Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 12:11 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Don't knock 'em...azzholes have a right to voice their opinions.
And everyone has the right to knock 'em too. It's a vicious cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 12:30 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
I voted for Nader but Obama's rhetoric gave me chills. The good kind of chills. After the previous idiot, Obama had a vision worth supporting. Unfortunately, Bush2's handlers (the same who handled his father as well as Clinton) have learned much over the last half century. They know what words to put in a candidate's mouth and how to make things look nearly or exactly the opposite of what they really are. The sneaky underhanded ways in which Bush2's cronies got what they wanted has been honed to perfection under Obama. The secretive rich and elite puppetmasters are getting away with crimes of the centuries right under our broken noses.

I trusted Nader to expose the corruption and bring back power to the people, but I fell like millions of others did for the more eloquent words coming out of Obama's mouth and, for once, felt my paranoia (Who said I was paranoid?) might have been just an illusion. But to clarify, I still voted for Nader and will again.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:43 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
I thought,

"it's gonna be nice to have a president who will NOT suggest using the refrigerators and T.V.s that some redneck threw in the creek as 'fish cover'.
It will be nice to have my friends who need health insurance to be able to afford to buy, or a national health plan.
It will be nice to have President who will work for improved environmental protection.
It will be nice to have a President who speaks with eloquence.
It will be nice to have a President who doesn't squawk when he talks. (are you listening Sarah? You squawk like a chicken getting ready to plucked)
It will be nice to have a First Lady who doesn't have that F'N demure smile like Laura Bush's.
It will be nice to have a President looks, thinks and acts more like me.

I voted for him in 08' and I will vote for him in 12'. He WILL win. No one wants your lame brained Palin, your in desparate need of a labotomy Bachman, your so 1995 eye of Newt, your, ewohhhhh, way to Morman for 'Christian AmerKKKa Mitt Romney, or your foot in the mouth Pawlenty.

Repubs, you got nothing for 2012. Nada, nil, naught. No serious contenders, LMFAO.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:14 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
thinking "god, don't let Mc stain, and sarah failin get in there."

Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I voted for Nader but Obama's rhetoric gave me chills. The good kind of chills. After the previous idiot, Obama had a vision worth supporting. Unfortunately, Bush2's handlers (the same who handled his father as well as Clinton) have learned much over the last half century. They know what words to put in a candidate's mouth and how to make things look nearly or exactly the opposite of what they really are. The sneaky underhanded ways in which Bush2's cronies got what they wanted has been honed to perfection under Obama. The secretive rich and elite puppetmasters are getting away with crimes of the centuries right under our broken noses.

I trusted Nader to expose the corruption and bring back power to the people, but I fell like millions of others did for the more eloquent words coming out of Obama's mouth and, for once, felt my paranoia (Who said I was paranoid?) might have been just an illusion. But to clarify, I still voted for Nader and will again.
I think that is the attraction of the obvious outsiders like Nader, Paul Kucinich, Paul and even Palin. People know that these politicians will not be as easily controlled as Bush, Clinton, 0bama, which is why the Democratic Party and Republican Party elites (puppetmasters) cannot stand them.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I thought,

"it's gonna be nice to have a president who will NOT suggest using the refrigerators and T.V.s that some redneck threw in the creek as 'fish cover'.
It will be nice to have my friends who need health insurance to be able to afford to buy, or a national health plan.
It will be nice to have President who will work for improved environmental protection.
It will be nice to have a President who speaks with eloquence.
It will be nice to have a President who doesn't squawk when he talks. (are you listening Sarah? You squawk like a chicken getting ready to plucked)
It will be nice to have a First Lady who doesn't have that F'N demure smile like Laura Bush's.

I voted for him in 08' and I will vote for him in 12'. He WILL win. No one wants your lame brained Palin, your in desparate need of a labotomy Bachman, your so 1995 eye of Newt, your, ewohhhhh, way to Morman for 'Christian AmerKKKa Mitt Romney, or your foot in the mouth Pawlenty.
So, you voted for 0bama for silly, nit-noid, and superficial reasons? Well, no wonder incompetence, lying and misleading the public are of no concern, you are caught up in the cult of personally.

Quote:
Repubs, you got nothing for 2012. Nada, nil, naught. No serious contenders, LMFAO.
Yepperz, I mean who can compete with 9% unemployment, a third war in the ME, $14 trillion in debt, trillions more dollar deficits each year, tens of billions in corporate crony capitalism, a stagnant economy, 70 games of golf in 28 months, including golfing on Memorial Day in 2009 and 2011, and who can forget thousands of waivers for his signature legislation for businesses to prevent their collapse. Oh yeah, even Trump could have beaten 0bama.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Of course any white person who says this would be a racist?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,965 times
Its really scary and odd that as bad as Obama is according to people that the Republicans have worse candidates and no true viable candidate with 2012 soon coming.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Its really scary and odd that as bad as Obama is according to people that the Republicans have worse candidates and no true viable candidate with 2012 soon coming.
In many cases Republicans are as ignorant as Democrats when it comes to picking candidates. There are only a few candidates out there like Ron Paul who want to really fix problems instead of making them worse. The American voting populous is pretty ignorant when it comes to electing Presidents. We have millions of idiots who vote for the guy who reads off of his teleprompter the best or the guy who looks most like me.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:55 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I was thinking he's just another political hack but he's still a better choice than the tired, fear-mongering old man and the ditz.
Ron Paul ran as a Libertarian, you had the option to vote for him.

Think outside of the box for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies