Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:12 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Tea Party In San Francisco California? Are freaking kidding me?
LOL, good point, if there is a Libtopia that's the place. They probably stripped funding from the fire department to put up a sculpture or some other dumb ass ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
... i do understand that we should focus on issues and not personalities but I have to ask what possesses a person to post a thread making this kind of statement.

TEA PARTY to blame for a San Fransisco policy that prevented responders?

give me a break.
This thread just goes to prove that the far left is either:

1) incapable of utilizing common sense
or
2) desperately trying to distance themselves from the irresponsible spending that has brought them to this point

from the OP's linked article:

Quote:
"This just strikes me as not just a problem with funding, but a problem with the culture of what's going on in our city, that no one would take the time and help this drowning man," KGO quoted resident Adam Gillitt as saying.
Pretty much sums it up. San Fransisco has largely become void of that element of morality which differentiates humans from beasts.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:24 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This thread just goes to prove that the far left is either:

1) incapable of utilizing common sense
or
2) desperately trying to distance themselves from the irresponsible spending that has brought them to this point

from the OP's linked article:

Pretty much sums it up. San Fransisco has largely become void of that element of morality which differentiates humans from beasts.

It is such a great city. Just one big dam shame liberal freaks got control.
When I am standing on one of the gun turrets from the Civil War era Fort Point staring out at the Blue Pacific underneath the Golden Gate Bridge and close my eyes, the ocean breezes and wonderful sea smells blank out what a liberal cess pool the city has turned into politically. Just for a few minutes then I open my eyes and its back.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:25 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,325,964 times
You gotta be kidding! A ocean front community without a water rescue program??? Wow!

...and don't tell me the coast guard couldn't get SOME TYPE of boat to the man in water up to his neck.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:26 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times
Quote:
Let It Bleed - Page 1 - News - San Francisco - SF Weekly

"Infinite" is not a word you expect to find in a report on municipal spending. It's more of a science fiction–type term — [i]Tremble, Earthling, before the infinite might of Galaxor! But there it was, in a recent report on San Francisco's finances: Spending on the city's employee retirement system in the past decade had grown at an "infinite" rate.

Naturally, that's an exaggeration. If you do the math, the city's retirement costs for employees in the past 10 years actually grew only 66,733 percent.
.... they are spending more on pensions than the fire department.
Quote:
This year, the city is contributing $324 million from the general fund to its pension plan — more than it spends on the Recreation and Parks Department ($127 million) or the fire department ($289 million).

Old 06-01-2011, 05:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
.... they are spending more on pensions that the fire department.
That wasn't very politically correct for you to point out the truth.

You must be a union buster!

Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,220,898 times
The guy was deliberately intent upon killing himself. He was successful. No one else was hurt.

I don't see the problem.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:39 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,325,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
The guy was deliberately intent upon killing himself. He was successful. No one else was hurt.

I don't see the problem.
There WAS a problem, but the problem has been rectified. The city reinstated the water rescue program.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:42 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,952,928 times
This would be a natural out come of Tea Party ideology.

Fire departments funded to the bare minimum.

No fancy "cold water" rescue training or specialized equipment.

Just a water truck to put out grass fires...staffed by volunteers.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:42 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,981,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Breaking News California is dead broke. The libs spent like pill poppin' housewives, to well past the breaking point, and there is no more monies for funding.

But it beats me why no little rubber raft boat with a out board couldn't get there on a trailer if need be, and get the guy out of the soup. But then that would have been against the guys wishes evidently. I can't think of a harder way to do yourself in. Wading into water to drown yourself has to be very hard. Social workers don't fix that sort of thing and the Phyc Hospitals have all but been disbanded.

Perhaps if liberals didn't over spend..... but then they will never stop. Maybe that guy had been taxed right out of his house and job.
Or perhaps due to corporate greed supported by conservatives he had LOST his job (think outsourcing) and was homeless and despondent and felt he had no choice but to do himself in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies