Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post

1.) Medicare Part D- Expanded by Obama with the "close the donut hole" provision.

2.) Iraq- Proceeded with support from both parties.

3.) Afghanistan- Expanded by Obama (Also added Libya into the mix)

4.) Bush tax cuts- Extended by Obama

5.) TARP/Bailouts- Expanded by Obama

Thats just off the top of my head.

Tally that all up and it left us in debt TRILLIONS.

Nice try but none of these issues wrecked the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Rick, you can't be serious. Why would I waste my time explaining "details" that are common knowledge and exist in abundance? Buzz off. Explaining the "details" to a Pub who is desperately trying to pretend Bush didn't happen would make as much sense as trying to hit a nail with a hammer in the dark.

The GOP stinks.

That's exactly what I thought. You are great at making blanket statements but when called on them you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to back them up (as is the case with most loonie moonbats). Thanks for proving this obvious point.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately Rick, Bush wasted a trillion dollars trying to fight smoke with bullets in a failed ideological war. He ignored the domestic agenda in the process. You name the domestic category, and it fell into crisis mode under your village idiot leader. Bush's presidency was an utter failure and the stench of the GOP still negatively impacts this country.

Where were you then in declaring that spending needed to be cut? This was the period when most in the GOP had their head in the sand. Foot in mouth, head in sand. That's the GOP way.

Obama has started another war in Libya but of course that's fine by you. Please explain which Bush policies caused things to fall into crisis mode. What was the date they were encated? Who controlled congress at those times. Oh- sorry....you've already proven you can't do that. I guess there's no need to beat a dead horse....

Old 06-02-2011, 06:23 AM

1,027 posts, read 824,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Nice try but none of these issues wrecked the economy.

LMAO so because Obama continues it the fault is off bush for starting it?

Not to mention god forbid Obama withdraw from Iraq/Afghanistan and close Gitmo and we have another Terror attack...the right would crucify him.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Democrats had all the power for how long? Did they EVER introduce ANY bills to fix those problems? Ummmmm. NOPE!
Lessee here.... Perhaps poor timing, but lookee here!!

Democratic bill to end oil subsidies is defeated in the Senate - CNN

Gee a "Party Line Vote" that defeated the bill to end oil subsidies....

I'll leave it to your imagination which party shot it down...

But let me ask you another question while we're on the subject: You are wondering why the Dems didn't propose this while they had full control for TWO years? Let me ask you why the Republicans, who supposedly have the answer on healthcare (though to this day I don't think anyone has heard it), didn't propose THAT in the SIX years that they had full control?

Staring in that mirror gets rather ugly, doesn't it?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:26 AM

1,027 posts, read 824,754 times
Quote:
Obama has started another war in Libya but of course that's fine by you. Please explain which Bush policies caused things to fall into crisis mode. What was the date they were encated? Who controlled congress at those times. Oh- sorry....you've already proven you can't do that. I guess there's no need to beat a dead horse....

When Libya broke out I got a chuckle from republicans back tracking after they supported a no fly zone because Obama actually did it.

I also got a good laugh about republicans complaining about how much the Tomahawks missiles cost...since when do they give a damn about how much Wars cost?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Both Bush and McCain warned of the housing banking mess to come and it fell on deaf ears.The economy was not booming when Bush took over it had tanked in Clinton's last 18 months.All Clinton did was export our jobs overseas with NAFTA-permanent trade status to CHINA and created this service economy.Please do not bring up that bogus lock box with all that money in it...if it comes out of AL GORES mouth its a lie.
If anyone took credit it was Clinton who let people buy homes that they could never afford or they never learned to be responsible for themselves.
I have always lived within my means paid my bills,taxes,saved for a rainy day where was the government when i needed a loan or help? Where was my deduction for interest on a loan? Where is my bailout? The tax code is unfair and i'am tired of carrying dead weight around so they can breed more of the same sitting on their a$$e$ while they smoke a Camel.
Too many young men walking and doing nothing all day drawing from the well and returning zilch no wonder we our in this shape today...just my opinion.
Bull...... Bush said in early 2006 that, and I quote, ""If houses get too expensive, people will stop buying them... Economies should cycle."...

LOL!!! Yeah, my hero!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
AND Obama extended Bush's tax cuts for the rich.
Is this really the type of issues you are going to
base your vote on?
"What has OBAMA done for YOU lately"

- OTHER THAN PERPETUAL WAR

YouTube - ‪Janet Jackson- What Have You Done For Me Lately (Released Jan. '86, Billboard #4)‬‏
You DO recall that Republicans held extension of Unemployment Benefits hostage in order to get Obama to relent on extending those cuts, right?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
If Obama hadn't wasted 800 billion on a useless stimulus that failed we wouldn't need to raise the debt limit. We need to cut spending rather than raising the debt limit.
Yes we would. He was handed a budget already about a Trillion dollars in the red....

I personally wish he hadn't have authorized the stimulus as I firmly believe it only served to put off the inevitable economic reckoning still to come... But take heart!!! This way, you can blame it on Obama, even though it was coming no matter who was in the White House...

Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times
Quote:
He has turned around the economy

Keep deluding yourselves

LOL, oh, the irony!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies