Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times

Advertisements

msnbc.com Video Player

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are. This is a tough call for me. First shot was 100% justified. The follow-up shots made him a murderer, but perhaps life in prison is too harsh a sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:55 AM

The Mom is filing a civil suit against Erslan. Her son had a prior record.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
i could swear i recall a thread about this on P&OC when it first happened, but can't find it now. i agree with both points you made.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Some people just need killing and this ghetto thug got exactly what he deserved, the only way to stop the cycle of crime is to eliminate the threat. Of course his ghetto family is going to sue, that's the circle of life for ghetto trash that raises these thugs and sends them out to perpetrate crime on innocent people.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i could swear i recall a thread about this on P&OC when it first happened, but can't find it now. i agree with both points you made.

Self-Defense Case: Pharmacist Guilty - WSJ.com
I like to avoid duplicate threads, so I did a search. There was one hit, but it referenced racist cops.

On the one hand, it's sad that this guy was minding his own business and now he's gonna spend the rest of his life in jail because two teen criminalss decided to rob him. On the other hand, the way in which he went about ending the perp's life was extremely cold-blooded.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Some people just need killing and this ghetto thug got exactly what he deserved, the only way to stop the cycle of crime is to eliminate the threat. Of course his ghetto family is going to sue, that's the circle of life for ghetto trash that raises these thugs and sends them out to perpetrate crime on innocent people.
The issue is not whether or not someone deserved to die, but rather whether or not Erslan was murderous in his actions. According to the letter of the law, and IMHO, he was.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:18 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I like to avoid duplicate threads, so I did a search. There was one hit, but it referenced racist cops.

On the one hand, it's sad that this guy was minding his own business and now he's gonna spend the rest of his life in jail because two teen criminalss decided to rob him. On the other hand, the way in which he went about ending the perp's life was extremely cold-blooded.
i found that one too, it wasn't the one i remembered. the original one must have been deleted entirely, which has been known to happen around here.

no one is going to miss the perp except maybe his mother, but it was a lost cause trying to make a good case for self-defense with the robber lying unconcious on the floor. life in prison for ersland is not warranted, imho.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:21 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
that and the guy he plugged multiple times didnt even have a gun on him.

the first shot is fine. going reservoir dogs and pumping someone full of bullets after you already have shot them is murder.

throw the thug(pharmacist) away.

the pharmacist has also had trouble in the past and is not mentally fit enough to be roaming around unchecked.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The issue is not whether or not someone deserved to die, but rather whether or not Erslan was murderous in his actions. According to the letter of the law, and IMHO, he was.
When that piece of trash walked into that business pointing a gun at those employees he was murderous in his actions, that's all I need to see. He took one shot and according to the man in question he was still moving and posing a threat so he continued to eliminate the threat by firing additional shots. I'll take the word of a business owner who saved his employees lives over a piece of ghetto trash any day of the week. His family can sue all they want, their little darling is dead and he deserved it. No amount of money is going to fix that little problem so we don't have to worry about him robbing anyone else anytime soon.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
ugga I think you visit to many different forums LMAO. Sometimes I get confused thinking I read a thread on CD but it was actually on the same topic in another forum site. LOL

Amazing how many duplicate thread I see posted here and on the many gun/hunting forums I read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies