Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 04:03 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Its truely pathetic, you could tell the man was lying. "my computer was hacked" Give me a break, just come out and say you made a freakin mistake. Sorry guys your gonna hate me for saying this but....Typical man....Caught red handed and the best he could come up with is a BS LIE...

Exactly the lie was obvious from the beginning.

When asked if it was him..he said "I don't believe so?"

If someone asks me if something is a picture of my junk...I'm gonna have a definitive yes or no answer.

I don't know how many of you calling for resignation are

A.) Feigning outrage
B.) Naive
C.) Truly liked the man and disappointed in his behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 04:05 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
You are kidding right? Did you by chance read Arnold's thread that was going on? Why are liberals so blind? NO ONE MAKES EXCUSES FOR THIS-it's disgusting and he should resign-anyone should resign when they are caught doing this crap-why should he resign-because the TAXPAYERS pay for his travel his phone...and his BS!!!

I don't believe he should resign because of the bad judgement of sending the photo, I do however believe he should finish out his term and not seek re-election because his credibility is gone. This to me was NOT a big issue when it first occured, the continuous LIE and dance is where the issue is.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Especially when you're a geeky Jewish boy who probably couldn't get a date in your entire high school career, the fawning and adulation by young women can be a very heady and enticing thing. I'm not at all surprised he let himself get caught up in it.
Right- who in their right mind would expect a "geeky Jewish boy" to act like a real adult at the tender age of 46??? Give the poor kid some time to grow up!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:06 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
You are kidding right? Did you by chance read Arnold's thread that was going on? Why are liberals so blind? NO ONE MAKES EXCUSES FOR THIS-it's disgusting and he should resign-anyone should resign when they are caught doing this crap-why should he resign-because the TAXPAYERS pay for his travel his phone...and his BS!!!
EXACTLY RIGHT

What happens when he starts making bad judgements in law making? How about a bad judgement in passing a law for that acreage in the Catskils. What about a favor here for a favor there? Seriously, bad judgement at home translates to even worse judgement at work.

To me, the bottom line is this guy has always had the biggest mouth, screaming outrage, the loudest voice in the room accussing others of exactly what he has been doing. You know the old adage that "Every guilty person is his own hangman". Nothing like an old quote being proven true once again.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-06-2011 at 04:15 PM..

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
We'll see complete acceptance from the mainscream news. They will sugar coat this thing until every Liberal in NY is in love with the "Weiner" again.
Where he went wrong was the lying.

The revealinng of hte member?

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Sadly, you are short sighted and fail to see the implications of accepting this behavior from a high ranking politician. If Frank had been booted back in 92' we probably wouldn't have had such fiscal insanity.
That's a ridiculous claim on its face, not to mention an absurd conclusion to jump to. As if our fiscal problems rested entirely on Barney Frank's shoulders, not to mention, even if Frank had been booted, you have no way of knowing with whom he would have been replaced, let alone what policies they'd have put in place.

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Exactly the lie was obvious from the beginning.

When asked if it was him..he said "I don't believe so?"

If someone asks me if something is a picture of my junk...I'm gonna have a definitive yes or no answer.

I don't know how many of you calling for resignation are

A.) Feigning outrage
B.) Naive
C.) Truly liked the man and disappointed in his behavior.

Actually he said he couldn't say with certainty that it wasn't him. Weiner has been walking around with a shovel, thigh high boots and a hard hat for over a week.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Engaging in this behavior after he was married was his biggest sin. He gave himself an erection, took a photograph of it and intended to send it to a young college woman (though it never got to her directly because he accidentally posted it publicly instead). And it wasn't a one-time thing. He was stripping down and fondling himself, photographing it and sending these explicit images to women who were not his wife. Before he was married? Who cares. "Sext" all you want. But after taking those vows before G-d? He'd be out on his @ss so fast if he were my husband it would make his head spin. I'm not shocked in the least. Especially when you're a geeky Jewish boy who probably couldn't get a date in your entire high school career, the fawning and adulation by young women can be a very heady and enticing thing. I'm not at all surprised he let himself get caught up in it. There's an element of excitement in it that cannot be denied.

But then he got married and agreed to "forsake all others". When you get married you give up every sexual "relationship" you have with every woman you engaged in those relationships with who aren't your wife. He said his vows and kept right on stroking his schlong for other women online. Nasty.

And I think his constituents will ultimately agree. There are state-level Democrats in his District who will gladly run against him in the next Primary and they will use this indiscretion to discredit his truthfulness. And whoever it is, if they are scandal-free, they will win.
Weiner is actually Italian/Jewish. Nevertheless, he was an idiot, but he is a great representative and I guess his constituency will have the final word in the next election. I will certainly vote for him again. I agree and I have said so in an earlier post, it is between him and his spouse.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:08 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Weiner wasn't very good at lying. Actually, in some sense that's refreshing. If we had all members of Congress who are really good at lying resign, we wouldn't have many left.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:08 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
I've remained quiet on this. I assumed that Weiner had sent a naughty picture to someone. Saying your twitter account was hacked isn't exactly a good excuse.

But honestly, what is it any of anyone elses business? The news loves this kind of stuff. Weiner isn't my representative, I don't live in New York, and even if I did his personal life is none of my business.

Now, if Rep Weiner had lead a panel demonizing people who had affairs or sent naughty pictures, I'd feel different. Much like representatives coming out publicly against homosexuals, then proving themselves to be homosexuals.

I don't like the fact he lied about it though, he should have been honest from the beginning. But seriously, what politician doesn't deny until they can go no further with it. Just look at Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies