept religion, for example, as acceptable; that's "commendable," "open-minded," etc.

Interesting points.

Lets see, Liberals are for gay unions but not for religions.
They are for tolerance, until they get what ever it is they wanted. Then they are for 0 Tolerance.

They want to ban guns and violence, but everyone must toe the line for Peace, when there has never been Peace in man since the dawn of time.

That rather than get this supposed education, and then work for profit, to tax those that do, and live off entitlements the Govt gives them.

The call for bans on the real renewable resources, like leather and fur, but call recycled plastics renewable.

Gasoline, diesel fuel, and oil are bad, but plastics made of the same thing is good. Further more electric items are good because they are 'clean', but it isn't clean, Dams flood dry land with plants and trees, and cause methane gas and other gasses to be made, the same ones that are said to be bad..

I think I see now.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:41 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post

I'm not talking about teaching religion.
I'm talking about general statements about religion ("nonsense," "fairy tales," etc)

Surely tolerance works both ways? But, sadly, no.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:55 AM

ALL THE, Are you aware that most people don't know who it is on the one dollar bill? Once i watch Jay Leno ask people on the street, and I was shocked no one knew.......

Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 AM

315 posts, read 366,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
If THIS doesn't sound like FASCISM, I don't know what does.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Old 05-27-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
And what do YOU think it means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies