Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

I think it is the liberal media along with the establishment people from both sides. It is past time for us to select the candidate and watch the establishment people whine and howl but fail to do what they try to do every election year. Here is a man who agrees with me completely.

Don't Let Liberal Establishment Choose Our Candidates - Page 1 - David Limbaugh - Townhall Conservative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think it is the liberal media along with the establishment people from both sides. It is past time for us to select the candidate and watch the establishment people whine and howl but fail to do what they try to do every election year. Here is a man who agrees with me completely.

Don't Let Liberal Establishment Choose Our Candidates - Page 1 - David Limbaugh - Townhall Conservative
Yes, the "Liberal media." "Because Talk Radio, The Washington Times, The Weekly Standard, The Wall Street Journal, Rightwing Blogs, Fox News and NewsCorp are not part of the media."

Old 05-27-2011, 11:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Yes, the "Liberal media." "Because Talk Radio, The Washington Times, The Weekly Standard, The Wall Street Journal, Rightwing Blogs, Fox News and NewsCorp are not part of the media."
They surely aren't part of the liberal MSM, are they.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:48 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
You certainly are not asking me, because a question ends with a question mark.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:13 AM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Its the GOP Primary voters that make the selection, and well they are the ones listening to the talk show hosts, watching Fox, etc....

Aside from that, who would you pick as the nominee?

Old 05-28-2011, 04:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

The reason Ron Paul didn't get air time last election cycle.
The left fear Mr. Paul.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:13 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
Quote:
I believe his point was that they are part of the conservative MSM. One can't seriously consider those outlets to be on the fringes of society.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:12 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:

LOL, why not learn alittle about our election process. Since from a past post you stated you have been around for 80 years, you figured you would have learned something by now.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:48 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:

Wow amazing you have finally woken up after voting year after year for the establishment's candidate. HMMM, I wonder have you become a Paul supporter or joined a 3rd party?

Also, if you look at Limbaugh's OP closely you will notice he does the exact same thing he accusses the media of doing :

Quote:
I haven't decided whom I will support for the GOP nomination this early in the field. I like Palin, Cain, Ryan, Rick Perry, Santorum, Pawlenty, John Bolton and Bachmann, among others. But I sure won't let the liberal media or establishment types color my thinking about it.
Do you see where Limbaugh is trying to steer you Roy ? Right into the loving arms of the neo cons and the establishment. You be honest for a change and name one person from the above that is not a neo con or part of the establishment. Did you notice that he left Paul's name off the list?

There you go Roy, you have found your candidate in Paul if you were serious about not letting the establishment pick your candidate. Don't worry we all know you weren't And why in the hell would a educated man of 80 listen to a couple of phony gas bags like the Limbaugh's.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Amazing, slam the Liberal Media by quoting the Right-wing Media and no one sees the Hypocracy here?
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies