Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:56 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times

Advertisements

cough cough Reagan granted amnesty cough cough promised to secure borders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgcrush View Post
Do you want someone to read that out-loud for you?

Making illegal immigration a crime would probably increase incarceration and court costs by billions over 10 years.

Do you think we have deficit problems already?
Hey genius, IT IS ALREADY A CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why what she said and now what you said is so damn hilarious! When you are convicted of being here ilegally, you don't go to jail, you get deported. Unless you have committed a criminal crime.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
No, he rather intelligently explained the reasoning behind the policy decision NOT to treat illegal immigration as a criminal act in the U.S. justice system. It would be unwieldy and inefficient. You're not bright enough to know when someone is actually supporting govt. efficiency and reduction of spending?
You are not very intelligent. I suggest you read up on how ilegalls are treated when they are caught in this country. They are handed over to ICE then deported. They DO NOT go to jail! Knowledge is power!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:01 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Do you want someone to read that out-loud for you?

Making illegal immigration a crime would probably increase incarceration and court costs by billions over 10 years.

Do you think we have deficit problems already?
or we could just deport them and save all that social service money, watch unemployment decrease, and watch wages go up for everyone and full time employment be a reality for everyone here.

liberals only think about today and never about the future. that is why they have no problem with printing more money to pay the bills, even though it hurts the middle class and the poor worst of all.

her defending illegal behavior is inexcusable, no matter what.

maybe the rest of us should decide that paying taxes is a law we don't want to obey.....

you better believe the liberals would be all over that law. randomly enforcing laws sure as heck isn't good for our country.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
LMAO! A "criminal crime"?

So, enlighten us on the legal definitions of "crime" and "criminal crime", please.
You are proving my point about intelligence. There are CRIMINAL charges and there are CIVIL charges. Therefore illegal immigrants are civil violations, not criminal violations.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Okay, that's one remark from one congressman.

A plurality of Republicans in Congress believe Evolution and global warming are shaky theories at best, myths at worst.

Believe me, if the brains reside anywhere, they don't reside with the Republicans.
Evolution is an imperial fact, and Anthropological Global Warming is a hoax perpetrated by liberal freaks who are too stupid to know that their hoax has already been exposed. The list of idiotic statements by liberal morons far exceeds anything Republicans could conceive. Liberalism is obviously symptomatic of a serious mental disease.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:07 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I'm really starting to believe that Democrats have something wrong with them. There just HAS to be! Stuff like this should be used to club Obama over the head during his campaign.
"Liberalism is a mental disorder"... Michael Savage

Old 06-01-2011, 10:21 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I agree, this is a form of cheap labor, and it boarders on being immoral. It's not slavery, maybe closer to indentured servitude. What we need is to redo our immigration policy and its implementation.

The process and structure of the migrant worker visa program is old, inept and the processing time is way too slow. We apparently need migrant workers, so why is the process so out dated and slow? Its as if government does not care to address this, and actually is encouraging this cheap "slave labor".
Wapasha! I'm going to mark my calender as the day you posted something I fully agree with.

Our reasons might vary, but I agree with your approach on this, so who cares. Yes, it's more like indentured servitude in most cases. They are trapped, and the companies that hire them, like Iowa Beef, for one, know this and abuse them.

I have no idea how many, but many, many of the illegal immigrants are abused and taken advantage of by the people/companies that hire them. I think this is especially true in the migrant farmers and the meatpacking/production industry. It's really inhumane and unethical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies