Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I just read the link you provided of this person's opinion, and didn't see anything proving that liberals view women as stupid.

Did I miss it?

The person is writing about a woman who accused the R's of not liking women. I don't understand how you get the name of your thread from that.
The title of the link that I am not sure you read is the very same as the one I used here. Early in the link the man said that recently libs have been putting out commercials that try to victimize women and before the commercial ends they try to save the women they mention.

Really I am not at all sure you read the link. If you did it was with very selective reading of only the parts you wanted to read.

The sixth paragraph of the article says this: "To the left, women are just another group, like ethnicities, and sexual identities, that they believe they can victimize--then rescue, all in the matter of the twenty-second soundbite."

Please read every word in that short paragraph and then tell me you didn't see what the man said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 10:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Correct, Palin said I'm qualified to be Vice President because I can see Russia from Alaska.
I just don't remember the woman saying that left leaning quote at all. Could you show us from a real source that she said those words? It is time for you to get it done.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I just don't remember the woman saying that left leaning quote at all. Could you show us from a real source that she said those words? It is time for you to get it done.
Gladly!

Page 3: EXCERPTS: Charlie Gibson Interviews Sarah Palin - ABC News

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

But here's what Palin said when CBS's Katie Couric asked how her proximity to Russia gave her foreign policy experience:

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state."

This is all over the web. There are numerous videos of Ms. Palin actually saying that.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 05-29-2011 at 10:39 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 04:43 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Do remember there are some conservative who believe that women should not go to work. Conservatives in the past believed that women shouldn't vote.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:41 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
The title of the link that I am not sure you read is the very same as the one I used here. Early in the link the man said that recently libs have been putting out commercials that try to victimize women and before the commercial ends they try to save the women they mention.

Really I am not at all sure you read the link. If you did it was with very selective reading of only the parts you wanted to read.

The sixth paragraph of the article says this: "To the left, women are just another group, like ethnicities, and sexual identities, that they believe they can victimize--then rescue, all in the matter of the twenty-second soundbite."

Please read every word in that short paragraph and then tell me you didn't see what the man said.
ALL political parties, research groups. etc., consider each sex a "group"...there are age "groups", race "groups"...it doesn't mean they think each group is stupid because they're in a group..

I read the rather rambling article...NO where did it prove "liberals view women as stupid"...

And repugs have such a long history of treating women as stupid that even if the article DID say that it would be laughable...

Old 05-30-2011, 06:56 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
After watching one of my most unfavorite women in the political arena on Fox News Sunday today I was wondering about that question when I came across this piece. The woman is Debbie Wasserman Schultz and I have never been able to understand how she thinks, if she even does think. Anyway here is a good discussion of her and some of the outstanding women in the Republican Party. I will admit that Michele Bachman is several times smarter than Wasserman Schultz except for her knowledge of colonial geography and it would be fun to see them debate about taxes and the like.

Why Do Liberals See Women As Stupid? - Kevin McCullough - Townhall Conservative
And why do liberals eat pizza?

Old 05-30-2011, 06:57 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Do remember there are some conservative who believe that women should not go to work. Conservatives in the past believed that women shouldn't vote.
OH you mean how liberals believed minorities shouldnt vote?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:02 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Question Why do liberals view women as stupid?

Quote:
After watching one of my most unfavorite women in the political arena on Fox News Sunday today I was wondering about that question when I came across this piece. The woman is Debbie Wasserman Schultz and I have never been able to understand how she thinks, if she even does think. Anyway here is a good discussion of her and some of the outstanding women in the Republican Party. I will admit that Michele Bachman is several times smarter than Wasserman Schultz except for her knowledge of colonial geography and it would be fun to see them debate about taxes and the like.

Why Do Liberals See Women As Stupid? - Kevin McCullough - Townhall Conservative

Who says there's no such thing as a dumb question?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
OH you mean how liberals believed minorities shouldnt vote?
That never happened.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Who says there's no such thing as a dumb question?
There was a time I believed that, but after reading treads such as this I must agree with you, there ARE stupid questions.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies