Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 940 times

Advertisements

I am a conservative - and I do support Elizabeth Warren and the establishment of the CFPB. Anyone who loves free, competitive markets should embrace this. Does any person really believe that the large financial institutions got us into this mess because they were over-regulated! Government does have its place and ensuring that there is competition and a free market is well within the bounds of what the government should do. Preserve private enterprise and the free market now - or government take over of free markets will happen after the next financial meltdown occurs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 11:09 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthigh View Post
I am a conservative - and I do support Elizabeth Warren and the establishment of the CFPB. Anyone who loves free, competitive markets should embrace this. Does any person really believe that the large financial institutions got us into this mess because they were over-regulated! Government does have its place and ensuring that there is competition and a free market is well within the bounds of what the government should do. Preserve private enterprise and the free market now - or government take over of free markets will happen after the next financial meltdown occurs!
A reasonable conservative. I like...I like. Making reasonable logical remarks on C-D will have you being called a Rino any moment now.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 AM

23,521 posts, read 17,199,245 times
Default 'On the banks of th eold Raritan.....'

As a fellow RU alum she is a cog in the Obama machinery. What's to like? As an individual she loses her identity to become part of a system that rules, not by legislation, but rogue regulation, and every bit comes from a script not an individual.

How could you be against someone whose regulations lock you up in protective custody.....for the good of everyday Americans?!

How do you feel about the color of the car that ran you over....? not great, aside from the question being irrelevant.

EW has been recycled as an individual to become a tool in the spare tire compartment of the big green Obama machine.

And yes, at this point whatever Obama embraces is to be discarded.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:06 PM

17,397 posts, read 11,963,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I mean....she's working for your interest. She's trying to fight for the every day American. The woman knows what she's talking about.
As part of the whole housing nightmare, she is NOT working for everyday Americans.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:10 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,905,380 times
i think elizabeth warren revealed her true agenda when she said that there were no wealth creators:

No. There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody.”

well, there certainly aren't any government employees who got rich on their own, considering they pull from the private sector just to create THEIR jobs. how many pensions is she going to suck down when she retires? how much taxpayer money will she live on? give me a break. for the record, i am not anti government employees as they are part of the workforce in this country and contribute -just against people like warren spouting off against the private sector.

anybody can look at what she has done as TARP head cop and see that she has been USELESS, but she is obviously out there now to push the class warfare issue for obama.

wouldn't it be nice if we ever had someone who was trying to UNITE the country and work for a common goal? her anti business stance is not going to facilitate job creation in this country-which we badly need. she obviously is too clueless to see that the reason we NEED so many more social services is because we have a deterioration in job creation. (or maybe she sees it very clearly....)

ask americans if they want to be working again.

the most important thing for america to be focused on now is JOB CREATION.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:24 AM

769 posts, read 1,012,814 times
Well she does not have an R next to her name

Old 09-24-2011, 04:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,843,965 times
She works hard to protect consumers and American people who have little capability to protect themselves. It's too bad she was not allowed to head the Consumer Protection Agency, but she will help in the Senate. People need protection from Organizations that will, and do, take advantage of their authority. Regulations are what help control the abuses of authority. I don't understand what the Conservatives fear about Regulations. If it increases the cost to produce or market their products, they will raise their prices. They aren't going to cut production if the demand is there.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:44 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,174,327 times
She claims to have all the answers, but has never owned a business. How can she demand money of other people for her to give to whom she feels is "more deserving. She is just another radical from the left that is a empty suit and should just fade away.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,843,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
She claims to have all the answers, but has never owned a business. How can she demand money of other people for her to give to whom she feels is "more deserving. She is just another radical from the left that is a empty suit and should just fade away.
I seem to have missed where she made that claim, perhaps you could enlighten us?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:58 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,905,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
She works hard to protect consumers and American people who have little capability to protect themselves. It's too bad she was not allowed to head the Consumer Protection Agency, but she will help in the Senate. People need protection from Organizations that will, and do, take advantage of their authority. Regulations are what help control the abuses of authority. I don't understand what the Conservatives fear about Regulations. If it increases the cost to produce or market their products, they will raise their prices. They aren't going to cut production if the demand is there.
yeah, she did such a great job as TARP cop....

all of these government regulators have been virtually useless, from the BP czar/bank bonus pay czar (same guy), to the banking regulators, to tarp, etc.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/five-b...-sitting-fx-de

Five Banks Account For 96% Of The $250 Trillion In Outstanding US Derivative Exposure; Is Morgan Stanley Sitting On An FX Derivative Time Bomb?

all of these government regulators are doing a bang-up job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies