Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 09:48 PM

30,299 posts, read 51,908,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Isn't that interesting! They are forcing you to throw them out the window, or litter the ground at the bus stop.
Yeah, it's pretty silly and causes even more problems in the long run! I still won't throw one out the window, mostly because of the fire dangers around here... I lived in the Sierras for a while, and became REALLY fire-conscious while I was there. One burning ash can start a forest fire, and I certainly don't want that on my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Isn't it pathetic, the most common form of litter...........not just in the USA...........but..............IN THE WORLD.

Yes, for some reason it is acceptable for smokers to throw their filthy ciggy butts anywhere and everywhere.....how pathetic:

Cigarettes are the most common form of litter in the world, with more than 5.6 trillion filters finding their way into the environment every year.

full article:

Cigarettes are the most common form of litter in the world

Toxicity of cigarette butts, and their chemical components, to marine and freshwater fish -- Slaughter et al. 20 (Suppl 1): i25 -- Tobacco Control

I walk a lot......some areas have literally thousands of butts everywhere. Some areas look so bad due to the filthy butts EVERYWHERE. And this stuff gets into the water systems......man.....pretty sad.

How about a recycling tax, say 10 cents a cigarette, you get the money back when you turn in your butts at a recycling center.

Read the material and methods test. Also, the report does not substantiate its claim concerning the claims of your news story "...most common form of litter in the world". They performed ONE test. Their testing wouldn't even pass a 1st grade science project requirement when I went to school.

Seriously, the EPA is a laughing stock. They wouldn't know what proper scientific process was if it beat them in the head with a bat for a solid hour. Junk science, political focus, idiot government propaganda pushers, nothing more.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:57 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Read the material and methods test. Also, the report does not substantiate its claim concerning the claims of your news story "...most common form of litter in the world". They performed ONE test. Their testing wouldn't even pass a 1st grade science project requirement when I went to school.

Seriously, the EPA is a laughing stock. They wouldn't know what proper scientific process was if it beat them in the head with a bat for a solid hour. Junk science, political focus, idiot government propaganda pushers, nothing more.
Smoker huh!!! Butts all over the place and it is not a problem.....wow, just pathetic.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Smoker huh!!! Butts all over the place and it is not a problem.....wow, just pathetic.
Nope, I don't smoke. How ignorantly assumptive!

Uh Oh, what fallacious attack will you use next so you can evade having to answer to the content of my discussion? Stay tuned...

Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Nope, I don't smoke. How ignorantly assumptive!

Uh Oh, what fallacious attack will you use next so you can evade having to answer to the content of my discussion? Stay tuned...

Ok, you are smarter than all of those scientists at the EPA.

And yeah, it is not like all of those filthy ciggy butts getting into the waterways is a big deal, no problem.

Sure you are not a smoker????

Old 06-09-2011, 12:16 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,230 times
Quote:
Most COMMON FORM OF LITTER, CIGGARETTE BUTTS
Well of course! Everybodies so anti-smoking anymore, they don't put out any freakin' ashtrays! So...let 'em pick up the litter!

Old 06-09-2011, 12:47 AM

Most new cars don't even have ashtrays in them! This anti-smoking craze has gotten ridiculous.

So...all you anti-smoking Nazi's have a bit of extra litter to have to bend down and pick up now and again? So what! Think of it as a bit of extra exercise to trim down your waistline...courtesy of us...THE SMOKERS!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
As a pipe smoker, I don't leave nuthin' but ash.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
As a pipe smoker, I don't leave nuthin' but ash.
Wrong! What about the "smell" all the non-smokers complain about? Also...don't you know you're guilty of tainting their air? lolololololol!!!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:53 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
Wrong! What about the "smell" all the non-smokers complain about? Also...don't you know you're guilty of tainting their air? lolololololol!!!!!

I smoke in the privacy of my office
and my smoke passes harmlessly
through my window fan.
I do not "taint" anyone else's air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies