Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,757,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Put fear into your flock,
a heavier collection basket,
buys a better frock.

Philip Maise
Reminds me of a gift once donated incrementally to the Catholic Church that came to take on bizarre meanings contrary to Christianity.
Papal Tiara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Pope John Paul II told the congregation at his Inauguration [1]:
“ The last Pope to be crowned was Paul VI in 1963, but after the solemn coronation ceremony he never used the tiara again and left his Successors free to decide in this regard. Pope John Paul I, whose memory is so vivid in our hearts, did not wish to have the tiara; nor does his Successor wish it today. This is not the time to return to a ceremony and an object considered, wrongly, to be a symbol of the temporal power of the Popes. Our time calls us, urges us, obliges us to gaze on the Lord and immerse ourselves in humble and devout meditation on the mystery of the supreme power of Christ himself".
Still there remains outcry among rabid right wingers claiming the Papacy abandoned the keys of St Peter (the core teachings of Jesus) because the Pope refused to adorn himself with a symbolic construct, the trappings of materialism, and put the cash value of that Tiara directly to work for the poor. They claim to be traditionalists and conservatives, but the decision of the Pope predates the tradition they're claiming to defend, so who is more conservative & intent on preserving the integrity of religion than a man labeled liberal by false conservatives?

Bizarre accusations of anti pope coming from self identified Catholics. Wouldn't you say? Or you can't say because you know nothing about real Catholics?

Really comes down to what story do you most want to believe. There's no shortage of hate speech directed at sincerely practicing Catholics coming from self declared Baptists. A declaration of religion doesn't mean a whole hill of beans if your actions betray something entirely different.

I once heard a story, I forget where, about a Muslims impression of Christianity. He walked into a Church and saw people worshiping a reinactment of a gruesome torture scene. They were asking a dead man on a stick for grace and favor if only they would torture themselves and others in some freakish faustian bargain. That's not my faith. That isn't what I'm doing. Those aren't my values. It's what a man walking by made up as fact because he didn't bother to ask what I was doing or why I was doing it.

Folks are free to be as ignorant as they like, their communities be damned led around by the nose right beside them, but they're not free to make stuff up and peddle it as fact. Gee, I wonder where faux news gets it's habits from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,024,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Catholics have traditionally voted Democrat more than Republican.
I can see that coming to a quick end.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:40 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,388,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Actually, many Christian churches are very liberal in that they are pro-choice (or neutral), tolerant of homosexuality and support illegal immigrant "rights".
All good things.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:44 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,156,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Actually, many Christian churches are very liberal in that they are pro-choice (or neutral), tolerant of homosexuality ...
Then they are not following the clear teachings of the Bible and God's laws. They are "Christian" in name only. Murder and homosexuality are condemned by God.

Illegal aliens is a political issue and has no rightful place in a worship service.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 PM

76 posts, read 111,998 times
Dominionism comes to mind when this question is asked; "to have dominance," which has been the phylosophy of consevatism, and why not..........one needs control over others to exploit them.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:46 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,388,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Then they are not following the clear teachings of the Bible and God's laws. They are "Christian" in name only. Murder and homosexuality are condemned by God.

Illegal aliens is a political issue and has no rightful place in a worship service.
No, they are condemned by YOU.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:18 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,156,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
No, they are condemned by YOU.
I must have hit a nerve. Are you a homosexual or a murderer? Or both?

Old 08-16-2011, 04:08 AM

26,972 posts, read 15,187,034 times
Must be something in there he doesn't like.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,313,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Reminds me of a gift once donated incrementally to the Catholic Church that came to take on bizarre meanings contrary to Christianity.
Papal Tiara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still there remains outcry among rabid right wingers claiming the Papacy abandoned the keys of St Peter (the core teachings of Jesus) because the Pope refused to adorn himself with a symbolic construct, the trappings of materialism, and put the cash value of that Tiara directly to work for the poor. They claim to be traditionalists and conservatives, but the decision of the Pope predates the tradition they're claiming to defend, so who is more conservative & intent on preserving the integrity of religion than a man labeled liberal by false conservatives?

Bizarre accusations of anti pope coming from self identified Catholics. Wouldn't you say? Or you can't say because you know nothing about real Catholics?

Really comes down to what story do you most want to believe. There's no shortage of hate speech directed at sincerely practicing Catholics coming from self declared Baptists. A declaration of religion doesn't mean a whole hill of beans if your actions betray something entirely different.

I once heard a story, I forget where, about a Muslims impression of Christianity. He walked into a Church and saw people worshiping a reinactment of a gruesome torture scene. They were asking a dead man on a stick for grace and favor if only they would torture themselves and others in some freakish faustian bargain. That's not my faith. That isn't what I'm doing. Those aren't my values. It's what a man walking by made up as fact because he didn't bother to ask what I was doing or why I was doing it.

Folks are free to be as ignorant as they like, their communities be damned led around by the nose right beside them, but they're not free to make stuff up and peddle it as fact. Gee, I wonder where faux news gets it's habits from?
They're not anti-popes because they no longer wear the tiara or have a coronation ceremony. They're anti-popes because they're hetetics, modernists, masons and suspected jews as in Wojtyla and Montini through their mothers. The discarding of the incidentals doesn't make them anti-popes but merely are indicators for those, "who have eyes and can see" of what we're dealing with.

~The Pope In Red - Home Page~

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/***_ex.html (broken link)

http://www.novusordowatch.org/refini...eat_facade.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies