Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 03:16 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerode View Post
seriously, being a liberal i loved Anthony Weiner. But he was on the Rachel Maddow show the other night, and he straight up lied to her about 20 times. Lied to one of his biggest defenders. And I actually believed him when he said he was hacked. But to lie to people who worked their ass off to defend you makes you lose all credibility in my eyes. The fact that he's not resigning makes him come off as even more of an egomaniac, I mean seriously, he spent THIRTY minutes talking to press? That should of been 10 minutes max. More proof that this was all about him.

Damn it. I Liked the fact that he went after republicans... but this is too much. He should really resign.
Or, he really should resign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 03:17 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Ok you guys hold your breath and see if NY'ers are outraged about this and mount a recall .

He did something dumb. Was embarrassed and lied to a reporter on TV?

He lied to his constituents and the nation. What else can he/has he lied about? Can you trust a thing he says after this?

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Breitfart still lied. It's Breitfart, are you kidding me? Now we can say, they are both liars.

While you finish wiping that egg off your face, perhaps you could explain how Breitbart is a liar and the liberal propaganda machine has any credibility whatsoever.

4 posts, read 10,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Or, he really should resign.
that too

Old 06-06-2011, 03:18 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
<snip>How about a big apology to Breitbart?
He did....

Old 06-06-2011, 03:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Weiner is a great representative for the people of NY. No reason for him to resign. He did not commit a crime and it is between him and his wife. Unless another individual...adult or a child was molested I can see no reason for him to resign. As for Breitbart, he is no more than a bottom feeder that makes his living off of taking jabs at others. I'd like to get a look at his online chatting history. Who give a damn what anyone does in their private time and lives, especially if they never claimed to be or ran on a platform of being a "family values good christian preaching conservative hypocrite".

Old 06-06-2011, 03:20 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
If taking pictures of your junk makes you a "scumbag" to you fine.

To me its odd.. but nothing worth complaining over assuming the recipient was an adult and is not complaining about it.

Weiner has admitted at the press conference that he didn't know the age of the recipient.

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
How "young" is the "young woman" who came forward?
26 years old.

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
The Right is justified in criticizing his hypocrisy but the Left has a point too. Sorry but sending pics over the internet is much more benign than having an affair with a woman in South America and not telling anyone about it or a Minister who runs on family values and then cheats on his spouse.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:21 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
He lied to his constituents and the nation. What else can he/has he lied about? Can you trust a thing he says after this?

Politicians lie? I'm shocked.

Bill Clinton is the most popular politician in this country and guess what...he lied.

Maybe if the Republicans dropped the holier than thou attitude they would be allowed to make mistakes without getting ripped apart...then again its you guys ripping apart your own people.

And to the people thinking this is gonna be an ELECTION ISSUE...are you serious?

The same people that think the killing of bin laden will fade away in a year think this is gonna last a year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies