Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 10:26 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,251 times

Advertisements

It is a national disgrace and complete policy failure that obama has not militarily taken action to destroy the syrian regime. This is an opportunity to rid the world of one of its worst cancers - and he goes and bombs libya.

Libya, apparently, has oil so the true manager of this nation - exxon - can get new contracts once the khadafi regime is overthrown, this whole libyan freedom things i pure nonsense, it was to remove an obstacle from exxon dominating the oil industry there.

Syria is the poodle of iran, who is the world's #1 sponsor of state terrorism, and we could be doing far more to aid in the assad regime's collapse.

As usual, obama dithers while the capital burns...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 10:41 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
It is a national disgrace and complete policy failure that obama has not militarily taken action to destroy the syrian regime. This is an opportunity to rid the world of one of its worst cancers - and he goes and bombs libya.

Libya, apparently, has oil so the true manager of this nation - exxon - can get new contracts once the khadafi regime is overthrown, this whole libyan freedom things i pure nonsense, it was to remove an obstacle from exxon dominating the oil industry there.

Syria is the poodle of iran, who is the world's #1 sponsor of state terrorism, and we could be doing far more to aid in the assad regime's collapse.

Something tells me that if Obama took action against Syria, you would have a problem with it. That's the new GOP attack line. Complain Obama doesn't do something, then when he does, complain that he is doing something.

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You and others ignore that Andy Stern, Richard Trumpka, Bill Ayers/Bernadine Dohrn have been working behind the scenes for years. The CIA has been stirring this pot for decades. It was anything but "organic".

I thought winter began when Israel launches the first nuke to defend itself.
Hahahaahah. From the esteemed World Nuts Daily (the most biased news source ever created):

Quote:
Weatherman terrorists Williams Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn – close associates for years of President Obama – were involved in provoking chaos on the streets of Egypt this week in an attempt to enter the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip to join in solidarity with the territory's population and leadership.

Read more: Ayers, Dohrn stir chaos in Middle East Ayers, Dohrn stir chaos in Middle East
First off, they lie by claiming Ayers has been a close associate of Obama's for years (they were on the board of a far conservative education program together).

Secondly, their participation (if true) does not, in fact, mean that they somehow orchestrated the whole thing from behind the scenes. This is classic WND / Beck - find two loosely associated people/ideas and try to link them together into some vast conspiracy.

Third, do you really think there is some secret conspiracy to bring peace and democracy to the Middle East? Have you begun your investigations into Tony Blair yet? This has been on the agenda for many decades. The fact that Obama's part of a period where it's gotten further than ever before is nothing to hold against him.

Fourth, it sounds like you all prefer abusive dictators over people's freedom of choice. Perhaps it's because you've lived in one state your entire life, but many political parties form in the upheaval of change, even in the United States. That doesn't mean they get into power. Trust the people in an advanced nation to make the best choice for themselves. Even if some radical group gets power for a little while, the long-term prospects are in the favor of sensible self-governance.

I can't believe you all are advocating for brutal dictatorships.

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
If you want to know where Obama came by the term Arab Spring you need look no further than this person:
Khalidi and Obama: kindred spirits [Martin Kramer's Sandbox]

HANANIA: Who is Rashid Khalidi and why is he a factor in the presidential election? FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 10-30-08 « Arab Writers Group Syndicate (http://arabwritersgroup.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/hanania-who-is-rashid-khalidi-and-why-is-he-a-factor-in-the-presidential-election-for-immediate-release-10-30-08/ - broken link)

What do Rashid Khalidi and Sirhan Sirhan have in common? Ayers and Obama : NO QUARTER
The Khalidi - Obama article convinced me of many things that few libs here will want to believe.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Translation: deflect thread, do not address topic.
That is THEIR main tactic and tool. Some of them are quite good at that deflection and then some of them are more transparent than is our federal government.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwyck View Post
The Arab/Muslim world, especially the Palestinian Arabs, and the Nazis:
there is a well-documented history of the thriving relationship between the Arab/Muslim world and Nazi Germany, with perhaps the most significant figure linking Hitler to the Middle East being none other the leader of the Palestinian Arabs, Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin el-Husseini. Here is a brief review of that dark, overlooked chapter in history.
The Arab/Muslim Nazi Connection - Anti-Semitism and Holocaust

A picture taken in 1943 of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin el-Husseini reviewing Bosnian-Muslim troops - a unit of the "Hanjar (Saber) Division" of the Waffen SS which he personally recruited for Hitler.
So much information available that exposes this kind of thing to attach it all to what is happening in Egypt and yet THEY try to spin us away from it. Nice try and I surely hope you have influenced some of THEM but I doubt it.

We have to remember that it was Our Glorious Leader who started that Muslim Spring thing during the early days of the Egyptian uprising and I really think he knew that the Muslim Brotherhood was ready to take over Egypt through elections.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post

And the burning is gaining speed with passing time. The saddest part of it all is that the MSM refuses to spread the word to those who only get their news from that MSM.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Hahahaahah. From the esteemed World Nuts Daily (the most biased news source ever created):

First off, they lie by claiming Ayers has been a close associate of Obama's for years (they were on the board of a far conservative education program together).

Secondly, their participation (if true) does not, in fact, mean that they somehow orchestrated the whole thing from behind the scenes. This is classic WND / Beck - find two loosely associated people/ideas and try to link them together into some vast conspiracy.

Third, do you really think there is some secret conspiracy to bring peace and democracy to the Middle East? Have you begun your investigations into Tony Blair yet? This has been on the agenda for many decades. The fact that Obama's part of a period where it's gotten further than ever before is nothing to hold against him.

Fourth, it sounds like you all prefer abusive dictators over people's freedom of choice. Perhaps it's because you've lived in one state your entire life, but many political parties form in the upheaval of change, even in the United States. That doesn't mean they get into power. Trust the people in an advanced nation to make the best choice for themselves. Even if some radical group gets power for a little while, the long-term prospects are in the favor of sensible self-governance.

I can't believe you all are advocating for brutal dictatorships.
I can't believe that you want to use the story about Ayers and Obama only being together on that now and then meeting group. Why don't you ever mention the fact that Obama began his political career in the home of Ayers-Dorhrn at a party where he announced his candidacy for the Illinois legislature. Is that just news that comes from blogs on the right? Answer the question and make yourself some level of liar.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:18 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can't believe that you want to use the story about Ayers and Obama only being together on that now and then meeting group. Why don't you ever mention the fact that Obama began his political career in the home of Ayers-Dorhrn at a party where he announced his candidacy for the Illinois legislature. Is that just news that comes from blogs on the right? Answer the question and make yourself some level of liar.
Yes, it is right-wing propaganda, which is just as bad as left-wing propaganda. Your lack of independent analysis continues to be your downfall. Obama met him for the first time as a guest of someone else that evening you mention:

Quote:
Obama and Ayers first met in 1995[15] when Ayers and Dohrn hosted a small gathering at their home in the Hyde Park section of Chicago, the neighborhood in which the Obamas lived,[2] at which then-state Senator Alice J. Palmer introduced Barack Obama to the group as her chosen successor for the 1996 Democratic primary.
Quote:
Investigations by The New York Times, CNN, and other news organizations concluded that Obama does not have a close relationship with Ayers.[2][3][4] Ayers served on two nonprofit boards with Obama. Both Ayers and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn, hosted a gathering at their home in 1995,[5] where Alice Palmer introduced Obama as her chosen successor in the Illinois State Senate.[3][6]
Quote:
The New York Times
Quote:
reported that Obama did not have a significant relationship with Ayers.[2] According to several sources, Ayers played no role in starting Obama's career, which was primarily launched when Deborah Leff, then president of the Joyce Foundation, suggested Obama be appointed as chairman of the six-member board that oversaw the distribution of grants in Chicago.[2]
In a November 2008 interview, Ayers said that he knew Obama only slightly: “I think my relationship with Obama was probably like that of thousands of others in Chicago and, like millions and millions of others, I wished I knew him better.”[21]

Now that you've been thoroughly owned on that point, let's get back to the topic.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Yes, it is right-wing propaganda, which is just as bad as left-wing propaganda. Your lack of independent analysis continues to be your downfall. Obama met him for the first time as a guest of someone else that evening you mention:

Now that you've been thoroughly owned on that point, let's get back to the topic.
Hell, Ayers wished he had blown up more people and buildings so maybe wishing he knew Obama better is the same kind of wish.

When somebody comes to your house for political reasons, as happened in that little meeting that night I would think you would want to know who is coming. Your quotes from the NYT don't mean a lot to me because of what they are doing all the time. The NYT just leans a bit too far left for me to accept their story much of the time.

You have owned nobody with that post but keep hoping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies