Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-24-2011, 12:16 PM
 
1,096 posts, read 4,514,807 times
Reputation: 1097

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I mean....she's working for your interest. She's trying to fight for the every day American. The woman knows what she's talking about.
She's the one that was talkign to constituents the other day saying no-one got rich on their own the government helped them.

Well some people get rich on their own. Other people are fortunate enough to be bundlers for Obama so they get 500 million dollars given to their failling companies and then have the loans restructured so they can pull all their personal money out and get rich off tax payer dollars through massive scams.

government does makee some people rich , others however do it through hard work and engenuity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-24-2011, 01:10 PM
 
29,939 posts, read 39,336,828 times
Reputation: 4798
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I don't know who in the end would have been held accountable and neither do you , but how does that change the fact that Obama chose her and the Republicans blocked it?
You should know?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2011, 02:38 PM
 
27,625 posts, read 21,025,108 times
Reputation: 11091
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It doesn't. If she is picked by Obama, she is tainted from day one. Obama is a poison, but of course you don't realize that. You're an establishment shill that unknowingly loves the pro-corporate status quo. I know you still believe in Hope and Change, but it's time to wake up


I'm a what? Before you make dumber than dirt accusations and resort to name calling at least have the balls to back up what you say with facts.

What makes your post the stupidest one that I have read in at least the past few days, is the fact that Warren is just the opposite of "corporate status quo". Are you drunk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2011, 02:40 PM
 
27,625 posts, read 21,025,108 times
Reputation: 11091
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You should know?!?!?

I do know why they blocked her appointment to the agency that she created. But you obviously didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2011, 02:43 PM
 
5,996 posts, read 7,054,816 times
Reputation: 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I mean....she's working for your interest. She's trying to fight for the every day American. The woman knows what she's talking about.
A. I can fight for my "own interests"
B. Who asked her to?
C. Typical leftist elitism that government knows what's best for more, more than I do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2011, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Flippin AR
5,513 posts, read 5,219,933 times
Reputation: 6242
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I mean....she's working for your interest. She's trying to fight for the every day American. The woman knows what she's talking about.
I love her, and I'm a fiscal conservative. Her work on the American Middle Class is spot-on.

The modern conservative movement is complex, since it has been hijacked by the Religious fanatics and pro-Big Business groups. Unfortunately any movement that has the support of a large number of people will be quickly appropriated by those power-brokers who want to use that power for their own benefit.

The way I see it, Big Business is a nightmare for the American people, while small business is great. Religion never stops anyone from doing anything unethical or immoral, and in my experience, religious people tend to be the most likely to rip you off. Religious organizations also tend to work to produce illogical and societally harmful results, as in the case of abortion and the death penalty.

The Libertarian movement is by far the best hope of fiscal conservatives; it is certainly the ONLY political movement that doesn't support the insanity of endless War-Mongering and a Drug War that would be a joke if it didn't serve to so massively expand government power.

Has anyone noticed that BOTH the so-called liberal and conservative media hate and bad-mouth the Libertarian movement? Yet notice that they do not argue with any of the ideas of Libertarianism. They don't argue FOR endless wars. Or massive government overspending, borrowing and currency devaluation. They simply scoff and sniff in distain and call the movement "crazy."

Make no mistake: the Repubs and Dems who conspire with Big Business to bring our nation to collapse and bankruptcy are IDENTICAL. Elect Romney and you might as well elect Obama. They are CLONES.

Time for a REAL CHANGE in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 01:57 PM
 
5,996 posts, read 7,054,816 times
Reputation: 3313



Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I love her, and I'm a fiscal conservative. Her work on the American Middle Class is spot-on.

The modern conservative movement is complex, since it has been hijacked by the Religious fanatics and pro-Big Business groups. Unfortunately any movement that has the support of a large number of people will be quickly appropriated by those power-brokers who want to use that power for their own benefit.

The way I see it, Big Business is a nightmare for the American people, while small business is great. Religion never stops anyone from doing anything unethical or immoral, and in my experience, religious people tend to be the most likely to rip you off. Religious organizations also tend to work to produce illogical and societally harmful results, as in the case of abortion and the death penalty.

The Libertarian movement is by far the best hope of fiscal conservatives; it is certainly the ONLY political movement that doesn't support the insanity of endless War-Mongering and a Drug War that would be a joke if it didn't serve to so massively expand government power.

Has anyone noticed that BOTH the so-called liberal and conservative media hate and bad-mouth the Libertarian movement? Yet notice that they do not argue with any of the ideas of Libertarianism. They don't argue FOR endless wars. Or massive government overspending, borrowing and currency devaluation. They simply scoff and sniff in distain and call the movement "crazy."

Make no mistake: the Repubs and Dems who conspire with Big Business to bring our nation to collapse and bankruptcy are IDENTICAL. Elect Romney and you might as well elect Obama. They are CLONES.

Time for a REAL CHANGE in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 02:32 PM
 
25,040 posts, read 27,807,936 times
Reputation: 11790
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm a what? Before you make dumber than dirt accusations and resort to name calling at least have the balls to back up what you say with facts.

What makes your post the stupidest one that I have read in at least the past few days, is the fact that Warren is just the opposite of "corporate status quo". Are you drunk?
You're shilling for the establishment and you don't even realize it. You're supporting the status quo while they go out and stab you in the back. There, I spelled it out for you. Wake up sickofnyc, and realize they are ALL part of the same Harvard-Princeton-Yale club. You're falling for the same Hope and Change AGAIN! And she IS part of the corporate status quo. Hell, if I thought Obama wasn't, because I swallowed and enjoyed the Hopey Changey kool-aid in 2008, the corporate status quo, what makes you think Warren, another prominent Harvard hack and Obama appointee, isn't?

This isn't Democrats vs. Republicans before you accuse me of political bias. Make no mistake, Obama is the Democratic version of Republican Bush. Anything he does, will be in the corporate interest. You can count on that, and that includes Warren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,864 posts, read 4,955,255 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I love her, and I'm a fiscal conservative. Her work on the American Middle Class is spot-on.

The modern conservative movement is complex, since it has been hijacked by the Religious fanatics and pro-Big Business groups. Unfortunately any movement that has the support of a large number of people will be quickly appropriated by those power-brokers who want to use that power for their own benefit.

The way I see it, Big Business is a nightmare for the American people, while small business is great. Religion never stops anyone from doing anything unethical or immoral, and in my experience, religious people tend to be the most likely to rip you off. Religious organizations also tend to work to produce illogical and societally harmful results, as in the case of abortion and the death penalty.

The Libertarian movement is by far the best hope of fiscal conservatives; it is certainly the ONLY political movement that doesn't support the insanity of endless War-Mongering and a Drug War that would be a joke if it didn't serve to so massively expand government power.

Has anyone noticed that BOTH the so-called liberal and conservative media hate and bad-mouth the Libertarian movement? Yet notice that they do not argue with any of the ideas of Libertarianism. They don't argue FOR endless wars. Or massive government overspending, borrowing and currency devaluation. They simply scoff and sniff in distain and call the movement "crazy."

Make no mistake: the Repubs and Dems who conspire with Big Business to bring our nation to collapse and bankruptcy are IDENTICAL. Elect Romney and you might as well elect Obama. They are CLONES.

Time for a REAL CHANGE in 2012.
http://www.upperplayground.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/d177f3a95c132744.gif.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,864 posts, read 4,955,255 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You're shilling for the establishment and you don't even realize it. You're supporting the status quo while they go out and stab you in the back. There, I spelled it out for you. Wake up sickofnyc, and realize they are ALL part of the same Harvard-Princeton-Yale club. You're falling for the same Hope and Change AGAIN! And she IS part of the corporate status quo. Hell, if I thought Obama wasn't, because I swallowed and enjoyed the Hopey Changey kool-aid in 2008, the corporate status quo, what makes you think Warren, another prominent Harvard hack and Obama appointee, isn't?

This isn't Democrats vs. Republicans before you accuse me of political bias. Make no mistake, Obama is the Democratic version of Republican Bush. Anything he does, will be in the corporate interest. You can count on that, and that includes Warren.
That is the biggest point anyone in America can learn. Democrats vs. Republicans is a false dichotomy. They are but two sides of the same corporatist, MIC, Wall St, Big Business, Big Government coin. My political beliefs are a mixed bag, but I fall decidedly on the left side of the scale. That being said, give me a TRUE conservative, like Ron Paul, who is anti-corporatism/MIC anyday of the week over a "liberal" such as Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top