Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 11:52 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA palmetto View Post
The first of two reasons why many Americans support homosexual unions is because there has been an enormous push in the media to promote it. How many tv shows can you name that have openly homosexual couples screaming against anyone daring to feel uncomfortable about it? How about the case in the homosexual softball league that only permits two straight players per team? Sound like discrimination? Sure.

The real reason for restricting marriage to being between a man and a woman is because the family is the fundamental unit of any healthy society. When the family falls apart, the children have a harder time and it is harder for the parents to teach them to be good people and stay out of trouble. I'm not saying it's impossible for a single person to raise good kids, but it certainly is harder.

Our country is clearly going downhill in ways I never imagined I would see in my lifetime. The US is no longer dominant in world affairs, we're mired in selfish debt, and we're more self destructive than any time since the fall of the Roman empire. This can be traced back to the decline in the family. Homosexual unions DO oppose the values that encourage family unity, because it cannot lead to a natural family. Our country is also getting weaker because there are far too many nonworking retirees relative to the number of working people. The ratio is far worse than even the days when predominantly only men worked. Look at Japan with their collapsing country and aging population. Americans have become too complacent, always assuming we can get another loan, or hire a serf from Latin America to clean our homes. The collapse of families and lack of children is driving this problem.

Every time I hear someone cry bigotry because another person disagrees with homosexuality, I recognize that the accuser is the actual bigot if the other person is raising a point that should at least be considered. You cannot be for homosexual unions without be against supporting families in some ways. If we keep going the same direction, we'll fall just like the Romans did, and then eventually nobody will believe in the same self destructive tendencies that got us there.
Yes, I know, I know, it's ALL the fault of the gays and the civil unions of the gays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Its called evolving, VAPalmetto. This is how things are now: society has changed, and you and everyone else are gonna have to deal with it. Or you can sit in your corner crying moaning about how the values went downhill and hoping things have never changed. The thing is...everything changes. If not, the slavery would still exist and woman would still be burn in public squares like hundreds of years ago (hey, some societys still do those things).
So, if you want nothing to change, then im sorry for you, but everything is changing in this world you are living and things ("values" you may say) arent as they were long ago. In this particular matter, they are better.

So deal with it.

You, Brazlian, Yeledaf, and everyone else that think this is unacceptable are gonna continue seeing many many gay couples displaying public affection and doing whatever they want and are gonna have to learn to live with it. What you call "abnormal" or "sick" is gonna keep happening so you better learn how to be more understanding, and, may i say, show a little more heart.

Last edited by SophieLL; 06-04-2011 at 01:18 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 02:42 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I repeat this question if gay's should be allowed to get married why shouldn't to 40 years brothers be allowed to get married to each other (isn't laws banning insect also religious and discriminatory laws)?
Personally, I don't care if they do... that's their business, not mine. But as somebody already pointed out, the act of homosexuality is NOT illegal, whereas incest (at least between siblings or parents/children) IS. Got any other lame, over-used arguments to throw at us? How about the old "It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!" That's a true classic, LOL.

Seriously, these gay marriage debates are sooooo 2008... same words, different day, and I still don't care if gay people want to marry. If it offends you, get over it. Lots of things offend me too, but I'm not crying for them to be illegal.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:47 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm offended by public prayer, but I deal with it. I try to keep the expression "live and let live" in my mind as much as possible. You should consider doing the same when it comes to same-sex couples.
Public prayer has no effect on our language, other than to offer somewhat archaic forms of expression. Changing the meaning of marriage to describe "any coupling of two or more sentient humans" does.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:03 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Pervert our language? Do you have any idea what "marriage" historically meant? It's not a religious concept, nor was it historically 1 man and 1 adult woman in a consensual relationship. It was usually 1 older man, and 1 or more young girls forced to marry the man and denied all rights. She became chattel.
The concept of marriage as the union of a man and a woman, and the accompanying stabilizing influence of the blending of genes and the loving and nurturing of natural offspring has been the bedrock of our culture for centuries. That this institution is under attack, that more and more marriages are dissolved in bitterness, that the number of illegitimate childen continues to soar -- with horrific consequences to our society -- and that now some people are yammering for the obvious absurdity of single-sex "marriage" as a way to further cheapen and vulgarize our culture, is an outrageous chapter in an increasingly sorry part of our history which began in the 1960s and continues today. Inmates taking over the asylum. Have at it. But don't be surprised that, aside from those of us who are no longer amused, a lot of people -- including the straight "supporters" of gay "marriage" who laugh privately at the joke they're playing on our country when they get behind closed doors -- realize that this is nothing more or less than a sham and a mockery of a society which they secretly detest and lack the courage to improve.

Quote:
In the United States, a black and a white person getting married was also deemed a perversion less than 50 years ago and thus illegal. Shall we reinstate those laws?
If you are unable to distinguish between the oppressive laws forbidding interracial heterosexual marriage and the farcical clamoring for homosexual "matrimony", you are either beyond help or simply pretending ignorance.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:34 AM

597 posts, read 1,298,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA palmetto View Post
The first of two reasons why many Americans support homosexual unions is because there has been an enormous push in the media to promote it. How many tv shows can you name that have openly homosexual couples screaming against anyone daring to feel uncomfortable about it? How about the case in the homosexual softball league that only permits two straight players per team? Sound like discrimination? Sure.

The real reason for restricting marriage to being between a man and a woman is because the family is the fundamental unit of any healthy society. When the family falls apart, the children have a harder time and it is harder for the parents to teach them to be good people and stay out of trouble. I'm not saying it's impossible for a single person to raise good kids, but it certainly is harder.

Our country is clearly going downhill in ways I never imagined I would see in my lifetime. The US is no longer dominant in world affairs, we're mired in selfish debt, and we're more self destructive than any time since the fall of the Roman empire. This can be traced back to the decline in the family. Homosexual unions DO oppose the values that encourage family unity, because it cannot lead to a natural family. Our country is also getting weaker because there are far too many nonworking retirees relative to the number of working people. The ratio is far worse than even the days when predominantly only men worked. Look at Japan with their collapsing country and aging population. Americans have become too complacent, always assuming we can get another loan, or hire a serf from Latin America to clean our homes. The collapse of families and lack of children is driving this problem.

Every time I hear someone cry bigotry because another person disagrees with homosexuality, I recognize that the accuser is the actual bigot if the other person is raising a point that should at least be considered. You cannot be for homosexual unions without be against supporting families in some ways. If we keep going the same direction, we'll fall just like the Romans did, and then eventually nobody will believe in the same self destructive tendencies that got us there.
You're right!!
Finally someone coherent.
I think like you. The world is plunged into a moral crisis.
Family values are ending.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:45 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
There r homa-sectials hidin under yer bed

Old 06-04-2011, 07:16 AM

597 posts, read 1,298,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I now pronounce you husband and husband?

Sorry, but that's weird. And you know it.

I agree.
Gay people want us to believe that gay couple is a natural thing. It is not!!
The traditional maarriage, betwen a man and a woman, is the foundation of society and family, which consists husband, wife and children, with moral values, ethics, religious and patriotic. (Why not?)
What a gay couple can produce as a family? Nothing.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:19 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
I love it when two people that love each other make a commitment to that love. How wonderful for them.

How sad for you that you dwell in self-righteous indignation in judgement of others. Cast the board from your eye and view your own need to improve.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:26 AM

624 posts, read 1,121,715 times
This is just sick... The problem is that I can't do nothing about it... not even spit these disgusting creatures! It's good that I can move to Eastern Europe whenever I want and there are no gays there... not too many gays in Austria or Switzerland either... It's about culture... if you tell someone that he can do whatever he wants... some crazy creatures will become homosexuals. If you tell them that they have to marry a woman they will remain normal! There's a reason why there are almost no homosexuals in Eastern Europe! Because every person grows up there knowing that he will have to marry a woman at some point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies