Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 07:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The rest of the country didn't seem to be laughing at Republicans last November.
Yeah, I think they're forgetting they can't swallow anymore of obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
I hope she and Michele Bachmann link up for some pep rallies. It would be great material for Comedy Central to work with.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:39 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,385,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is really quite hilarious. She is giving them little to no information about her bus stops, plans, intentions and they can't stand it. No one is supposed to treat them this way!

Palin Plays Hard to Get | Swampland

They're so, so confused!

Confusion on day 2 of Palin bus tour - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Maybe this is the point, idiot. She doesn't want the media following her, that is pretty clear.

I can just see the media, getting out their maps to check for national historically significant spots up and down the eastern seaboard, trying to pinpoint her next stop.
This is fun, but it's time for some straight talk.

At this point Palin is just another Lindsey Lohan. The media follows her (or tries to) for the same reason it follows any other celebutard- ratings.

Any chance Palin had of being a national leader, she blew over the past four years with one bad decision after another, and a stubborn refusal to learn anything from her mistakes.

I used to be afraid of Palin, when I thought she had a chance of geting elected to high office. Because I think having vindictive, willfully ignorant people with persecution complexes in positions of power is bad for our country. But that danger has passed.

I still think Palin will run for president. She can't help herself. She doesn't stand a prayer of getting the GOP nomination, but I hope she decides to run as an independant with the "Rogue Momma Grizzly Party", or some such nonsense. She'll peel 5-10% of the whacko vote away from Romney or Pawlenty, and turn an otherwise close election into a route for Obama.

But at this point, unless you're a big fan of Entertainment Tonight or something, I think we normal folk can safely ignore Palin.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
But at this point, unless you're a big fan of Entertainment Tonight or something, I think we normal folk can safely ignore Palin.
See, that's the thing. The Left doesn't ignore her. They're on her consistently, constantly, in a never ending quest to beat her down.

Now, if they didn't see her as a threat, I doubt they'd be doing that.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
No campaigning????? What, you think that just because she doesn't actually say "vote for me" then there's no campaigniung??? The whole thing is a campaign. When she announced this trip she knew the fawning conservative mainstream media would be covering her
She hasn't decided to run, nor is she campaigning.

She doesn't have the political campaigning apparatus/structure in the states.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,646,579 times
It's no joke!!Don't you just want slap McCain upside the head???

Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Sarah Palin is pulling a "Donald" and we (President Obama supporters) are lovin' it!!!

Old 05-30-2011, 08:10 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,458 times
people ask why people on the left make fun of her.

i wouldnt consider myself a leftist. voted for kline(republican for house) and independent(horner) for governor.

i make fun of her because she is stupid. i enjoy demeaning her and making fun of her whenever i get the chance because she sets herself up for it.

if she was being targeted for no reason i wouldnt have a problem with her.

but this idiot knows what shes doing. and then cries foul when people call her out on it.

most people can see right through that, except the idealogues.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:10 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
She's not that smart...but "her people" are...

Swing and a miss!

She went from the most humble of circumstances to rich, famous and powerful because she has always been two steps ahead.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Swing and a miss!

She went from the most humble of circumstances to rich, famous and powerful because she has always been two steps ahead.
She's mastered the art of clawing and social climbing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies