Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:20 AM

1 posts, read 199 times

Advertisements

I've been reading these boards for a while, and decided to finally register because I'm tired of seeing a great deal of anti-Semitism, particularly in the criticism of Israel. Furthermore, I'd like to say that those of you who believe that you can mask your anti-Semitism behind criticism of Israel, let me inform you that you're very wrong. We Jews watch everything that's said about Israel very carefully, and if you're not careful those of you who attack Israel may find yourselves in a whole lot of trouble from a people who are very powerful in the U.S. and other international communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 03:45 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Criticizing Israel's politics is not being anti-Semitic, if you truly think it is , get a life and start thinking for yourself. Even my Jewish friends think that Israel has a bit too much clout in US politics. However I can't help feeling your not so veiled threats make their own arguments as to why the Israeli lobby is considered too influential. That's if you actually are Jewish of course rather than just trying to stir up trouble ! I criticize many governments foreign and domestic policies including my own , that's called analysis and logical challenging of what I consider to be wrong. It's called democracy. It is not only my right as a human being to do so, it is my duty. I do not accept everything that is fed to me at face value but think about it, get informed and then make decisions based on that. If you truly are Jewish and believe that threatening people who don't agree with you is an acceptable form of behaviour, and that they should get into "trouble", then you are a very poor advocate indeed for a Democratic state of Israel or any other Nation for that matter. No State should be immune from scrutiny and socio-political analysis.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:39 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Criticizing Israel's politics is not being anti-Semitic, if you truly think it is , get a life and start thinking for yourself. Even my Jewish friends think that Israel has a bit too much clout in US politics. No State should be immune from scrutiny and socio-political analysis.
I agree.
Nobody's hands are clean these days, and that includes Israel.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:04 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewPower View Post
I've been reading these boards for a while, and decided to finally register because I'm tired of seeing a great deal of anti-Semitism, particularly in the criticism of Israel. Furthermore, I'd like to say that those of you who believe that you can mask your anti-Semitism behind criticism of Israel, let me inform you that you're very wrong. We Jews watch everything that's said about Israel very carefully, and if you're not careful those of you who attack Israel may find yourselves in a whole lot of trouble from a people who are very powerful in the U.S. and other international communities.
Anti-semitism is a common flag that alerts one to a certain type of anti-intellectual bonehead.

Criticism of Israel? One sees more of that in Israeli newspapers than one does here in the USA. And some of the most hard hitting criticism comes from people like Tom Friedman, and the editorial writers of the New York Times. Are they, now, "in trouble"?

I do not happen to be in the least anti-semitic, but if you think that the policies of Israel are beyond reproach, I beg to differ; vaguely intimdating allusions to "trouble" will not prevent me from saying so, either.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:26 AM

512 posts, read 1,564,664 times
Quote:
Interesting introduction there JP. I will refrain from taking a bite from this poop-sandwhich, however.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:02 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
We Jews watch everything that's said about Israel very carefully, and if you're not careful those of you who attack Israel may find yourselves in a whole lot of trouble from a people who are very powerful in the U.S. and other international communities.

Ah, nothing like reinforcing the very stereotypes you seek to vanquish! Way to go bud!

Old 08-05-2007, 10:03 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,464,753 times
Quote:
Let me guess, you have a spreadsheet tracking all of the negative posts about Isreal ? Are you massing an army of Jews here in America to execute your idle threats of retaliation ? Give me a break man, you need a vacation from your problems.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:47 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Quote:
Jewpower maybe you are seeing something that really isn't there but, you have convinced yourself that people are being anti-semitic.
Just because someone critisizes the policies of Israel or any other country that doesn't mean they are "anti" the people of the country.
I think you need to cut down on your coffee intake because you are sounding a bit paranoid buddy.
We are all just people. I agree with TriMT7...you r reinforcing the stereotypes you seek to vanish.
Oh BTW, I am a jew

Old 08-05-2007, 10:54 AM

562 posts, read 659,941 times
Quote:
Obviously, as I have always thought, the Jews are a very paranoid group of people. Take a chill pill, people of my religion, pagans, have been being murdered and oppressed for two thousand years by Christians and I don't give a rats ass what they say on this board. Give it a break.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:05 AM

25 posts, read 92,672 times
Im a jew and take everything with a grain of salt. People will always have there opinions and thats their choice. As far as I am concerned most people seem to have varied opinions on the middle east israel and the united states. Life is too short to get mad everytime you hear something. I live in Florida and work with many blue collar people, that service wealthy jewish areas. Some of these people are blue collar guys are my biggest customers, and often I hear them madking Anti semetic remarks. But I cannot change there minds, and you know what I laugh all the way to the bank. who cares what a few people think it will never change all you can do is to be the best representative of your culture and show the best in what your culture offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies