Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 04:23 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Here is the part of the article that really got me angry. "He said that he has the right to do exactly as he wanted to a woman" "Why? because that is how it is in his religion" "Women did not have rights or opinions, he was in charge".

At one time liberals used to despise men with this mindset. I suppose they still do if the rapist happens to be white. The only reason the left is ignoring this Norwegian report is that the predators happen to be their favorite religion in the world...Islam. In the clash of politically correct values criticizing Muslim men is more unacceptable than raping a woman.
You really think the muslim immigrants to Norway speak fluent Norwegian? She spoke arabic? And a rapist got into a philosophical discussion of his motivations with his victim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 04:24 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Here is the part of the article that really got me angry. "He said that he has the right to do exactly as he wanted to a woman" "Why? because that is how it is in his religion" "Women did not have rights or opinions, he was in charge".

At one time liberals used to despise men with this mindset. I suppose they still do if the rapist happens to be white. The only reason the left is ignoring this Norwegian report is that the predators happen to be their favorite religion in the world...Islam. In the clash of politically correct values criticizing Muslim men is more unacceptable than raping a woman.
My liberal belief is that the individuals that committed these crimes should be punished under the law and those individuals who share traits (religion, sex, number of eyes, shoe size) with those individuals and did not commit any crime should not be punished in anyway.

[/response to worthless troll]

Old 05-30-2011, 04:26 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
The link I used has a direct link to the Norwegian televison news segment on Youtube. The right wing might be commenting on it but the original source is not right wing but the Norwegian MSM.
But you've got to understand that the left only considers United States Media to be the official sources for news .. European and other recognized and respected outlets around the world don't count.

Could you imagine the outrage if MSNBC were to come out with a straight up report like this? .. MSM in the United States couldn't get beyond their PC noses to ever report on anything that truly mattered anyway.

as an aside, if one were to ever want to know the real news in the world of today, one would have to nearly completely ignore the MSM in the United States

Old 05-30-2011, 04:38 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
In the USA, it's pathetic losers that take your right wing race baiting propaganda to heart, and go out and kill innocent Muslims.

On the afternoon of Saturday, 2001-SEP-15, a gunman killed the 49 year old owner of a gas station in Mesa, AZ. He was a Sikh. His family believes that he was killed because he "looked Middle Eastern." Additional shots were fired at a Lebanese clerk and at the home of an Afghan family.

On the evening of Saturday, 2001-SEP-15, a gunman killed a Pakistani Muslim store owner in Dallas, TX.
Adel Karas, 48, an Egyptian-American grocer was shot and killed near his International Market store in San Gabriel, CA. He was a Copt -- neither Muslim nor Arab. No money was taken. Police are investigating the murder as a possible hate crime.

A man drove his car through the front entrance of Parma Mosque in Cleveland OH.
Also on Saturday, a Christian of Egyptian origin was shot dead in California.

Near Chicago, IL, there was a march in which about 300 anti-Arab youths waved flags, shouted "USA, USA," and attempted to march on a mosque in Bridgeview, IL -- a suburb southwest of Chicago. Colin Zaremba, 19, said: "I'm proud to be American and I hate Arabs and I always have." Three demonstrators were arrested.

In Chicago, a Molotov cocktail was thrown t an Arab-American community center. There were no injuries and little damage.

In Huntington, NY, Adam Lang, reportedly a drunken driver, 75, allegedly tried to kill a Pakistani woman with his car. He later followed the woman into a store and threatened to kill her for "destroying my country."
In Gary, IN, a man wearing a mask pumped over 20 bullets from a high-powered assault rifle at a Muslim, Hassan Awdah. He survived. Hassan is a U.S. citizen, born in Yemen.
In Lynnwood, WA, a mosque was vandalized.

In Suffolk County, NY, a man allegedly made anti-Arab threats and pointed a handgun at the employee of a gas station. He was arrested.

A gasoline bomb was thrown into the home of a Sikh family in California.

Two mosques were firebombed with Molotov cocktails during the weekend of OCT-20-21. They are located in Burlington and Mississauga, near Toronto ON Canada. Kendrich House, 35, from Oakville ON has allegedly been charged.
Oh .. Okay .. and nevermind the fathers that run over and kill the female members of their families right here in the good-ole-U-S-of-A because their religion says it's okay for them to do ..

Old 05-30-2011, 04:57 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
My liberal belief is that the individuals that committed these crimes should be punished under the law and those individuals who share traits (religion, sex, number of eyes, shoe size) with those individuals and did not commit any crime should not be punished in anyway.

[/response to worthless troll]
Nobody said punish any individual who did not commit any crime.

Do you believe that an equal % of men in every culture/religion/country thinks it is acceptable to rape a woman? If so why aren't rape levels equal on every corner of the globe?

What about the mob of men in Egypt who brutally raped and assaulted CBS reporter Lara Logan. They thought she dressed like a w*ore. These rapists are purely a product of their culture. The whole idea that non-covered women deserve to be raped is not criticized enough in the West, especially among liberals who ignore the subject. Surprisingly even Western feminists don't dare criticize the way Islamic men treat women

Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Nobody said punish any individual who did not commit any crime.

Do you believe that an equal % of men in every culture/religion/country thinks it is acceptable to rape a woman? If so why aren't rape levels equal on every corner of the globe?

What about the mob of men in Egypt who brutally raped and assaulted CBS reporter Lara Logan. They thought she dressed like a w*ore. These rapists are purely a product of their culture. The whole idea that non-covered women deserve to be raped is not criticized enough in the West, especially among liberals who ignore the subject. Surprisingly even Western feminists don't dare criticize the way Islamic men treat women
^^ This. Well stated Jay F. Muslims of Islamic faith are the new protected darlings of the liberal left.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Oh .. Okay .. and nevermind the fathers that run over and kill the female members of their families right here in the good-ole-U-S-of-A because their religion says it's okay for them to do ..
Not religious. Basically a tribal belief system. It is dishonor on the family that hey are trying to remove.

Social not religious. Like the old southern custom of hanging black guys for offenses, real or imagined, against white women.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
^^ This. Well stated Jay F. Muslims of Islamic faith are the new protected darlings of the liberal left.
YOu guys are actually humorous. YOu get caught with an obviously concocted story. Get it pushed back at you.

Again it becomes the liberals protecting somebody or the other disliked by the right...

One never admits that it was a concocted issue.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
A few years ago I mentioned a similar report out of Sweden. Someone couldn't believe it and accused me of being a racist. I think they were just unaware ofhow strong the cultural differences are when it comes to female "modesty" between Islamic and non-Islamic cultures.

You ask if we can look forward to this is in the U.S? Probably not in the near term.
No, the rapes in this country will continue to be committed primarily by red-blooded Americans.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, the rapes in this country will continue to be committed primarily by red-blooded American.
You left off the word 'males'.

Clearly we should restrict the immigration of males.

Which would be awesome since there would then been a higher ratio of foreign women for me to date while I'm in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies