Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 07:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,780,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why should we?

We are a HUGE majority.
Isn't it ironic that with wealth and power civilizations always become arrogant and complacent. Generally they tend to fall shortly after. History shows this happening over and over, yet people still follow the same pathes over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 07:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,923,469 times
So I have to pay for a $500,000 shed just to live in "liberal" Berkly or some other "liberal" shore in order to escape the Christian iron fist. Okay, sounds very fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Apparently you've never been to San Francisco, Berkely, Long Beach on the Shore, North Hollywood, or Venice Beach. If you want to be surrounded by uber liberal heads in the cloud ideolgists... visit those cities and you'll be in bliss.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:34 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,817,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Isn't it ironic that with wealth and power civilizations always become arrogant and complacent. Generally they tend to fall shortly after. History shows this happening over and over, yet people still follow the same pathes over and over again.
Very true. Look at the fall of the Roman Empire for example. Decadency and hedonism eventually took over and destroyed their civilization.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:39 PM

119 posts, read 362,245 times
LOL "to escape the Christian iron fist". Move to any liberal area, or a big city and you will not have that religious presence. You obviously haven't traveled much if you think all of America is "Bible thumpin". Rural areas are going to be more religious than cities, even in the South (although the South is still very religious).

Old 05-28-2011, 07:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
So, Westboro Baptist are the only real christians then. I know what christians tell me about christianity and versions differ literally person to person. I don't have to be christian to have ears. Like I said, only in very small, immigrant populated areas are they not the majority.
I think like so many you just every oppotunity to be anti-christian really.To me anyoe who actaully believe i god the father and jeus as the savior is a christian whather they attend church very sunday or not.One can believe and accept chriat and prey withi his own home as well as live the chriatian life as commandmentsts without belonging to a church.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:44 PM

119 posts, read 362,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnii like so mnay you just likie every oppotunity to be anti-christian really.
Yes many on here are just trying to make us look stupid and bash Christianity at any chance they get. Whatever, being a Christian does not make me a bad person!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:03 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,502,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think like so many you just every oppotunity to be anti-christian really.To me anyoe who actaully believe i god the father and jeus as the savior is a christian whather they attend church very sunday or not.One can believe and accept chriat and prey withi his own home as well as live the chriatian life as commandmentsts without belonging to a church.
I'm not anti-christian, I'm anti-adult fairytales. When adults believe that life is just a pit stop to some better imaginary world, that's a problem. It gives people cause to do vile things because this life means nothing.

You and Mississippi Mama disagree then because she has specific stipulatiuons "real christians" must follow outside of believing in jesus. Nice example of what I mentioned earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Mamma View Post
Yes many on here are just trying to make us look stupid and bash Christianity at any chance they get. Whatever, being a Christian does not make me a bad person!
It's not hard to make adults who believe in magic look stupid. All I have to do is refer to the bible itself, it's a ridiculous book full of magical nonsense.

Christianity does not make you a bad person, just brainwashed.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:26 PM

37,120 posts, read 42,178,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Mamma View Post
You cannot be a real Christian if you do not follow the bible and have religion as a part of your life. You are not a Christian if you go to church a few times a year and then do not follow religion any other times. Who are you to tell other Christians what you know about Christianity if you are not a Christian?
You don't have to go to church to be a christian. And please explain what you do on a day to day basis to 'follow the bible'. I think most people who consider themselves REAL christians just like to talk about how others aren't, thats the only difference. I also think if you are talking about behavior then I would out-christian everyone, and I'm agnostic.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,780,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You don't have to go to church to be a christian. And please explain what you do on a day to day basis to 'follow the bible'. I think most people who consider themselves REAL christians just like to talk about how others aren't, thats the only difference. I also think if you are talking about behavior then I would out-christian everyone, and I'm agnostic.
Biblically speaking, Jesus said "there's no way to God except through me". There are no stipulations, if, ands' or buts' with regards to salvation itself. Catholics believe that they can sin, confess, wipe the slate clean and then start over. Some abuse this, most do not.

I've decided that being a member of a church, after being a member of several, is far from necessary to be saved or walking with Jesus. Sometimes a church can get in the way of that walk. Mathew "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

The premise of a church is to tithe to your teacher and donate to the poor. Something else that has been abused by the clergy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So I have to pay for a $500,000 shed just to live in "liberal" Berkly or some other "liberal" shore in order to escape the Christian iron fist. Okay, sounds very fair.
If you feel the need to surround yourself with anti-religious extreme liberalism... you have more to worry about than the price of a home. BTW... $500k would only buy the garage. Liberals pay BIG BUCKS to keep themselves surrounded by other liberals. It'll cost you to do it, sorry.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-28-2011 at 11:28 PM..

Old 05-28-2011, 11:52 PM

764 posts, read 596,911 times
Straight white Christians are TIRED of being pushed around, damn it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies