Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,179,406 times

Advertisements

Ya, Repugs want their President to be a nanny..come and help us!!!

...they like BIG government that sticks it's nose in state's business....

..err...no they don't....or they do

do, don't, do, don't...my goodness, they are SO confused!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 01:22 PM

18,410 posts, read 19,063,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaku View Post
At some point, don't you think he should start exhibiting some of the behavioural characteristics, i.e. starting acting like, a President??
you mean like ordering the death of osama bin laden?

Old 05-30-2011, 01:27 PM

46,329 posts, read 27,186,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you mean like ordering the death of osama bin laden?
Who is osama...

I thought it was Usama?

Ah yes, even I have made that mistake....but since the state run media has embraced Osama....I has taken over the lefties....

Old 05-30-2011, 01:28 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,512,201 times
They complain about Obama not being there, then they whine we he shows up and offers the support in person that he already promised. Wow, 6 more years of this incessant whinning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43217036/ns/us_news-life/

Old 05-30-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
They complain about Obama not being there, then they whine we he shows up and offers the support in person that he already promised. Wow, 6 more years of this incessant whinning.
Yep, at least 18 months of whining, then it will be the left who will be complaining for the next 8 years....

Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,846,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Link?

It took plenty of Irish Guiness pints to get Obama to fly over to the part of the country and people he insulted as "clinging to their religion and guns" during his 2008 campaign and now making an attempt to appear sincere about consoling them in church today. All a big show for his campaign, nothing more.
politics=the art of deception.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,722,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
He had to wait for the electricity took get hooked up for his teleprompter.
What a sad show that was...
The best part was when he compared them to New Orleans minus the looting.
I hate posts like this just trying to score cheap political points off the uninformed.

He was attending the G-8 Summit, a major event for any president and for global relations. To hold that against him is deplorable. He showed up the first day he could. More importantly, his FEMA operated the way it should and there was no major bureaucratic disaster like under his predecessor.

Sign of good leadership is when everybody is doing their part and all the necessary funding and resources are authorized in a timely manner, which they were. So sad to see threads like this. People really don't understand government at all.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I hate posts like this just trying to score cheap political points off the uninformed.
I'm keeping this quote, for 2013......

But, you should really read all the main thread titles....if you would, you would see that most threads are just this...left or right...

Old 05-30-2011, 01:42 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,722,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Surely there was some place where he could have used his teleprompter for a photo op. I think he was just too busy making a fool of himself to go to Joplin. Surely the people wouldn't have been mad if he had flown back on Air Force One to get in a good photo op.
Really, Roy? I thought you were better than this "teleprompter" drivel. Clearly, Obama's spoken countless times off the cuff and without teleprompters to prove this childish line of attack wrong.

I guess Obama's doing well, seeing as all the old 57 state / teleprompter lines are coming back into circulation. Certainly not much to complain about with his leadership. He's really been a great president so far.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:48 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,231,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Link?

It took plenty of Irish Guiness pints to get Obama to fly over to the part of the country and people he insulted as "clinging to their religion and guns" during his 2008 campaign and now making an attempt to appear sincere about consoling them in church today. All a big show for his campaign, nothing more.
Weren't those PA folks? I don't recall him ever refering to the people of MO....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies