Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times

Advertisements

Nobody plays the liberal mainstream media for fools better than Sarah Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 01:10 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Nobody plays the liberal mainstream media for fools better than Sarah Palin.
To what end?

The mainstream media may not be ideal, they may not perform their jobs the way we'd like them to, they certainly have lots of faults.

But is creating a dangerous situation where innocent bystanders could be hurt, or killed, because reporters are trying to do their job, is that a responsible "play"? Is her priority to make fools of the media really what her priority should be?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
To what end?

The mainstream media may not be ideal, they may not perform their jobs the way we'd like them to, they certainly have lots of faults.

But is creating a dangerous situation where innocent bystanders could be hurt, or killed, because reporters are trying to do their job, is that a responsible "play"? Is her priority to make fools of the media really what her priority should be?
How in the world do you people manage to find ways to blame Palin for death and violence that's not even happened yet?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Palin controls the teamaker Party. She will be Romney's VP.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
How in the world do you people manage to find ways to blame Palin for death and violence that's not even happened yet?
How in the world do people go around twisting what others say? When did I "blame" Palin for anything?

I asked if what she was doing was responsible. That's a reasonable question. She bears some responsibility for creating this dangerous situation where people are following her in cars and on foot, with no idea where they are heading. She thinks it's funny. And to amuse herself, she's made it a priority to make the media into jackasses. I totally agree with the Palin supporters who point out that the media bears responsibility as well.

But the bottom line should be that what's occurring here is dangerous, not just to the reporters trying to keep up with Palin's tour, but to the innocent bystanders and commuters as well. Does Palin care about that?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
But the bottom line should be that what's occurring here is dangerous, not just to the reporters trying to keep up with Palin's tour, but to the innocent bystanders and commuters as well. Does Palin care about that?
Sorry, but I don't follow your point. How exactly is her bus tour "dangerous" to innocent bystanders? Politicians have been doing bus tours for years and I've never heard of anybody dying due to the media frenzy surrounding it.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Palin controls the teamaker Party. She will be Romney's VP.
Romney is a whole lot smarter than that. If he got the party nomination, he wouldn't throw it away on the very person who caused McCain to loose the last election.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:53 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I don't follow your point. How exactly is her bus tour "dangerous" to innocent bystanders? Politicians have been doing bus tours for years and I've never heard of anybody dying due to the media frenzy surrounding it.
Does the name Princess Diana mean anything to you? What Palin is doing is not like other politicians have done on bus tours. They have had schedules and known time frames where the press could ask questions and get their photographs---a huge distinction from her mystery trip where the press has to follow her to do their job of covering her.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Bus tours done previously ALL had schedules. So reporters knew where they were going, knew what time the politicians would be speaking. When they don't know that information, they have to frantically follow her vehicles around, weaving around traffic, speeding to make lights, sometimes making dangerous turns. That's a very dangerous situation. As for never hearing of anybody dying---Princess Diana. She died. Along with several others. Because of a similar situation. I don't blame Princess Diana, her death was tragic, and paparazzi bear much of the responsibility. She also wasn't on a political bus tour. Palin is a celebrity on a political bus and speaking tour. That's news and reporters report the news. Palin's refusal to release a schedule is essentially a cat playing with a mouse. The kitty knows what her next move is. The mouse does not.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:50 PM

288 posts, read 349,990 times
Are you people serious? She is in a bus! A great big bus. You ever seen one of them things burn rubber? Me either. Just follow the dang thing, no need for any of the drama. And, for those saying "the media will share some of the responsibility if anything bad happens...uhm no, they will shoulder all the blame. Sarah never asked them to follow her in the first place and as she said, she owes them nada, zilch, zip. What drives the media crazy is that Sarah can reach the public without them. Reporting news may be their job, but being reckless to get a story is all on them. Reality...look into it. Holy cow!

TB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies